PDA

View Full Version : Customer PC Sheets

FSHSchmo
July 3rd, 2016, 20:01
I am currently running a game of Shadow of the Demon Lord via the Core RPG and wanted to know if it is possible to mod the PC sheets to add the fields that the game calls for. Not really looking for functionality i.e., ruleset pulling stats, more of just spots to put info to line up with what the games PC sheets call for.

Zacchaeus
July 3rd, 2016, 21:54
I believe that you can do something like this via an extension (there's a few posts around about this if you do a site search for character sheet extension), but how you actually do that is beyond my ken.

damned
July 3rd, 2016, 23:37
Hi FSHSchmo try MoreCore extension - or if you can wait until 3.2.0 is released I will release a MoreCore ruleset that has quite a few options for other game systems.

Dr0W
July 5th, 2016, 04:27
MoreCore is freaking awesome, but what I'd love to see would be a fully functional Shadow of the Demon Lord ruleset.

damned
July 5th, 2016, 05:42
MoreCore is freaking awesome, but what I'd love to see would be a fully functional Shadow of the Demon Lord ruleset.

That is a possibility....

Dr0W
July 5th, 2016, 07:12
That is a possibility....

Is there? I'd love to see it happening, would buy it for sure.

FSHSchmo
July 6th, 2016, 02:44
I would love to see the same and would buy it day one!

Damned if all of the details of a SoTDL sheet dont make it in to the MoreCore update let me know. Would love to see how to add what I need to an extension.

Talyn
July 6th, 2016, 03:00
I have pestered Rob Schwalb about licensing SotDL for FG but no response yet. Not that I want to do the work, because I haven't felt like re-learning Lua to program the ruleset. :p But I'd certainly buy the ruleset! I played in a SotDL game using CoreRPG and the MoreCore extension a couple weeks ago for FG Daze and it worked well enough to "fake it" as it's a fairly simple system and if the players are competent enough in FG it goes quickly enough.

But official vs. fake? Official wins for me every time.

Pathfinder on FG still makes me so sad...

damned
July 6th, 2016, 08:57
I would love to see the same and would buy it day one!

Damned if all of the details of a SoTDL sheet dont make it in to the MoreCore update let me know. Would love to see how to add what I need to an extension.

What are the stats - I have never played it? I think you will find what we have down with the section where Primary Abilities used to be quite good.

damned
July 6th, 2016, 09:04
I have pestered Rob Schwalb about licensing SotDL for FG but no response yet. Not that I want to do the work, because I haven't felt like re-learning Lua to program the ruleset. :p But I'd certainly buy the ruleset! I played in a SotDL game using CoreRPG and the MoreCore extension a couple weeks ago for FG Daze and it worked well enough to "fake it" as it's a fairly simple system and if the players are competent enough in FG it goes quickly enough.

But official vs. fake? Official wins for me every time.

Pathfinder on FG still makes me so sad...

Ultimately only a handful of rulesets will ever be commercially viable vs the effort of building and converting them. I believe there is some interest in SotDL....

I dont understand your comment on Pathfinder. Until the 5e ruleset came out the Pathfinder ruleset on Fantasy Grounds was the most featured VTT experience available. Only the volume of sale that 5e could generate warrants the dev work that goes into building a ruleset and reference material to the level we do see in 5e.

Dr0W
July 6th, 2016, 09:17
Ultimately only a handful of rulesets will ever be commercially viable vs the effort of building and converting them. I believe there is some interest in SotDL....

Shadows of the Demon Lord is very simple. MoreCore already does 99% of what's needed to run a game since the system is like a very simplistic derivation of dnd. The only really helpful things I can think of are a way to roll boons and banes (usual roll +/- highest number on Nd6 where N is the number of boons/banes, and it's plus if a boon or minus if a bane). And a way to compare attacks vs defense (like dnd)

damned
July 6th, 2016, 09:35
So if you have 2 boons you roll 2d6 but only add the highest of the 2 rolls?

Dr0W
July 6th, 2016, 09:41
So if you have 2 boons you roll 2d6 but only add the highest of the 2 rolls?

Exactly. The full roll would be a d20+attributes mod. + result of the boons/banes roll.
Also boons and banes cancel each other, so you will never have a situation to roll for both and then add the d6 result of one and subtract the other.

Talyn
July 6th, 2016, 13:45

I dont understand your comment on Pathfinder. Until the 5e ruleset came out the Pathfinder ruleset on Fantasy Grounds was the most featured VTT experience available. Only the volume of sale that 5e could generate warrants the dev work that goes into building a ruleset and reference material to the level we do see in 5e.

Oh, I know it's a "show me the money!" thing. It's a shame Paizo is dead-set on keeping their heads up their asses about licensing, since you've proven it can be done with 5E by encrypting that specific data. My comment is simply that 5E and Savage Worlds put everything else to shame with the level of automation. For me, having that automation is part of the allure of a VTT. But there's no money in re-building the PF (which is just 3.5E) ruleset without a license. Catch 22.

Talyn
July 6th, 2016, 13:51
Exactly. The full roll would be a d20+attributes mod. + result of the boons/banes roll.
Also boons and banes cancel each other, so you will never have a situation to roll for both and then add the d6 result of one and subtract the other.

Correct. If the GM says you have 3 boons but also 2 banes, then your roll would be 1 boon. Not sure that type of situation ever comes up but I've only played Starter characters so far (level 0). The boon/bane mechanic is an iteration of 5E's advantage/disadvantage, just using Nd6 (keep highest) as the modifier rather than a full d20.

Trenloe
July 6th, 2016, 16:46
My comment is simply that 5E and Savage Worlds put everything else to shame with the level of automation.
You mean character creation drag/drop automation? Otherwise, PF is pretty close to 5E in terms of the actual gaming (once characters are created). Both rely heavily on effects for the gaming automation. I've played many PF sessions on FG and a lot of gaming automation is possible.

David32780
July 6th, 2016, 16:58
I love me some Shadow of the Demon Lord ;)

FSHSchmo
July 13th, 2016, 14:59
What are the stats - I have never played it? I think you will find what we have down with the section where Primary Abilities used to be quite good.

Here is an example of one of the detailed PC sheets for SoTDL.