PDA

View Full Version : D&D5e adventurers league lost mines of Phandelver - ultimate licence 9/7 10am GMT+1

Wisewind
July 1st, 2016, 08:35
Game info - All players read this!
This is a summary of all the info decided upon in this thread and may be updated over time.
System: D&D 5e Adventurers league season 1, Tyranny of dragons (starting with lost mines of Phandelver).
DM fantasy grounds Licence: Ultimate licence, free demo users can play.
Calendar link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2078
One-shot/Reocurring: Hopefully reoccurring.
Game description: An adventurers league game meant to let me as a DM try out fantasy grounds and learn how to use it, and to let mainly New players try out D&D 5e and/or Fantasy grounds. Lighthearted roleplaying.
Date of first session: 9th of July 2016
Voice/Text: We used typing the chat last time. Will use teamspeak if requested by players.
Characters: Will be made following the Tyranny of dragons players guide found here: https://media.wizards.com/downloads/dnd/advleague_playerguide_todv1.pdf
Clerics, wizards, bards and other casters Will be required to make up a prayer, incantation, poem/song to use for each of their spells with a verbal component.
When you apply: make sure you are able to actually play at The time set for the game (check calendar for time), subscribe to this thread and post an introduction of yourself, your D&D and fantasy grounds experience and what kind of character you have in mind.
People who dont do this and just apply on the calendar Will be ignored.

Server alias: nosy shaman good thug
Password: kender

Original first post:
"Hey, I just got My filthy paws on a shiny New ultimate licence for Fantasy grounds and their D&D resources and would like to give The program a try.
I'd prefer playing with newbies and Explore fantasy grounds together.
Looking for 3-6 players interested in a casual game with rather lighthearted roleplaying as I (and maybe you) give The program and game a try.
I am currently in GMT +1 timezone (Sweden) and consider running the first session sat 9/7 10:00 GMT +1 (10am).
If you have any questions, please just ask.
Hope to hear from you soon."

Hector Trelane
July 1st, 2016, 16:26
I believe that means July 9 for those of us who put the month before the day. And I think that's 7am US East Coast time

I'm interested, Wisewind. New to 5e myself (although experienced in Fantasy Grounds).

Wisewind
July 1st, 2016, 21:13
That is correct about The date Hector, I am however not familliar with American timezone references.
I could put this up in The calender here on fantasy grounds, then it should show it in everyones own timezone, right?

Do you have a character in mind? :)

Hector Trelane
July 1st, 2016, 21:23
That is correct about The date Hector, I am however not familliar with American timezone references.
I could put this up in The calender here on fantasy grounds, then it should show it in everyones own timezone, right?

Yes that's right

Do you have a character in mind? :)

I'd like to play a youthful adolescent bard who's voice is changing and cracking and is not as good at singing as he thinks he is... people have to tolerate his "performances". Inspired by Prince Herbert from this clip ;) :

https://youtu.be/aNaXdLWt17A?t=45s

He'll be good at bashing or something, just a work-in-progress minstrel... (humor is good)

Wisewind
July 1st, 2016, 21:43
Keep in mind, if you play a bard in one of My games, you Will have to sing everytime you cast a spell or use a bard ability ;)

damned
July 2nd, 2016, 00:24
Hi Wisewind enter your timezone and set daylight savings to Automatic in your Profile Settings and then in the calendar use the HH:MM format for posting the game time session. If you do that everyone who has set their own timezone will see the correct time. Bards should definitely sing (Im off the hook - Im playing my first Bard in a text only game)!

Zacchaeus
July 2nd, 2016, 00:32
Bards should definitely sing (Im off the hook - Im playing my first Bard in a text only game)!

I don't see why this let's you off the hook 😊

Wisewind
July 2nd, 2016, 01:56
Thank you damned :) you can still sing in text... Or Recite a poem when casting spells. :)

Kegris
July 2nd, 2016, 03:53
I'd love to get in on this as well. Preferably playing a cleric. I'm new to 5e as well as Fantasy Grounds, but I'm a quick learner and got the PHB as a gift recently. I'm GMT -5.

Wisewind
July 2nd, 2016, 04:26
You are very welcome :) GMT -5 would place this game around 4 in The morning for you, but I can see if I can move The time abit.

