PDA

View Full Version : Complete SRD Ruleset Fixes

Thore_Ironrock
August 14th, 2005, 23:06
Greetings All,

I thought I would start a new thread on this, since we've found a few more minor problems. Thanks again to Keith (B'naa) for his help in finding them. It seems that we put just too damn much info in this darn thing to catch all the goofs .... sigh ... :oops:

All of the fixes can now be found in:

https://www.digitaladventures.net/rpg/SRD_fixes.zip

If you just want the latest fix (which is related to the spellist), get:

https://www.digitaladventures.net/rpg/spelllists.zip

If anyone has any questions please let me know.

Regards,

Thore_Ironrock
August 15th, 2005, 22:18
Sigh ... more fixes guys. Thankfully they are minor, and thanks again to B'naa for this help.

However, what I'm going to do now is just put out one zip file for the fixes, and send them immeditately to RPGNow so they can upload the fixed product.

Going forward all of the fixes will be in this file:

And if you purchased the product you will get an email from me each time there is a fix. Just copy and paste the update to your DATABASE directory.

Any more issues send them along. I'll be gone for Gen Con, so anything after tomorrow will have to wait a week. ;)

Regards,

Thore_Ironrock
August 24th, 2005, 23:31
Hey Folks,

Back from Gen Con, and swamped. However, I will have a new set of minor updates for THE COMPLETE SRD RULESET by the end of the week. Please stay tuned to this thread for more information.

Regards,

greyyone
August 25th, 2005, 00:00
Hi
I just bought your SRD and installed it. Also installed your srd patch. I am missing the cleric domains. I unzipped the SRD_fixes into the right directories. I even saw that it overwrote the previous files. I have the spelllists_domains.xml in the database directory so not sure if cleric domains are under that file or if I am just missing something. The cleric domains come up as blank.

Thore_Ironrock
August 25th, 2005, 00:12
Hi
I just bought your SRD and installed it. Also installed your srd patch. I am missing the cleric domains. I unzipped the SRD_fixes into the right directories. I even saw that it overwrote the previous files. I have the spelllists_domains.xml in the database directory so not sure if cleric domains are under that file or if I am just missing something. The cleric domains come up as blank.

greyyone,

Make sure that when you unzipped things something didn't get put into a folder by mistake. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure we had all of the cleric spell issues fixed. If you have to, delete everything and start from scratch just to be sure.

Again, we will have another update in a few days. If your problem isn't resolved by then let me know.

Regards,

greyyone
August 25th, 2005, 00:32
Hmm, Ok deleted the srd20 and reinstalled. Now when I installed the patch again there was two spelllists.xml. One made on aug 14th and one made on aug 15th. I tried both and still am missing cleric domain spells via the classes/cleric/domain path. Now if I go Spells/Spell Descriptions/Cleric domains then they come up just perfect. So they are in there somewhere just the classes/cleric/domain path is not working quite right or something.

I am loving playing around with this. Ok but another problem I have encountered. When I go to Spells/Spell Descriptions/Divine Spell List I get description not available. This in itself is nothing major because the links work to the spells, just thought I would bring it to your attention.

Thore_Ironrock
August 25th, 2005, 01:26
Hmm, Ok deleted the srd20 and reinstalled. Now when I installed the patch again there was two spelllists.xml. One made on aug 14th and one made on aug 15th. I tried both and still am missing cleric domain spells via the classes/cleric/domain path. Now if I go Spells/Spell Descriptions/Cleric domains then they come up just perfect. So they are in there somewhere just the classes/cleric/domain path is not working quite right or something.

I am loving playing around with this. Ok but another problem I have encountered. When I go to Spells/Spell Descriptions/Divine Spell List I get description not available. This in itself is nothing major because the links work to the spells, just thought I would bring it to your attention.

greyyone,

Can you give me a specific example? Please include detail down to which links you are clicking. If you want to email me off the forum do so at [email protected]..

In the meantime I will update the fix files tonight with some preliminary fixes we have, and will email all of my purchasers that a new fix file is available.

Sorry for the troubles.

greyyone
August 25th, 2005, 01:35
Now if I go Spells/Spell Descriptions/Cleric domains then they come up just perfect. So they are in there somewhere just the classes/cleric/domain path is not working quite right or something.

