PDA

View Full Version : Font size question.

sjard
July 4th, 2016, 14:56
Is there a way to increase the font size, without increasing the entire UI? I'm getting a bit older and my eyes aren't as good as they used to be, but the general UI increase makes everything blurry.

Thanks.

Zacchaeus
July 4th, 2016, 15:24
Try this extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25600-Using-FG-at-the-tabletop&p=227962&viewfull=1#post227962) - it might help.

sjard
July 4th, 2016, 15:48
Potentially useful, wish it had a size selector as it's a touch larger than i'd prefer.

Talyn
July 4th, 2016, 16:54
I really hope when they get this thing over to the Unity engine that they add what is now commonplace Quality of Life improvements to the UI such as letting everyone choose their own font size, etc.

Nickademus
July 4th, 2016, 17:10
Open the extension linked by Zacc, and open the graphics_fonts.xml file. Change the value of each font to be smaller and save.

So for instance
<ttf file="graphics/fonts/Sans-Copperplate Gothic.ttf" name="Sans-Copperplate Gothic" size="22" />
would be
<ttf file="graphics/fonts/Sans-Copperplate Gothic.ttf" name="Sans-Copperplate Gothic" size="18" />

damned
July 5th, 2016, 07:00
It is a touch larger than mst people would choose as it was originally written for people who wanted to /scaleui 80% to gain a bit more screen space and still be able to read the content.
And Nickademus points out how you can customise it to your hearts content.

damned
July 5th, 2016, 07:02
I really hope when they get this thing over to the Unity engine that they add what is now commonplace Quality of Life improvements to the UI such as letting everyone choose their own font size, etc.

Its really not a simple thing to do. Huge amounts of the interface fit together with specific font sizes etc. How do you dynamically increase frames or columns to accommodate the changing font sizes?

sjard
July 5th, 2016, 09:01
Okay, quick question, without going through and trial and erroring every setting, any idea which one changes the main body text font size? everything else is just fine.

damned
July 5th, 2016, 09:59
from memory it will be the reference-X definitions