Love clerics! Love newbies, and a players handbook as a gift is an awesome gift :)
Have you considered a god for your cleric? :)

Kegris
July 2nd, 2016, 04:44
That time would work fine for me, I'm usually up quite late (or early). I havent considered one yet, as Im not familiar with the Mines of Phandelver. Is that in the forgotten realms 'verse?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Wisewind
July 2nd, 2016, 05:40
Awesome.

The adventure is set in the forgotten realms near neverwinter :)

scytale2
July 2nd, 2016, 09:48
I would certainly be interested in playing, or rather I know someone who would like to play through my account.

Wisewind
July 2nd, 2016, 12:27
Please elaborate abit on that scytale2?

Antigone
July 2nd, 2016, 13:56
I interested to play this games (warrior or barbarian)... north American eastern time (mean 7 am for me )

Wisewind
July 2nd, 2016, 19:19
It is now up on The calender
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2078.

Use The Tyranny of dragons players guide rules when creating your characters.
https://media.wizards.com/downloads/dnd/advleague_playerguide_todv1.pdf

Nate Grey
July 2nd, 2016, 19:31
Is this a one-shot, or a continuing series? I am unable to make it on the 9th but would be interested in joining succeeding sessions.

Wisewind
July 2nd, 2016, 20:47
Hopefully this Will be a continuing game, playing through season 1 of adventurers league (horde of the dragon Queen and Rise of tiamat) after the lost mines of phandelver.
When I am more accustomed to fantasy grounds I might start running Expeditions as well.
If there is a spot left at the second session, I dont see any reason why you couldnt join in late, but I wont reserve any spots. :)

Gaebrial
July 2nd, 2016, 23:18
Hi, i'd love to play. quite new to both fantasy grounds and to DnD 5e. Would love to try out a ranger as my normal type is bash and whack!

Most likely my ranger will be based on a grumpy old scottish ghille (groundkeeper/huntsman)

Wisewind
July 2nd, 2016, 23:30
Sounds delightful :) how much D&D have you played? And what editions?

Gaebrial
July 2nd, 2016, 23:31
I've played a campaign in 4th and a few games in 5th.

Wisewind
July 3rd, 2016, 02:50
A question to all of you, what are your voicechat preferences?

Hughwer
July 3rd, 2016, 03:58
Hey I'd love to play. I have a session of D&D under my belt playing 5E on Fantasy Grounds. I have a wood elf dex based fighter in mind who is a mercenary scout. He grew up in a village where his father trained him in archery and tracking but he left when he turned 18 and joined up with a caravan. For the past 5 years all he has done was either scouting for a carvan or drinking in a tavern.

My timezone is GMT+2 so it puts this around 12:00pm for myself which is perfect.

I am perfectly fine with using any method for voice chat, I do however have experience with TeamSpeak.

Hector Trelane
July 3rd, 2016, 06:40
A question to all of you, what are your voicechat preferences?

Teamspeak is easy and free; Fantasy Grounds community server info is in my signature.

I've also done Google Hangouts which can work fine, although lacks push to talk. (On the plus side, sound sharing is a little easier.)

Kegris
July 3rd, 2016, 06:51
Teamspeak or Hangouts are the only ones I have experience with. I'm fine with either. That character sounds fun Hughwer.

Wisewind
July 3rd, 2016, 07:16
Is it possible to make teamspeak not kick players who havent talked in a while?

Hector Trelane
July 3rd, 2016, 07:20
Yes that's right

I'd like to play a youthful adolescent bard who's voice is changing and cracking and is not as good at singing as he thinks he is... people have to tolerate his "performances". Inspired by Prince Herbert from this clip ;) :

https://youtu.be/aNaXdLWt17A?t=45s

He'll be good at bashing or something, just a work-in-progress minstrel... (humor is good)

Update: Here's a full bio (as you can see I'd be playing for "Lighthearted roleplay" as it says in the calendar rather than a level-grind).

Ulaf the Bard

Ulaf is a tall, gangly lad of 15 whose voice is still breaking and who has yet to grow into his long limbs. He has the bad skin and greasy hair of an adolescent who needs to improve his grooming and wonders why other guys get the girls? He is very proud of the pre-pubescent mustache that he's been growing and doesn't find it awkward at all--why do you ask?

