PDA

View Full Version : Is there is a list/chart for this

Monkn
June 27th, 2016, 01:34
So i am trying to write up effects and ability's for the class's I play. But I am having a hard time on finding something that can give me a nuge in the right direction. If there is something out there please please let me know.

Thank you

Hecklerus Prime
June 27th, 2016, 01:42
Do you mean for use as Effects within the game? There is a huge list of examples on the 5e Effects (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects) page in the wiki.

Monkn
June 27th, 2016, 01:47
Kinda.

I am trying to set up the rogue sneak attack and the paladins smite attack.

damned
June 27th, 2016, 02:00
You would want this link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27296-Guides-videos-and-other-helpful-information
to the Complete XYZ Packages

Monkn
June 27th, 2016, 02:13
I have been to alot of the links there. Still no luck in showing me how this is written up.

damned
June 27th, 2016, 02:38
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24343-Question-about-Sneak-Attack-and-Divine-Smite

Hecklerus Prime
June 27th, 2016, 02:40
Sneak Attack; DMG: Xd6; [ROLL]; [SELF]
Divine Smite; DMG: Xd8 radiant; [ROLL]; [SELF]

This will automatically be removed from the character the next time a damage die is rolled. Make sure to change the "X" to match the current level.

Monkn
June 27th, 2016, 02:47
Thank you so much Hecklerus Prime

I have added them but when I roll the dmg the extra dmg is not rolled. Now could this be that I am in the character creation section and not in a campaign?

Nickademus
June 27th, 2016, 03:00
You need to have the character in the Combat Tracker for effects to work. I don't remember if the character creation section has access to a Combat Tracker. I stopped using it long ago (for this reason maybe).

Monkn
June 27th, 2016, 03:06
Ok thank you so much....that does make sense

Hecklerus Prime
June 27th, 2016, 03:21
This is assuming you don't have a full license, so stop reading now if that doesn't apply. I may be mistaken, but I think even with the basic license you can open the mini-campaign module that comes with Fantasy Grounds. It'll be a bit of a workaround, but if you can get that open and import your character you should have access to the CT for testing. This is what I did many years ago before I decided to purchase the program. With that in mind, stuff may be way different now and I could just be talking out of my a**.

Monkn
June 27th, 2016, 03:30
So I have a full license but when i go to load campaign there is not a 5e one. Wonder if I can get a sample one somehow?

damned
June 27th, 2016, 03:31
Create Campaign and select 5e.

Monkn
June 27th, 2016, 03:34
Ok found how to start a campaign now to learn how to import my character to it so I can test it out

TMO
June 27th, 2016, 05:18
Let us know if it works! :)

Monkn
June 27th, 2016, 05:27
Yeah I got the "test" campaign set up so I can try things out. But still working on how to import my characters that I have made. Also TMO we starting up soon.......or did it die?

TMO
June 27th, 2016, 05:35
Die??? I promised that would never happen. We are still on for resuming July 10. It would have been July 3, but we predicted there would be too many regulars out of town for an extended weekend. I just got settled in Mountain View with Jordan this week. He starts his new job tomorrow and I start my onsite contract work tomorrow as well. So, I was just planning on getting settled in for a few days and then I'll start sending out the reminders and roll call emails.

Monkn
June 27th, 2016, 05:36
Sweeeet