PDA

View Full Version : Informed but New Player LFG

Mustachious
July 3rd, 2016, 01:55
FG License: Standard

Time Zone: Central Time, USA

Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Most weekdays, evenings. I'm off the next two days, however, so if a quick pickup game is your thing i'm good for that too!

Term: Short term and Long term, but long term preferred.

Voice: Able to use whatever. Prefer voice over text, though.

Game Systems Preferred: D&D 5E

Game System Experience: Relatively new and willing to learn. Read the majority of the PHB, but not all.

Fantasy Grounds Experience: Been fooling around with it mostly. Willing to learn.

Character Type Preferred: I am good with any class, but highly prefer Monk.

About me: I'm looking for a good adventure to cut my teeth on both FG and D&D 5E. I'm an open-minded, and outgoing person always willing to learn and I get along very well with others. I would love to have a regular group of D&D buddies who can come together and have a good bit of fun together. Anything else you want to know just ask! I'm ready to play!

damned
July 3rd, 2016, 02:51
Welcome Mustachious - dont be upset that much of this is cut and paste from an earlier post :)

Just like in a real life tabletop group you have to look for games and people that have similar interests and availability as you.
Locate the Looking For Game forum and browse all the recent game advertisements for the last 2 weeks and see if any look like they might be a match.
Post on those threads that look interesting to you and introduce yourself and anything else that you think might help you find a home.
Also look at the one shots that are advertised - even if they are not the system you were planning to play - you will meet gamers and GMs and this will lead to more opportunities and you might find some systems and genres that rock that you wouldnt have played otherwise.
Edit your Timezone here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions so that the Calendar shows correctly for you.
If you visit the forum regularly and do the above you will find games and a group.