PDA

View Full Version : Newbie...

Kieran Redhead
June 29th, 2016, 12:32
Basically I am looking for help with every aspect of the game. From creating characters, to playing a game to working the Fantasy Grounds system. If anyone is willing to help I will be greatly appreciative of it.

Thank you,
Kieran

dulux-oz
June 29th, 2016, 12:40
Hi Kieran, and Welcome!

If you haven't done so already, let me encourage you to take a look at some of the great Tutorial Videos available on the Fantasy Grounds Wiki (and on YouTube). Damn's are good, as are Xorn's, and people seem to like mine as well (mine are also available from the links in my sig, below).

Start with the ones on the CoreRPG, because the CoreRPG forms the foundation of just about all the RPGs we play with Fantasy Grounds - so by learning how to use FG with the CoreRPG you'll learn about 80% of what you'll need to know to play any RPG with Fantasy Grounds. Once you've gone through the CoreRPG Videos you can then go on to Videos about your chosen RPG.

When you get familiar with the basic Fantasy Grounds product the next step is to check out some of the Extensions (Plug-Ins) for FG, such as the DOE Sound, Locations, Weather and Organisations Extensions (to name a but a few).

And keep on asking questions - we're a pretty friendly lot here, and we love answering questions.

Cheers

Kieran Redhead
June 29th, 2016, 12:42
Good to hear and I'll get right on with watching them :D

And I'm glad you mentioned sound I found it odd that it didnt come with any. How do I go about getting sound?

dulux-oz
June 29th, 2016, 13:12
And I'm glad you mentioned sound I found it odd that it didnt come with any. How do I go about getting sound?

One of the Extensions (Plug-Ins) that I wrote recently leverages a sound program called Syrinscape and integrates it with FG (Fantasy Grounds). You can find most of the Extensions by checking out either the FG Wiki page and/or the Extensions sub-Forum of the Armour Forum. However, let me also advise you that while Extensions enhance and extend the basic functionality of FG, as a newbie your best best is to leave the Extensions for the moment until you've got a good grip on the basic FG product (the CoreRPG) and your chosen RPG(s) (known as Rulesets) before tackling Extensions - believe me, there's a lot to learn to get the most out of the basic FG product, and the Extensions, especially the DOEs (my Extensions) can be quite complex - useful once you learn them, but complex never the less :)

Kieran Redhead
June 29th, 2016, 13:24
Im currently watching a 'How To' on making a character but thank you very much for the help. But after I have gotten up to speed how do I find a game?

dulux-oz
June 29th, 2016, 14:07
Post a message in the LFG forum. Give you preferred day(s), time(s) and your location, plus which RPG(s) you are interested in. Also check the game calander. be patient, and keep an eye out of GMs advertising for players - it might take you a few days or even a few weeks to find a game that you're comfortable with and which suits you requirments - but hang in there, you will find a game sooner or later.

Kieran Redhead
June 29th, 2016, 14:52
Thanks for all your help.