PDA

View Full Version : Token shared to players

Smoltok
July 3rd, 2016, 14:39
Hello,

We are news at usinf FG !

I wonder how to shared my tokens (got by pourchased them) to players ?

Zacchaeus
July 3rd, 2016, 15:45
Hi, Smoltok welcome to FG and to the Community.

The advice is not to share tokens with players since it can adversely affect download speeds and other things. You can give the player's characters a token yourself - they don't need to do it.

If you really want to share tokens with your players then click on the tokens button to open the token library and find your tokens module in there and drag the Green 'Tick' over the red cross. This will allow the players to view that module when they next join your game.

Smoltok
July 3rd, 2016, 17:02
The great Zacchaeus himself !

I understand about avoiding player download.

Nevertheless, I tried to share tokens the way you told me, but it didn't work. I joined the game with another PC, but there is no way to see these damned token ^^

Same question about portrait ? (Same answer ?)

Zacchaeus
July 3rd, 2016, 17:52
Ah, my apologies. It's a long time since someone asked this question and I wasn't paying enough attention.

So, actually, the only way you can share a token with the players is to put it into the shared folder at Fantasy Grounds/tokens/shared.
You won't be able to share any of the tokens that come with FG but any that you obtain elsewhere that you can place in that folder will be shared.
Portraits can't be shared at all. But players can use their own portraits if they want to.

Sorry again for the misinformation.

Smoltok
July 3rd, 2016, 19:40
Ok now I understand.

FG don't allow such kind of sharing. It's a pity but as I said, I understand.

Thanks for those details !

We will enjoy FG anyway :)

damned
July 3rd, 2016, 23:43
Hi Smoltok it was an early design decision made many years ago. It is under review it just has a bunch of other (not so simple) coding dependencies.... so you are correct - you can cant share them but you can as Zacchaeus points out, assign them tokens and they will see them.

Talley Darkstar
October 2nd, 2016, 20:28
Well, I think that answers my question as well. :-/

csbailey1984
October 4th, 2016, 04:33
Can you change a characters portrait yourself since you can't just share yours to them? Part of the reason I got the complete class pack was to share the portraits with my players.

damned
October 4th, 2016, 04:35
Yes - in 5e (and most CoreRPG rulesets) the GM can assign portraits.

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/fgcon9-sig9.jpg (https://www.fg-con.com/events/)
FG Con 9 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - October 14-16 2016
Register at www.fg-con.com (https://www.fg-con.com/) for all the latest info.

csbailey1984
October 4th, 2016, 04:44
Oh good I'll just do that instead of having to stare at their goofy default portraits =)

JohnD
October 4th, 2016, 05:11
Take a screenshot of the portraits and share them. Ask the players to tell you row/column of the one they want and then assign it yourself. Unshare the screenshot.

csbailey1984
October 4th, 2016, 05:32
Hey that is a really good idea I will do that!