PDA

View Full Version : Armor Damage

Octavious
July 1st, 2016, 19:06
Does anyone degrade PC armor over combat time . Such as the armor being damaged upon a successful hit and damage to pc wearing the said armor.? If so what kind of calculations is feasible ?

LordEntrails
July 1st, 2016, 19:13
No, I don't. There are other game systems that have this mechanic, but I don't use such in 5E.

Zacchaeus
July 1st, 2016, 19:45
As, LordEntrails, no I don't. There isn't any kind of calculation you can do within FG unless you made an extension and I don't even know if that's possible for this kind of thing. You'd have to do it all manually somehow. I'd strongly recommend you don't do it in 5e however since everything is nicely balanced with Bounded Accuracy and all.

Redemption77
July 2nd, 2016, 00:59
5e is really meant to be rules light. Focus on the story and the RP more then the dice outcomes. When it comes to armor degradation I dont use it, like the other two before me, but I have used it for story effect. So in my case after a rather harrowing fight with some enemies the fighter had taken enough abuse his armor was nearly shredded. He had little choice but to go get more. It was nothing more then effect and story and luckily I have great players who love that stuff so I dont ever get crap for doing things like that

gqwebb
July 2nd, 2016, 20:07
I did like the muck in ddo and the weapon damage and armor. Don't think an adversarie that does this type of damage as part of the mission. But day to day use it would be no for me.

Redemption77
July 2nd, 2016, 20:19
You know the monsters like Black Puddings that are basically made up of acid have a slight mechanic for such things. If you strike them with a non magical weapon the weapon disolves. If they begin to consume you and youre wearing armor thats non magical it will disolve. While I call it a slight mechanic is because there is no degrading mechanic, just a simple. "Yep, you're crap is screwed, deal with it"

damned
July 3rd, 2016, 03:04
Our monk fell in acid on 3 separate occasions in the last month. Good thing we had collected a few spare sets of red robes from our enemies...

Redemption77
July 3rd, 2016, 03:06
Acid is vile. I had a thief fall in acid just today. He lost everything he had on him except the one magical dagger that couldnt be destroyed

Edit: Damn. I spelled vile like a vial of acid. He didnt fall into a tiny vial. He fell into a whole freaking pit of it

Rhenny
July 3rd, 2016, 05:42
I had a low level fighter find an old breast plate that he wore for a little while until it fell apart. After each encounter, I rolled a d20. On a 19, 20 it fell off his body and needed to be repaired. He had it for 3 or 4 sessions before it finally gave way.

Octavious
July 4th, 2016, 02:47
Well I made something I used Visual C++ for a small dialog. It can pop up for use.. the calculations I used was to calculate the percentage of pc damage then it uses 25% of that damage to calculate any armor damage after combat. I just enter the pc name and the HP of the pc then the total armor AC . you can enter as many pcs as needed. then after an encounter just enter the pc damage and it figures it as ness. Clicking on the list name brings up a pc and the last info calculated on it. I may or may not use it unless I feel evil then who knows.

On the pic shown this pc has 30 hp and his damage was 8 so for armor of 3 it was damaged 0.2 when it gets to 2 or under ill adjust his armor AC to a -1 in the misc field in his stats sheet. for bigger number in AC the damage is more vs a 1 armor it takes quite a while to work down to zero or less .14597