PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Saturday Play Group

DGibbz
June 26th, 2016, 04:22
FG License: Players need at least lite
Game System: 5E

Time Zone: Pacific
Day of week and time: Saturdays around 1600 (however if I can get a group tonight we can run a late game)
If new game, planned start date: June 25th if we can gain enough interest tonight. Otherwise July 2nd
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: Working through a campaign, possibility of more afterwards

Text or Voice: Mix of both, Voice primary
Voice software used: Teamspeak

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50,
Number of Players in game & needed: Need 4 more
Character starting level & equipment: Level 1 starting characters
Character restrictions: PHB

Details of your scenario: I'm a brand new GM who loves to play, but got sick of trying to find groups or being in groups that fell apart easily, so we're going to be running both parts 1 and 2 of Tyranny of Dragons. The characters will start in episode 1 of Dragon Queen all the way through the end of Rise of Tiamat. i'm looking for a group of guys who will RP, no minmax or metagame. Just be there for a good *Fun* time.

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2069

usasgt14
June 26th, 2016, 04:24
Game calendar?

DGibbz
June 26th, 2016, 04:29
updated with the game calendar

damned
June 26th, 2016, 05:00
I'm a brand new GM who loves to play, but got sick of trying to find groups or being in groups that fell apart easily, so we're going to be running both parts 1 and 2 of Tyranny of Dragons. The characters will start in episode 1 of Dragon Queen all the way through the end of Rise of Tiamat. i'm looking for a group of guys who will RP, no minmax or metagame. Just be there for a good *Fun* time.

Well done and welcome DGibbz. You will often find a high attrition rate early on with a bunch of new players. It does drop off over time if you stick with it but it can be a grind.
One thing I found that helped was when I replaced a player I gave the new player the existing character for the first week at least. If they wanted to change it after 2 sessions they could. It cut down on my work and most of the time they stayed playing the new character.
Make sure you let players know what you expect in terms of attendance and communication. Eg: Confirm with me via email at least one day before every session that you will or wont be there. If you miss two sessions without telling me Ill recruit someone in your place. I expect you to make at least 3 out of every 4 games on average.
Keep running a game that is enjoyable to you and keep recruitment open so that you can fill any spots that become vacant. If you have someone really keen to join and you have a player who is away this week - invite them to sub and run the character. You get to feel each other out and if that missing player doesnt show again... the show rolls on.

It definitely gets better if you can stick it thru the early days - or you get lucky with your group!

DGibbz
June 26th, 2016, 05:10
I appreciate the advice man! One of the biggest hassles of being a player, is finding a good fit for group. Especially online gaming, it gets pretty flakey pretty quickly. I understand life happens, but at least as a DM we can make the stick if we want. I appreciate that advice and I'll be sure to take it to heart. i'm looking forward to getting some players and see where their story takes this campaign!

Jerric
June 26th, 2016, 15:06
Count me in please.

Hook
June 26th, 2016, 15:44
I'm signed up and looking forward to meeting everyone Saturday :)

I have a TS server if you need one to use.

DGibbz
June 26th, 2016, 16:21
We're gonna be using the FG server , however if need-be we'll use yours as a back up. The room on the server will be "5E DragonHoardSaturday"

Hook
June 26th, 2016, 17:13
We're gonna be using the FG server , however if need-be we'll use yours as a back up. The room on the server will be "5E DragonHoardSaturday"

Sounds great.

TankSMuggler
June 29th, 2016, 19:40
I'm definitely interested in joining this group. I posted my character on the calendar. Please let me know if you need any additional information from me. =]