PDA

View Full Version : Looking for group D&D 5E

Zig404
June 30th, 2016, 00:19
I'm mostly new to D&D, but I do have an ok grasp of the rules. I'd prefer to play Druid or warlock, but I am down to mix it up for the sake of the overall group. Can play any day after 4pm central time

damned
June 30th, 2016, 06:08
Welcome Zig404 - dont be upset that much of this is cut and paste from an earlier post :)

Just like in a real life tabletop group you have to look for games and people that have similar interests and availability as you.
Locate the Looking For Game forum and browse all the recent game advertisements for the last 2 weeks and see if any look like they might be a match.
Post on those threads that look interesting to you and introduce yourself and anything else that you think might help you find a home.
Also look at the one shots that are advertised - even if they are not the system you were planning t o play - you will meet gamers and GMs and this will lead to more opportunities and you might find some systems and genres that rock that you wouldnt have played otherwise.
Edit your Timezone here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions so that the Calendar shows correctly for you.
If you visit the forum regularly and do the above you will find games and a group.
There is also an AL calendar - details in the Adventurers League subforum - which you should check out.