Ulaf's father was Ugbarrr, a ferocious barbarian leader from the northlands who united the chiefs to raid for riches in the settled southlands. On one of those raids, Ugbarrr realized that although there was decent money to be had in raiding, there was much BETTER money to be had in setting up a trading post to sell horse collars and plows and barrels and the like to the farmers, since those shrimpy little trading post guys always had chests overflowing with gold when he raided them, and they were far too scrawny to hoist a club much less swing a mighty, Hybornean sword in a flashy figure eight pattern that made impressive swooshing sounds. What gave? So, he signed a business contract with one of these scrawny, clever men and opened up a going concern that manfuctured butter churns. Things were tough at first because his barbarian buddies were quite unreliable as employees, paying hardly any attention at all to screw-tightening or inventory. And the time sheets? Kromm save us! Ugbarrr finally turned the corner when he gave his barbarian brethren a fake treasure map (or was it?) showing the location of a gem-encrusted idol of a kobold god. They left in an excited rush and have been happily raiding and bashing kobold skulls in kobold land ever since. Ugbarrr, left in peace to manage his butter churn business, soon was the number one butter churn maker in all the land, for he put out a butter churns that, if they were not the finest, were at least available at a good price and with free shipping. Ugbarrr looked forward with pride to the day when he could pass on his butter churn empire to his fast-growing son, Ulaf.

But Ulaf didn't want any of that. He wanted something different for his life: he wanted to SING.

And so, Ulaf set himself on a different path. He put butter-churn carving behind him (well, he would sneak out and try to avoid beatings when his dad sometimes caught him... okay when his dad ALWAYS caught him). Ulaf took singing lessons from the milk-maids and dancing lessons from the travelling jugglers and juggling lessons from ... travelling jugglers also. It was a lot of hard work (and many beatings), but today, Ulaf is a bard. That's right, a teller of tales and a singer of songs. One day, he'll actually sing some songs for people in his village (if they'll listen) and then another day soon after that he'll be a minstrel famous throughout the land. He always dresses in poofyshirts and pointy-toed jester shoes, and he's saving money for a fancy hat with a plume, certain that this "look" will help establish his talents. He plays the mandolin, or at least he will when he can afford one. In the meantime, he plays homemade pan-pipes and an improvised drum made of chipped crockery.

Sometimes his friends call him Ulaf the Oaf, but he knows this isn't true. He is Ulaf the Butter-Throated... Or Ulaf the Honey-Voiced... Or how about Ulaf the Majestic... the Beautiful? Yes, looking at his reflection in a pond, seeing his stringy hair and oily skin, he could see that he WAS beautiful. Soon others would see that too. He'd show them!

damned
July 3rd, 2016, 07:25
Is it possible to make teamspeak not kick players who havent talked in a while?

The FG TeamSpeak server doesnt do this.... Ive seen people asleep at their keyboards and been connected for longer than 2 days...

Antigone
July 3rd, 2016, 12:49
The FG TeamSpeak server is fine for me......

Antigone
July 3rd, 2016, 13:28
Greywolfe is a Paladin Kelemvor. When he was young his village was attacked by a horde of zombie. The entire population was massacred, except him, hidden under a bed. During the night is black hair turned gray. When the undead were kill by clerics of Kelemvor, he was adopted as a mascot by them. He grew up with a hatred of the dead.

Older he started a Paladin training in order to travel the world and put all the undead in their place. He only wears black and gray clothes. Today it takes the road, for the first time, to help eliminate any threat and especially the undead...

Wisewind
July 3rd, 2016, 18:18
Sounds like an avenger in the making :)

Elwen
July 3rd, 2016, 23:23
Hi! I've DM'd a couple of times on Fantasy Grounds and have been playing D&D since AD&D days. I've never actually played 5e, though I've DM'd for it several times. I was hoping to try out 5e's take on the bladesinger class and see how different it is from the eldritch knight. If there's any more room in the party that is. My usb doesn't work for headsets so I'd have to be text only, but the new language options on FG make text rp pretty immersive!