In bold is the exact method of how I accessed them. No rush on the fixes. These are relatively minor and I am just bringing them to your attention. Hopefully it's not something I am doing wrong :oops:

Thore_Ironrock
August 25th, 2005, 01:42
Now if I go Spells/Spell Descriptions/Cleric domains then they come up just perfect. So they are in there somewhere just the classes/cleric/domain path is not working quite right or something.

In bold is the exact method of how I accessed them. No rush on the fixes. These are relatively minor and I am just bringing them to your attention. Hopefully it's not something I am doing wrong :oops:

Ah ... I see it now. Thanks greyyone. Sorry for the confusion, it's been a long day.

I will get the code elves on this right away.

Regards,

Zane_Marlowe
August 25th, 2005, 02:59
Just a quick note, where you see "Description Unavailable," that's because those spells (divine and epic spells if I recall) did not have short descriptions included in the SRD, and I wasn't about to 1) get them from published works that might not be under the OGL, or 2) commit myself to the amount of research and data entry that would have included since I don't have the D&D books in question. So I put in "description unavailable" to cover those, and also put a notice in the credits and legal section I believe (I'll have to go back and check).

Thore_Ironrock
August 26th, 2005, 00:04
I've compiled a new round of fixes to catch some of the minor issues we've been having lately. You can download the new files (there are five) at the same link we've been using:

greyyone, this includes a fix for the issue you pointed out with the clerical spell links. 8)

Thanks again to all who have been helping with finding the little things we've missed. Both Ben and I greatly appreciate everyone's overwhelming response, and the positive praise of the product.

We may have another small update over the weekend.

Regards,

Thore_Ironrock
August 26th, 2005, 03:22
Hi again folks! :)

Ben just sent me a few more updates, so I have an updated file for everyone to download again. Sorry for the inconvenience. If anyone has any questions please let me know.

Thanks everyone! :D :D

Stuart
August 26th, 2005, 15:45
Subject: RE: Complete SRD Updates - 8/25/2005
This from Kevin :
Something appears to be wrong with file downloads from my site. I'm not
sure why at the moment. Since I'm webmaster over at Studio 2 I've uploaded it to their site and it seems to work fine. The file only seems to get corrupted when you download it from my DA host, so I'll have to call my host and see what the story is.
The link is:
https://www.studio2publishing.com/SRD_fixes.zip

And it works fine (Stuart)

Thore_Ironrock
August 26th, 2005, 23:22
Thanks Stuart!

Apparently the folder I had the file in was corrupted on the server, so anything I put in it became corrupted. I've relocated the file for now, and I'll leave the one up on Studio 2's site until the next update. For now you can download the 8-25 update from either link:

https://www.digitaladventures.net/SRD_fixes.zip

or

https://www.studio2publishing.com/SRD_fixes.zip

Thanks again to Stuart for his help, since I can't reach the forums from my day job.

Regards,

Norbius
August 27th, 2005, 00:01
Thx, i try it :)

richvalle
August 31st, 2005, 22:05
Thore,

Any idea if d20-srd is compatable as is with 1.05?

rv

Thore_Ironrock
August 31st, 2005, 23:16
Geez Rich .. I just got home! :D

Well, while I didn't ask Ville this directly at the show, I would think that if it isn't he would have said something to me.

I will run some tests tonight, but I can't see why it wouldn't be fine. In the meantime, if anyone sees anything please let me know.

Regards,

Thore_Ironrock
September 1st, 2005, 01:21
Any idea if d20-srd is compatable as is with 1.05?

Well, I ran a few tests and everything seems to work fine. Remember, the ruleset is just data, and many of the changes in this patch were map and image related.

I will have to test the custom ruleset option at some point, but I really don't see an issue. Again, if someone finds something please email me ASAP.

... now if you'll excuse me, I have to get my Sept release done. 8)

Regards,

net924
November 20th, 2005, 17:38
Hi

so how does that differ from before?:?

Thore_Ironrock
November 20th, 2005, 20:08
so how does that differ from before?:?

I don't understand your question here?

richvalle
November 20th, 2005, 23:59
Well, thats 3 posts he has made and 3 times he was not understood.

rv

gurney9999
November 21st, 2005, 04:18
I think it is a bot of some sort... it always does a quote from a previous post but the text in the post has nothing to do with the quote.

