PDA

View Full Version : New GM: LF 1-2 Players- 5e Homebrew Campaign- Biweekly Friday Nights @ 9:30PM EST

jnestor5
July 3rd, 2016, 05:27
FG License: Ultimate

Game System: D&D 5E

Day of week and time: Fridays, biweekly, 9:30 PM EST, starting on 8th July with a session zero maybe 0.5
Duration: 4-5 hours long

Text or Voice: Mostly video voice chat with some text parts.

Voice software used: Skype

Number of Players: 4-5 mostly inexperienced.

Looking For: 1 to 2 Players with any kind of experience level because we're still not all that experienced ourselves. Just tell me about yourself below. What of things you like to do, etc.

Character starting level and restrictions: First level characters. Stat rolls are to be rolled before the game with the GM. Rolling 4d6 seven times in order. Dropping the lowest dice on each roll, you can switch two stats and the seventh number is dropped.

Will be using the PHD, EE Players Companion (no Aarakocra), Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, Blood Hunter from Matt Mercer, Fifth Edition Feats, the races of Aasimar and Ursine, and a lot more from the Unearthed Arcana.

FYI: We currently have a Gensai Warlock, maybe a Dragonborn Fighter, and maybe an Aasimar or Elven Ranger.

About Us: Currently finishing up mines of Phandelvers with our current group and wanting to start a Homebrew Campaign. Our current gm doesn't want to run D&D anymore so I'm taking up the mantle. I'm planning to have a balanced of combat, puzzles, and role playing in the game. I'm also a fan of Critical Role and I'll be flavoring some of my games with little of Matt Mercer I guess. That also means we will try to crack jokes as well.

About the World: The world is a fragmented world divided into regions with a ocean in the middle and a giant black tower in the middle of that. It's combination of high and medium fantasy with some tech: guns, gnomish gadgets, etc. steampunk kinda tech. I design it this way so that there is potential to have a ton of different adventures in this world. Mostly will probably stick will the classic D&D flavor, but variety is good thing.

Finally: If this sounds like you would be interested, let me know. We will be doing this bi-weekly as long as we can and happy gaming. ;)

Hector Trelane
July 3rd, 2016, 07:17
Sounds great and welcome, jnestor5.

Strongly recommended to post on the calendar here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/), enter your timezone, and set daylight savings to Automatic in your Profile Settings and then in the calendar use the HH:MM format for posting the game time session. That allows everyone who has set their own timezone will see the correct time.

Diomitus
July 3rd, 2016, 09:21
This sounds awesome! Great of you to carry the torch!

Diomitus
July 3rd, 2016, 09:23
I would like to possibly join, but I'm not 100% on the scheduling.
Please let me know if you have any room though!

Ttocs Sivart
July 4th, 2016, 21:40
Hey, I would be interested in joining up that time set up is great for me. I have a little experience with FG and 5E, but the few games I have found have fizzled out just as they were getting interesting. I have an elf rogue that Id like to try again, maybe get past 3 this time. I wouldnt mind coming up with something new if the group needed something else, although I am a new to casters in FG. Let me know if you have space and we can talk about characters and the world. HDYWTDT

jnestor5
July 5th, 2016, 02:41
We still have room.

Not 100% on the scheduling Diomitus? the time? or cause it's a biweekly game? Let me know. Also what would you like to play?

Ttocs Sivart, an elven rogue sounds pretty cool. I'll let you know. That's good you're familiar with FG. That will help out. Also that you played with others before. I will warn you that some of our players during are new and are not the greatest roleplayers. They're learning slowly.

Diomitus
July 5th, 2016, 02:49
I'm in the process of moving so my schedule is in a state of flux but should be fine in the very near future.
If the games are 9:30 pm every other Saturday I should be perfectly fine.
I've really wanted to play a Swashbuckler, a less conventional rogue, but seems really fun.
Either that or a sorceror.
Let me know! I'd love to play Friday.
Cheers

Diomitus
July 5th, 2016, 10:04
Sorry, I meant 9:30pm every other FRIDAY.
I should be good to go THIS Friday and every other Friday also.

jnestor5
July 7th, 2016, 03:38
Update: We definitely have a Dragonborn Fighter now and the ranger might be a monk now. So yeah.

Ttocs Sivart
July 7th, 2016, 05:04
That still sounds fun to me. I am still pretty new with RPing too. I have a rough backstory/build for a rogue, ranger, and fighter I have used for the first few levels before but I think I will tinker with some others tomorrow night. Its good to have some options if a group needs a role filled.

Diomitus
July 7th, 2016, 05:14
I'll have a rogue and sorceror built and ready.

I'll PM you the details jnestor

Kayin
July 8th, 2016, 00:38
I'm definitely interested in playing a longer term game. I don't have a ton of FG experience, but do have a lot of rpg and role playing exp in general. I'm open to play whatever the group needs, but from the looks of the party, I will be playing a cleric or druid (both of which I enjoy).

jnestor5
July 8th, 2016, 04:15
Check your private messages guys. I sent info through them.

Diomitus
July 9th, 2016, 01:02
We on for tonight?

P0H0
July 9th, 2016, 01:42
Jeremy and I would like to join up this evening -- set for every other Friday. If you have room please message me details so we can join.

Both of us are experienced with 5E and Fantasy Grounds.

Thanks!

Sean

WVFiend
July 10th, 2016, 03:45
any slots available? Great to see more west virginia gamers on here:)