PDA

View Full Version : LFP: Prowlers and Paragons

Myrtheus
July 1st, 2016, 11:53
This is a new group and I am looking for 1 or 2 more players. We will be starting Saturday, July 2nd at 12 pm CST.

Prohibition had given birth to organized crime and in turn organized crime gave birth to the costumed vigilante. Now, at the dawn of the Great Depression and the twilight of Prohibition, President Hoover recognizes the need for hope in America. Having promised to rid the country of poverty, it instead had fallen into depression. His new idea, he coined The Great Hope, was to gather a group of costumed vigilantes and put them in the spot light. They were to be the face of America. They would be the light that would lead America out of its darkness. They were F.L.U.S.H., a term coined by the press after Hoover’s speech of creating this team. He was quoted, “fighting lawlessness using super heroes” the acronym stuck and so did the theme. The liaison for the government looked for card themed vigilantes.

You are a member of FLUSH and with your other team members you have stacked the deck against crime. Are you prepared to play in a super hero game set in the golden age of comics?

Prowlers and Paragons is a very narrative system. A round of combat and even non combat skill rolls are more than simply stating that you are making a roll. You need to narrate it.

ex; "I look at the punch card and realize that this is some sort of code a computer can read. I place it in the reader and turn the computer on to see if I can decipher it's meaning."

Which is much better than, I roll my computers... what do I see?

I do recommend heading over to drivethrurpg and picking up the quick start rules. They are free and it will give you an idea how the game truly works. I have the core rules and will help players in creating their characters. If this sounds like the game for you, message me. I have three players and we are looking for more.

Myrtheus
July 2nd, 2016, 11:37
I did forget to add that I have a standard license. I will not be able to host free players.
I will also create a channel on Fantasy grounds team speak.