Wisewind
July 3rd, 2016, 23:42
As of now we have 5/7 players, so we could squeeze in a player or two.
I dont mind people using text only, but you Will need teamspeak so you can hear The others.
Keep in mind if you make a bladesinger that this game Will be following Adventurers league rules and limitations.
Theres a helpful list of them here https://merricb.com/2016/03/05/creating-a-curse-of-strahd-character/

Also observe The time for The game.
Im not sure where you are located and The timezone lay place this game in an awekward time for you.

Metaleye
July 4th, 2016, 00:30
Hi, my name's Metaleye, and I would like to join. This would be my first Adventurer's League game, so if my character doesn't fit the rules, I would appreciate some help fixing him up. I do have experience with 5e, but I'm still learning new things about FG every day. My character is named Krugg Wolfman, and this is his backstory:

*Quick Version* He is a Half-Orc Barbarian Outlander. He's lived his entire life among wolves, has no memories of times before then, was first taught how to speak by the Fey living within the Wilderness, trained his body and his wisdom to survive within the pack, and was found by the Emerald Enclave who trained him in weapons, basic languages and armor, as well as giving him the only name he has ever known, Krugg Wolfman.

*Looooong Version* Wolfman does not know of his origins. His first memory was of the hunt, grappling down a deer and holding it as his wolf brethren tore through it's neck, giving it a quick and merciful death before they started to feast. These memories became commonplace, and he thrived among the pack. He understood he had a different form than his brethren, but over time, he came closer and closer to their speed, strength, and wisdom, though he was never able to truly become a part of the pack for he could never truly understand or speak the language of the wolves. In an attempt to make up for this, in times when foreign invaders entered the pack's territory, he was the first to attack and the last to leave the fight. He did not distinguish between animals and humanoids, because he did not understand what made them truly different.

One day, he met a strange creature that was both beautiful and horrifying in the same breath, and he was entranced. The creature spoke to him in a strange and beautiful language. Though at first he didn't understand, over time it and other's taught him how to speak their language, and after a while, he was finally able to speak a language that he could use to communicate with others. He greatly enjoyed this speech, even though it sounded gruff and coarse coming from his throat, and enjoyed the long conversations he had with the beings called the Fey.

Eventually, a new threat came to the pack, and he went to take care of them as he had so many before. But before he could, other creatures came along and dealt with them. He was confused by what they were. Were they a friend or foe? They noticed him, and tried to speak to him in a course, guttural language he couldn't stand. He tried to back away, but others came from behind and kept him in the area. His pack had already been pacified by the strangers behind him, and they took him away. Later on, they taught him the languages he should have learned long before, Common and Orcish. They taught him how to use weapons, and armor as well, though he was loath to wear it. Whenever they tried to speak with him, though, he would remain silent. He refused to speak any language other than the beautiful language of the Fey. Finally, his training under the Emerald Enclave was complete, and they gave him a name to honor his race, as well as his lifestyle: Krugg Wolfman.

I changed the story from before so it fits a level 1 AL character.

Wisewind
July 4th, 2016, 02:24
Sylvan is a legal language to choose in adventurers league, "wolf" however is not and I cant see any legal option for your character to speak with wolfs.

Wisewind
July 4th, 2016, 10:48
I have added a new time to the calender, this time is not for the game session, but Im wondering if anyone would like to start creating their character and try out some of the functions?

As for the game sessions, I think they Will be around 2-3 hours long.

Hughwer
July 4th, 2016, 11:06
I would love to but I am writing my last exam an hour after (9 am GMT+2). I already have a template for my character according to the rules as well as a few backups just in case. :)

Wisewind
July 4th, 2016, 12:09
I Will most likely be by the computor til maybe 13:00 GMT +1 (the new time is 06 for me) so poke me when you have time and we can see If Im in.

