PDA

View Full Version : LFP: N1 Against the Cult of the Reptile God (1st Edition AD&D/OSRIC)

doseyclwn
July 2nd, 2016, 19:11
FG License: I've got ultimate, so anyone can play
Time Zone: EST - United States
Text or voice: Voice
Game System: 1st Edition AD&D/OSRIC (I'm using the 1e rules, but OSRIC is so close as to be indistinguishable)
Characters Needed: 4 to 7. I will have pre-gens, but you're welcome to roll your own beforehand
Link to sign up for game: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2079

I've been thinking about doing this for awhile. I've wanted to play 1st edition again for the longest time, but I've just found my books and a copy of Module N1: Against the Cult of the Reptile God. If you miss 1st edition or have always wanted to try it, this one-shot is for you! If it's enough fun, I may try running more 1e adventures.

So now for the negative part. I'm not sure how this is even possible in 1e, but no rules-lawyering or min/maxing. Let's just play and have a good time. People that want to play should PM me a little about their experience and about what kind of character they want to play. Let's have fun with this, people!

Answulf
July 6th, 2016, 06:59
Day of the week and time?

doseyclwn
July 6th, 2016, 13:32
We're going to wait until we get enough people and we'll figure that out.

yeknom
July 6th, 2016, 13:58
Depending on the time I might be keen to play this. I signed up on the game calendar.

doseyclwn
July 6th, 2016, 15:23
yeknom, please make sure you send me a pm that tells me a bit about your background with D&D and what your idea for a character is.

yeknom
July 6th, 2016, 17:19
yeknom, please make sure you send me a pm that tells me a bit about your background with D&D and what your idea for a character is.

Done

Varsuuk
July 8th, 2016, 02:14
Sorry for complete inexperience (with FG rulesets) but what is OSRIC?

I still remember fondly my old AD&D days... :)

Andraax
July 8th, 2016, 03:18
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSRIC

Varsuuk
July 8th, 2016, 15:57
Hey, that's great - thanks.

JohnD
July 8th, 2016, 17:26
Need to know day/time/frequency/length/etc....

doseyclwn
July 8th, 2016, 18:28
We're trying to decide that now. For now, we're doing a one shot which will take one or two sessions. If everything goes well, I may end up running more, but for now I just wanna get my feet wet since it's been 10 billion years since I've played first edition

dmkevin
August 8th, 2016, 20:26
I'm in the same boat. Loved 1st edition and would like to run it again with the great modules of the past but I cannot figure out how to proceed at all with the OSRIC ruleset. I have had no problem with modules in FG until I looked at using the OSRIC ruleset. I have bought the Castles & Crusades Ruleset and am currently working on putting A1 Secret of the Slaver's Stockade in the Story mod along with monsters etc. I am about 1/3 done but I have not yet played Castles & Crusades at all yet. I hope I am not wasting my time, but the C&C ruleset looks far more complete than the OSRIC ruleset.

damned
August 9th, 2016, 02:35
I'm in the same boat. Loved 1st edition and would like to run it again with the great modules of the past but I cannot figure out how to proceed at all with the OSRIC ruleset. I have had no problem with modules in FG until I looked at using the OSRIC ruleset. I have bought the Castles & Crusades Ruleset and am currently working on putting A1 Secret of the Slaver's Stockade in the Story mod along with monsters etc. I am about 1/3 done but I have not yet played Castles & Crusades at all yet. I hope I am not wasting my time, but the C&C ruleset looks far more complete than the OSRIC ruleset.

Castles&Crusades is definitely more complete than OSRIC and its a good system too. Familiar enough to old D&D heads with a few simpler mechanics.

doseyclwn
August 12th, 2016, 14:23
Sorry this has been awhile. I still plan to run this, just not sure when. ON a related note, can anyone tell me how difficult it woudl be to convert 1e to Castles and Crusades?

damned
August 12th, 2016, 14:37
Sorry this has been awhile. I still plan to run this, just not sure when. ON a related note, can anyone tell me how difficult it woudl be to convert 1e to Castles and Crusades?

Swap the monsters 1:1
If you have to make any new ones just fix the AC.

Andraax
August 12th, 2016, 15:55
Trivially easy: https://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?173600-C-amp-C-lt-gt-AD-amp-D-(conversion-ease)