PDA

View Full Version : Tab View for Players - CoreRPG

damned
June 26th, 2016, 07:45
I tried to add Tabs for the Player view for Rolls for the MoreCore ruleset.
At the moment if the GM creates a module of rolls with tabs and shares to players the players get all the rolls in the one screen.

I can create a new categories template without the highlighted line and call it categories_all and use the template in the Rolls window and the players now get a single tab containing all the rolls.

<template name="categories">
<categoryselectioncontrol>
<anchored>
<top anchor="bottom" offset="-39" />
<left offset="24" />
<bottom offset="-1" />
</anchored>
<gmvisibleonly />
</categoryselectioncontrol>
</template>

Suspect then that it is the categoryselectioncontrol template that is also GM only... but this appears to be an internal template that cant be accessed?

<!-- Built-in FG menus - categoryselectioncontrol -->

Nickademus
June 26th, 2016, 18:19
I brought this up a while back and JPG said it would be a hard fix.

damned
June 26th, 2016, 23:50
Thanks Nickademus. I missed your previous thread but thats what it is looking like to me...
Did you have a specific use case and how did you solve that?
For me its a MoreCore data type and when I created all the rolls/moves for the Character Classes the player view is not very friendly/usable as there are a couple of hundred entries in one list with nothing to say Cleric Class Move vs Basic Move vs Advanced Move unless I add those descriptors to the name...

damned
June 27th, 2016, 00:37
Ahhh I just found this in the 3.2.0 thread:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?32034-Test-Release-v3-2-0&p=274947&viewfull=1#post274947

Also, after discussion, I wanted to note that we have decided not to propagate the category information from the GM to the players. We have some concerns about inadvertent sharing of information through exposure of the category information, especially in adventure modules. However, any categories from modules locally loaded by a player will retain their category information. So, this only affects records specifically shared by the GM to a player.

Nickademus
June 27th, 2016, 01:28
That's one post, and a good point.

damned
June 27th, 2016, 01:39
The locally loaded module does show tab on the player side but it does mean you have to share the module to them outside the game.

Nickademus
June 27th, 2016, 01:49
Here is the thought (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23022-A-Humble-Request&p=215077&viewfull=1#post215077) I was referring to.