Hughwer
July 4th, 2016, 12:23
Will do:)

Gaebrial
July 4th, 2016, 14:29
"Sitting under a great oak, shrouded in his great kilt, his hood up, Alexander "Ironside" Macduff waits in the darkness, watching the camp below.He starts to flow towards the tired, half drunk, sentries, drawing his sgian-achlais from its sheath under his arm. He moves behind the first sentry, placing his hand over the sentries mouth as he plunges the blade into his neck. He moves quickly to the other sentry, killing him quietly and grabbing his torch and laying it on the ground. He unslings his black warbow, placing three arrows in the pitch covered torch, drawing the first arrow so close to his hand it burns, he starts to set the camp on fire. Madness descends as the raiders pour out of the tents, being cut down by withering fire from the plaid covered spectre. When the last raiders body hits the ground he turns and fades back into the shadows. The men that had burned his home, killed his lord, slaughtered his clan now lay dying in the dark of night. The last man of Clan Macduff wandered alone in the dark of the world."

Bit of back story. Also will we be able to use The Sword Coast Adventurers Guide for backgrounds?

JerryRig
July 4th, 2016, 14:31
This posting should be moved up to the adventure league area don't ya think?

Wisewind
July 4th, 2016, 17:28
Move it wherever you wish.
I just posted it in looking for group as I was... You know... Looking for a group. :)

Wisewind
July 4th, 2016, 18:01
It might be better sometimes to not have accomplished his great task of revenge as it makes a good Bond, perhaps a flaw as well, also its good for everyone to remember that you are pretty much ordinary people at this moment, your neighbors and such would most likely recognize your skill, talent or potential, but be careful to not do a too impressive backstory as it might not fit The character in The beginning.
Just a suggestion though.

Gaebrial
July 4th, 2016, 18:57
The bond being finding a way to immortalise his clan name with great deeds so they will always be remembered. His flaw being a both desperation and loneliness at being the last of his clan and an undying hatred of bandits reavers and raiders or anyone else who makes money from the suffering of others.

As I'm either a far lander or out lander as a background I've never been to this area.

edogan
July 4th, 2016, 22:56
Wisewind,

I would love to be apart of this adventure. I just got back into D&D back in April but I played before when I was young (Advanced D&D 2nd Edition).
If invited I would like to play a Half-Elf Sorcerer named Mavelin.

Ed

Kegris
July 5th, 2016, 01:54
Ah, I'm beginning to feel like this group might be out of my league. I'm still new to D&D and these bio's are way better than anything I've got.

damned
July 5th, 2016, 05:35
Kegris no one but you knows that! Listen, interact, enjoy and learn :) All of us can learn stuff from each other.

Metaleye
July 5th, 2016, 05:56
Like Damned said, it's not a case of "I can't", it's a case of "I haven't learned how to". And even then, you don't need a good story to have a fun time. Sometimes the best bio's are as simple as, "My dad killed a dragon, and I want to be worthy of his name."

Kegris
July 5th, 2016, 06:02
I really appreciate the encouragement. Definitely looking forward to playing with you guys.

Metaleye
July 5th, 2016, 06:12
I don't think I'm actually playing, I'm one of the "If someone doesn't attend, you'll get added in" people. I hope you guys have fun though. D&D is an amazing game, and it should be enjoyed.

Wisewind
July 5th, 2016, 07:51
People! This new time today isnt really a session! :P dont worry if you cant make it today.
I was just offering to have fantasy grounds open for you to play around with and make you characters.
also, I forgot to mention that the alias for the server is "nosy shaman good thug" password is "kender".

Kegris, if you are a newbie, it is exactly for you that this game is intended :)
I intended this game to be for me to learn fantasy grounds and other new people to also explore D&D and find their style :)
When it comes to a "good" background, whatever fits the character is good.
My own current Adventurers league characters background is pretty much he grew up among the elves (he is an elf), had a happy life, studied to be a mage, wanted to learn more and felt like there were more knowledge about magic out there that the elves wouldnt teach him, so he went out in search of it with his wife Irwen (my actual wife).
I also had players who had the background "got bored as a farmer, bought a sword and started using it for money" wich I personally think is a perfect background as it is short, but tells alot about the character :)

Wisewind
July 5th, 2016, 08:47
Im leaving the server open, so feel free to jump in and make a character sheet and such.

Metaleye
July 5th, 2016, 21:14
Wait, is this meant only for the people who are "active" on the Game Calendar, or for everyone?

Like I mean the alias/password.

Wisewind
July 5th, 2016, 22:34
It was for everyone, but Ive turned of My computor now.
I may have some time to leave it up on friday as well.