Dupre
November 21st, 2005, 21:55
Well, thats 3 posts he has made and 3 times he was not understood.

I think it is a bot of some sort...

Thanks for the heads up.

kepli
November 25th, 2005, 10:53
Seems this is al handled very efficiently ... nice work Thore and the others.

looped
November 26th, 2005, 16:30
So this is something that you update your FG with? Or is it added to the current version?

richvalle
November 26th, 2005, 16:58
It is something you add on into FG. When you do, you'll have two options when starting a new campaign: the default ruleset and the d20-srd one.

rv

festivus
December 9th, 2005, 15:14
I have to say this is a really nice add on for FG. I am still a bit puzzled as to if I need to patch or not. How can I tell which edition of the d20-SRD add on I am using?

I never patched it, but I also just bought it 3 days ago (wasn't sure if the download already contains the patch is another way to phrase this).

richvalle
December 9th, 2005, 15:36
I have to say this is a really nice add on for FG. I am still a bit puzzled as to if I need to patch or not. How can I tell which edition of the d20-SRD add on I am using?

I never patched it, but I also just bought it 3 days ago (wasn't sure if the download already contains the patch is another way to phrase this).

The one you downloaded should be upto date. If any changes are made you will get an email with a link to download the new 'version'.

rv

Thore_Ironrock
December 9th, 2005, 22:07
Awk! I keep forgetting to alter that post ...

Yes ... the patch was only for the first 20 or so customers, since we had some linking problems in the beginning.

Thanks Rich! I should have have you do all my press releases. :D

... speaking of which ... look for one from me this weekend!

richvalle
December 23rd, 2005, 14:17
Thore,

I seem to be missing the 'Kolyarut' from the Monsters list. I see the Marut and Zelekhut (the other Inevitables). I've looked under 'K' and 'I'.

rv

richvalle
December 23rd, 2005, 16:27
It took a while, but I entered it into FG xml. I'll cut and paste it below and anyone that would like the critter could cut and paste it into their monsters.xlm. Any errors inclued are mine and not Thores.

The formating is not exaclty the same... I didn't mess around with italics

Thore, l think its cool to post this here... let me know if its not and I'll remove it.

