PDA

View Full Version : New player lookingfor one-shots, gmt+2

Mori
June 28th, 2016, 21:14
Hi... so, uhm... I'm just gonna be jumping right into this.

I'm a new player and I'm interested in being in some different games. I participated in FGdaze as kind of a way to get into playing again and it was great! I ended up playing 3 games in one day, which was a really great experience, but more important gave me a good feel for the combat-rules.

My primary interest is roleplay, though I'm up for doing some battle in the beginning so I can get experienced in rolls/not ask noob questions all the time. My background is Larp, besides very minor p&p-experience. I am an improviser. Often getting initiating conversations and taking strolls. I'm not apologetic about it, but on the other hand I could imagine it would clash with more rule-tight plot DMing.

I plan to DM myself at some point, and maybe make a podcast out of it, in which I kinda wanna expand on this philosophy. To use combat as the example: I don't hate it. I just will make it a vehicle of the players interaction. When I play I tend to describe very vividly how I succeed, or is more the case; fail, at something and I will actually often chose the option that is to my own detriment. This is something I will encourage my own players, and hope a good DM will encourage me, to do.

Lastly, I don't expect to join any campaigns right away. I'm looking for one-shots and if we like each other after a while you'll maybe let me play with your children.

Happy gaming.

/Mori

Mori
June 28th, 2016, 22:47
relevant. ignore spec. char. refs.

For your question: I played a bounty-hunter and some rouge-thing in my last two games. Apparently I have a thing for crossbolts :bandit:

I am up for whatever, though. Usually I'm good at playing antagonizing characters, because I think conflict breeds rp, so out of the choices the gnome looks most interesting - simply because snarky smartmouth doesn't seems to fit a monk or the elf (arrogance sass is boring)

It's all about personality for me, though. Maybe tell me what you're looking for and I can adapt?

Ps. I really look forward if I'm introduced as a NPC, maybe being their guide to some plot? Something goes array, leaving joining them my better option?

Hector Trelane
June 28th, 2016, 23:04
Mori played in my Deadlands Noir game and did a fine job RPing. He'll be a fine addition to any group!

Mori
July 2nd, 2016, 08:27
Ah... dear old Ambrose... he will be missed.
(& thanks, Mr. Trelane!)

Here's my game-CV: (not counting my pre-daze experience)
(updated as I play new stuff)

FGDaze:
Ambrose Kane\Dutiful Patrol officer\Deadlands Noir\A Bad Night at the Office
Heinrich Kern\Roofjumping Bounty Hunter\Savage Worlds Warhammer\Night of Blood
Braegir Underbough\Rouge halfling cliché\D&D5E\Lost Mines of Phandelin

One-shots:
Heinrich Kern\Bounty Hunter\Savage Worlds Warhammer\The Affair of the Hidden Jewel

Campaigns:
Fagdar 'Eyes' Dustburg\Cityguard Sgt. Ranger\D&D5E\Lost Power Of The Realms II
Vilitreo 'Vil' Deunqar Morcane\Acrobat/Monk\Pathfinder\Vengeance of House Morcane II
Feighar&Tooth\Stoic Druid & Ferocious Badger\3.5\Return to temple of Elemental Evil I

Finished:
Thormund Fellstone\Dwarven Weaponmaster\4E\Scales of War: Tales of Brindol II
Zook\Eldritch Knight\5E\Princes of the Apocalypse

Mori
July 2nd, 2016, 08:39
Does anyone wanna play with this guy?

"I was a sell-sword for hire when I came in the employ of the rising sun merchant guild at the peak of the guild wars. I soon got the trust of my superior officer, a man named arrow, who let me in on a deal with one of the other guilds boss - kidnapping my current employers daughter. I refused and in response they kidnapped my betrothed at the time and demanded the young girl in exchange for her return. When I came to the exchange-spot empty-handed safe for my trusted weapons they cut her throat right in front of me.

I charged and suffered many lives to the sisters before they turned to flee. before he did so Arrow taunted me that I didn't know with whom I where dealing, and sure enough: later that night I was put before a blackrobe and before I knew it I was before the lords themselves - being charged for my wife's murder. It was then I knew arrows words weren't just bragging, and that his boss, the man who murdered my wife was a masked lord of Waterdeep.

They exiled me, lacking a body to sustain their claim, and I've been plotting revenge ever since"

-Handfahr, 43, chaotic neutral

Mori
July 5th, 2016, 12:37
New char added.

10 hour-session yesterday. Daymn.