Hector Trelane
July 6th, 2016, 09:01
Update: Here's a full bio (as you can see I'd be playing for "Lighthearted roleplay" as it says in the calendar rather than a level-grind).

Ulaf the Bard

Ulaf is a tall, gangly lad of 15 whose voice is still breaking and who has yet to grow into his long limbs. He has the bad skin and greasy hair of an adolescent who needs to improve his grooming and wonders why other guys get the girls? He is very proud of the pre-pubescent mustache that he's been growing and doesn't find it awkward at all--why do you ask?

Ulaf's father was Ugbarrr, a ferocious barbarian leader from the northlands who united the chiefs to raid for riches in the settled southlands. On one of those raids, Ugbarrr realized that although there was decent money to be had in raiding, there was much BETTER money to be had in setting up a trading post to sell horse collars and plows and barrels and the like to the farmers, since those shrimpy little trading post guys always had chests overflowing with gold when he raided them, and they were far too scrawny to hoist a club much less swing a mighty, Hybornean sword in a flashy figure eight pattern that made impressive swooshing sounds. What gave? So, he signed a business contract with one of these scrawny, clever men and opened up a going concern that manfuctured butter churns. Things were tough at first because his barbarian buddies were quite unreliable as employees, paying hardly any attention at all to screw-tightening or inventory. And the time sheets? Kromm save us! Ugbarrr finally turned the corner when he gave his barbarian brethren a fake treasure map (or was it?) showing the location of a gem-encrusted idol of a kobold god. They left in an excited rush and have been happily raiding and bashing kobold skulls in kobold land ever since. Ugbarrr, left in peace to manage his butter churn business, soon was the number one butter churn maker in all the land, for he put out a butter churns that, if they were not the finest, were at least available at a good price and with free shipping. Ugbarrr looked forward with pride to the day when he could pass on his butter churn empire to his fast-growing son, Ulaf.

But Ulaf didn't want any of that. He wanted something different for his life: he wanted to SING.

And so, Ulaf set himself on a different path. He put butter-churn carving behind him (well, he would sneak out and try to avoid beatings when his dad sometimes caught him... okay when his dad ALWAYS caught him). Ulaf took singing lessons from the milk-maids and dancing lessons from the travelling jugglers and juggling lessons from ... travelling jugglers also. It was a lot of hard work (and many beatings), but today, Ulaf is a bard. That's right, a teller of tales and a singer of songs. One day, he'll actually sing some songs for people in his village (if they'll listen) and then another day soon after that he'll be a minstrel famous throughout the land. He always dresses in poofyshirts and pointy-toed jester shoes, and he's saving money for a fancy hat with a plume, certain that this "look" will help establish his talents. He plays the mandolin, or at least he will when he can afford one. In the meantime, he plays homemade pan-pipes and an improvised drum made of chipped crockery.

Sometimes his friends call him Ulaf the Oaf, but he knows this isn't true. He is Ulaf the Butter-Throated... Or Ulaf the Honey-Voiced... Or how about Ulaf the Majestic... the Beautiful? Yes, looking at his reflection in a pond, seeing his stringy hair and oily skin, he could see that he WAS beautiful. Soon others would see that too. He'd show them!

Here you go for a character. I think I did it right but please double check.

Gaebrial
July 7th, 2016, 18:17
Got a question concerning equipment,
"In the first edition of the Player’s Guide during the Tyranny season, characters could start with maximum gold and select their own equipment. This is no longer the case: all new characters just start with the background and class equipment packages listed in the Player’s Handbook or Basic Rules."

Which way are we going? Full starting money or just starting equipment?

Wisewind
July 8th, 2016, 00:00
We are doing Tyranny of dragons season, so we go by that seasons rules.

Gaebrial
July 8th, 2016, 00:01
Cool, thanks.

Hector Trelane
July 8th, 2016, 18:57
Wisewind, will the voice server be the community Teamspeak server in my signature?

Metaleye
July 9th, 2016, 00:34
Hey, I will be there tomorrow, though I feel that I need to warn you that about 5 minutes ago I was told that I have to go pick up my glasses at the eye doctor's office tomorrow. I will be leaving at about 12:45 PM GMT, and returning around 2:00 PM GMT, maybe a little later or sooner. Sorry this came up so suddenly, but this is the penalty of summertime (parents dragging me every which way, with no regards as to my previous plans).

