PDA

View Full Version : LFG - New Player

Kieran Redhead
June 29th, 2016, 14:57
Hey I'm a new player here and would love to find a nice simple game to get started with. DM needed as I just want to test the waters and learn how to play proficiently. If there is anyone willing to help that will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Kieran

PS. My availability is mostly during the day GMT as I work evenings typically. Also I'm from England so that might be a factor also. And I don't have Team Speak if that will be another issue (Sorry).

JerryRig
June 29th, 2016, 19:40
the Team Speak program information for Fantasy Grounds (FG) can be found HERE (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server)

Many of the GM's playing here use it for running their games but you might get abnormally lucky to find one without it as a requirement for voice.

Anyhow welcome to FG and I hope you make some great memories.

Jerric
June 29th, 2016, 22:38
TeamSpeak is a fairly simple download and it doesn't take much to run it. As broadband goes, mine is very slow but I don't seem to have any trouble running TeamSpeak and FG simultaneously.

It would definitely be a lot easier finding a game with it. I'm relatively new to FG myself but from my experiences so far I would say it is a critical component to running a successful game.

Kieran Redhead
June 29th, 2016, 23:32
Just had an amazing one-shot and managed to get TS to work. But thank you both for the kind words.