PDA

View Full Version : Favorite 3PP Companies

Nickademus
July 1st, 2016, 00:07
I'm curious what people's Top 5 List of third-party companies for D&D 5e and Pathfinder adventures and accessories are. I'm still debating but here are some contenders:

Rite Publishing
Raging Swan Press
Necromancer
Kobold Press
Purple Duck Games
Frog God Games
Dreamscarred Press

I also just recently heard about these companies and probably should look into them more:

Sasquatch Games (Primeval Thule)
Adventure A Week
Legendary Games

So what are you guy's favorite companies to buy stuff from for 5e and PF?

NotRussellCrowe
July 1st, 2016, 00:40
Hi, Nickademus!

Obviously I do love Primeval Thule so got to pick Sasquatch Game Studios. Green Ronin did a great job with SCAG and Out of the Abyss and is working on The Book of the Righteous for 5e which looks amazing. I also just found out about Frog God Game's Bard's Gate coming out for 5e and would like to check it out.

Nylanfs
July 1st, 2016, 01:09
I'm partial to Rite Publishing. But then Dave Paul that has been doing the 101 terrain spellbooks is in my game group, he is also Steve's primary editor.

damned
July 1st, 2016, 02:40
0One Games.

Nickademus
July 1st, 2016, 03:24
0One Games.

Oh yeah. I forgot I had a FG adventure and some maps by them.

Ken L
July 1st, 2016, 22:10
Fgg

Zacchaeus
July 1st, 2016, 22:17
Of course you'll say I'm biased but Legendary Games have done some cracking adventures.

Nickademus
July 27th, 2016, 22:56
Speaking of Legendary Games, I'm curious about this product line: Legendary Planet. I'm not that familiar with sword and planet, but it looks interesting. Though that is a genre that I believe would have to be done well to not turn out very poorly or cheesy. Anyone played around with Legendary Planet and can give a review of the quality of LG's use of the genre?

Nickademus
August 1st, 2016, 22:45
Alright, so my current Top 10 of 3rd-Party companies would something like this:

1. Raging Swan Press
2. Frog God Games (absorbed Necromancer)
3. Legendary Games
4. Adventure-A-Week
5. Kobold Press
6. Rite Publishing
7. (tie) Purple Duck Games/Green Ronin
8. Dreamscarred Press
9. Total Party Kill Games
10. (tie) Sasquatch Games/0one Games

With an honorable mention of Four Dollar Dungeons, and a note to watch Alea Publishing Group.

Talyn
August 1st, 2016, 23:14
I've just recently picked up a handful of third-party dealies. Some stuff from Frog God in particular. They sure write some massive tomes. Seems really good and high-quality content but I'm a little iffy on their reliance on black-and-white artwork. Especially for a VTT translation where we're all actually staring at pixels. Although it would be hilarious if people made up B&W portraits, tokens and maps...

Nickademus
August 2nd, 2016, 00:08
B&W art is necessary for some products, especially big ones, to keep the price of art assets manageable. I would always prefer color art, but if that means the product is too expensive to make.... I would rather a product with black and white than no product at all.

Seya
August 2nd, 2016, 01:13
I have ran the crowsrest adventure line from adventureaweek and I have the legendary planet line also just waiting to run it. Crowsrest is amazing. And the legendary planetlooks like a lot of fun