Metaleye
July 9th, 2016, 01:40
My dad can cover for after I leave, at least until 1:00 PM GMT. He's never played 5e or Fantasy Grounds before, so if he does cover for me after I leave, he would need help. This is in case the session lasts longer than 3 hours.

Wisewind
July 9th, 2016, 07:54
Dont worry about it Metaleye, we can set your character on standby if you need to leave early.

Hector, yes I have opened a sub-channel on that teamspeak server.
Its called "AL Wisewinds Table", password will be handed out in the fantasy grounds game chat.
Both teamspeak and fantasy grounds servers are up if you want to do some finishing touches and such.

Wisewind
July 9th, 2016, 09:32
It seems we have had a slight problem with the calender as in the calendar, it says 10:00 for me, but if I enter the calender post, it for some reason says 12:00.
The gametime was supposed to be 10:00 GMT +1, wich was 30 minutes ago.
Im sorry about this, but we who are there already will be starting the adventure and you can join when you arrive.

Hector Trelane
July 9th, 2016, 11:04
It seems we have had a slight problem with the calender as in the calendar, it says 10:00 for me, but if I enter the calender post, it for some reason says 12:00.
The gametime was supposed to be 10:00 GMT +1, wich was 30 minutes ago.
Im sorry about this, but we who are there already will be starting the adventure and you can join when you arrive.

For accurate calendar time listing, goto Profile --> General Settings --> scroll to "Date & Time Options" near the bottom of the screen and select your timezone and then put Daylight Savings Time (DST Correction Options) to on or automatically detect. If players do the same, the game entry (here) (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2078) should list accurately. (Note: the calendar at this link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/gamecalendar/dashboard.php) won't list it correctly--"All times are in GMT 0:00 time", as it says at the top right of the screen.)

Wisewind, I'm on now but I don't see anyone and I also can't find the password to "AL Wisewinds Table".

Finally, what's your server alias? I'm not seeing that anywhere. Helpful information to include on the calendar entry.

sinsa
July 11th, 2016, 03:17
I just signed up and looks like am on the waitlist.

I think it's best that you just think of me as a wizard for the time being. Or a sorcerer or even a warlock. It doesn't matter to me what you think I am for I will morph into a butterfly of bones and carnage and.., George?

**goes back to petting something small furry and unmoving**

sinsa
July 11th, 2016, 03:28
That sucks, I read the times and calendar wrong. Oh well hope y'all made it
'

Wisewind
July 11th, 2016, 18:47
I have already done that Hector.
The alias and password was posted earlier in this thread, but I should have posted it on the summary in the beginning, sorry about that.

Hector Trelane
July 11th, 2016, 20:34
I have already done that Hector.
The alias and password was posted earlier in this thread, but I should have posted it on the summary in the beginning, sorry about that.

Reschedule for another time? Plenty of players interested.

Wisewind
July 11th, 2016, 21:08
We started with 6 players after a while. You would have been the 7th and final Hector, so the adventure has already started.

Wisewind
July 15th, 2016, 14:56
Sorry for the late update.
Same time tomorrow.
See you all then.

Wisewind
July 16th, 2016, 11:58
Soo... a sorcerer, a wizard and a paladin went into a cave...
Well, todays session ended in a TPK.

Lets see what we can work out in the future, still undecided :)
Thank you all for playing.

damned
July 16th, 2016, 12:34
So with three you might have room for another one or two?
Death is best seen as an opportunity to try a different class :)

Wisewind
July 16th, 2016, 13:29
Maybe, well see if we continue the same adventure in the future, restart with new characters or just go homebrew instead.

Wisewind
July 16th, 2016, 16:56
So... I just started working on a homebrew game.
Just need to work out how to properly write it in fantasy grounds and to draw a few maps :)

Hughwer
July 17th, 2016, 16:45
Sweet. I cant wait to see what you come up with:)

Maxflight
July 28th, 2016, 04:24
When you get that homebrew set up, if you're needing another player, I'd certainly be interested. I'm new to any edition newer than 2nd and to FG in general, but I'm willing and able to learn quick.