<node name="Kolyarut">
<stringvalue name="name" value="Kolyarut (Extraplanar, Lawful)" />
<stringvalue name="type" value="Medium Construct" />
<stringvalue name="hd" value="13d10+20" />
<stringvalue name="speed" value="20 ft. in banded mail (4 squares); base speed 30 ft." />
<stringvalue name="ac" value="27 (+1 Dex, +10 natural, +6 banded mail), touch 11, flat-footed 26" />
<stringvalue name="babgrp" value="+9/+11" />
<stringvalue name="atk" value="Vampiric touch +11 melee touch (5d6) or enervation ray +10 ranged touch (as spell) or +2 longsword +13 melee (1d8+5/19-20) or slam +11 melee (1d6+3)" />
<stringvalue name="fullatk" value="Vampiric touch +11/+6 melee touch (5d6) or enervation ray +10 ranged touch (as spell) or +2 longsword +13/+8 melee (1d8+5/19-20) or slam +11/+6 melee (1d6+3)" />
<stringvalue name="spacereach" value="5 ft./5 ft." />
<stringvalue name="specialattacks" value="enervation ray, spell-like abilities, vampiric touch" />
<stringvalue name="specialqualities" value="Construct traits, damage reduction 15/chaotic, darkvision 60 ft., fast healing 5, low-light vision, spell resistance 22" />
<stringvalue name="skills" value="Diplomacy +5, Disguise +12, Gather Information +12, Listen +11, Search +5, Sense Motive +12, Spot +11, Survival +3 (+5 following tracks)" />
<stringvalue name="feats" value="Alertness, Combat Casting, Great Fortitude, Lightning Reflexes, Quickened Spell-Like Ability (suggestion)" />
<stringvalue name="environment" value="A lawful-aligned plane" />
<stringvalue name="organization" value="Solitary" />
<stringvalue name="treasure" value="None" />
<stringvalue name="alignment" value="Always lawful neutral" />
<stringvalue name="advancement" value="14-22 HD (Medium); 23-38 HD (Large)" />
<stringvalue name="leveladjustment" value="-" />
<intvalue name="strength" value="14" />
<intvalue name="dexterity" value="13" />
<intvalue name="constitution" value="" />
<intvalue name="intelligence" value="10" />
<intvalue name="wisdom" value="17" />
<intvalue name="charisma" value="16" />
<intvalue name="fortitudesave" value="6" />
<intvalue name="reflexsave" value="7" />
<intvalue name="willsave" value="7" />
<intvalue name="hp" value="112" />
<intvalue name="init" value="1" />
<intvalue name="cr" value="12" />
<formattedtext name="text">
<p><b>Kolyarut</b></p><p>Kolyaruts mete out punishment to those who break bargains and oaths.</p><p>Before beginning a mission against a deal-breaker, a kolyarut learns as much about the contract or oath as possible. It’s not interested in those who break deals accidentally or against their will— only those who willingly break contracts violate the principle that kolyaruts are created to uphold. If a written contract was broken, the kolyarut typically carries a copy of the contract with it.</p><p>Kolyaruts are the most talkative of the inevitables, making credible attempts at social niceties such as proper greetings before getting down to the matter at hand. They can use disguise self to appear as almost any kind of humanoid—useful if they need to go undercover to catch their quarry.</p><p><b>Combat</b></p><p>Like all inevitables, a kolyarut is patient enough to study a target before striking. It has a good idea of the deal-breaker’s abilities and defenses before it enters battle. When it fights, it tries to get the conflict over as soon as possible, minimizing excess bloodshed and mayhem. It doesn’t let concern for innocents delay or endanger its mission, however.</p><p>A kolyaruts favorite tactic is to use invisibility or disguise self to sneak close, then eliminate the quarry with its vampiric touch ability before it can react. A kolyarut has no compunctions about using its vampiric touch ability on allies to increase its own power, if doing so helps it complete its mission.</p><p>A kolyaruts natural weapons, as well as any weapons it wields, are treated as lawful-aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.</p><p><b>Enervation Ray (Su)</b></p><p><p>A kolyarut can fire a black enervation ray at targets within 200 feet. The effect is identical with the enervation spell (caster level 13th). </p><p><b>Spell-Like Abilities</b></p>
<p>At will discern lies (DC 17), disguise self, fear (DC 17), hold person (DC 16), invisibility, locate creature, suggestion (DC 16); 1/day hold monster (DC 17), mark of justice; 1/week geas/quest. Caster level 13th. The save DCs are Charisma-based. </p>
<p><b>Vampiric Touch (Su)</b></p><p>As a melee touch attack, a kolyarut can steal life force from its foe, as the vampiric touch spell (caster level 13th). </p><p><b>Skills</b></p><p>A kolyarut has a +4 racial bonus on Disguise, Gather Information, and Sense Motive checks.</p>
</p>
</formattedtext>
</node>

Thore_Ironrock
December 24th, 2005, 20:02
Hi Rich,

Mmmm ... oops!

We ripped most of the code for the CSRD from a database, which must have been missing this entry. I'll double-check your entry and get it in a new build, plus put it up for download off my website.

Thank you sir!

richvalle
December 25th, 2005, 01:46
No worries. Since no one noticed it by now it was not a major oversight. :)

Merry Christmas!

rv

Serpent
January 18th, 2006, 01:30
links dont work

Thore_Ironrock
January 18th, 2006, 01:51
links dont work

Can you be more specific?

Porkrind
January 28th, 2006, 20:19
Can you be more specific?

I think what he means is that the download links for the update that you specified do not work. I just tried the Digital Adventures link as well as the mirror, and both give a "requested URL /rpg/SRD_fixes.zip was not found on this server" message.

Porkrind

Thore_Ironrock
January 28th, 2006, 22:49
I think what he means is that the download links for the update that you specified do not work. I just tried the Digital Adventures link as well as the mirror, and both give a "requested URL /rpg/SRD_fixes.zip was not found on this server" message.

Porkrind

The update is unneeded if you bought the ruleset after my first few purchases, which was sometime back in August. The changes were integrated into the current download.

:)

ShaneB
March 16th, 2006, 11:30
I just installed the purchased ruleset into 1.05 Lite and it crashes when I try to use that ruleset.

ShaneB
March 16th, 2006, 11:32
ignore that last post, it helps when you install it correctly :)