PDA

View Full Version : Blurry Fantasy Grounds on new 2560x1440 monitor

DMJBone
June 26th, 2016, 01:03
Just got a new Acer XB270HU monitor - so native settings are 2560x1440 resolution at 144Hz refresh rate. GFX card is GTX980Ti - latest Nvidia drivers are installed. FG opens and everything is 'blurry' (out of focus) until I right-click on desktop (or otherwise generally interact with the program) but then it reverts to blurry state after a few moments. I tried turning G-Synch mode on and off - didn't seem to matter. Any ideas how I can fix this?
Thanks!

damned
June 26th, 2016, 04:40
G-Sync was a common issue of graphics issues last year.
I havent tried FG on anything bigger than 1920x1080 as yet but I just picked up a new surface... it has the resolution but no where near the graphics ability of your setup... will be interesting to see if it copes.

Talyn
June 26th, 2016, 14:38
Unless G-Sync is causing it, I'm tempted to say it's simply a result of resizing images to that resolution. I'm still on a 1080p monitor so everything looks fine but when you consider that the buttons on the right sidebar are 100x105 images, the default 5E desktop is 515x615, and so on, it's easy to imagine how the more these smaller images get stretched the more noticeable (blurry) that stretching will make things.

Magnimost
June 26th, 2016, 14:41
G-Sync was a common issue of graphics issues last year.
I havent tried FG on anything bigger than 1920x1080 as yet but I just picked up a new surface... it has the resolution but no where near the graphics ability of your setup... will be interesting to see if it copes.

Resolution alone can't be an issue, as I run FG on a 4K monitor, and it looks gorgeous. FG is actually one of the few programs which allows one to scale the UI, which is excellent foresight from the devs.

OP, perhaps changing the UI scaling from the launcher options helps?

Nylanfs
June 26th, 2016, 20:53
Do you have the Steam overlay turned on?

DMJBone
July 2nd, 2016, 18:14
Hey Guys,
Thanks for the responses so far. UI scaling doesn't help. To try and be clearer about the issue (see what I did there?) everything in FG is blurry, all the fonts (chat window, combat tracker, modules) all the dice, the desktop decal, pop-up windows, everything. If I just move my mouse pointer over the fonts in the chat window, that's enough to bring them into 'focus' for a moment, but then they revert to being blurry. If I click on die, that will bring it into focus. Etc. I'm not running the program through Steam. Screen shot attached. 14576

Moon Wizard
July 2nd, 2016, 19:12
The only things I can think of are graphic driver, DirectX or monitor/TV setting which is causing the blurriness. If monitor setting, then it should apply to all programs. If driver or DirectX setting, it may only apply to Specific programs, such as FG. If I was trying to figure out, I would toggle or adjust every driver setting I could find, and see if there are any reports online for that card/driver that have blurriness reported.

Sorry, I can't point to something more specific, but I haven't seen this issue personally.

Regards,
JPG

damned
July 3rd, 2016, 03:07
Hey DMJBone - it still works ok on your old monitor? Nothing else changed on the computer in that same time window?

DMJBone
July 3rd, 2016, 21:26
Hey damned,
Correct. Nothing else changed. And all other programs look fine. Per Moon Wizard's suggestion, I've started messing around with some settings in Nvidia control panel, but nothing really seems to clear it up.

Nylanfs
July 4th, 2016, 02:45
Did you install from steam, if so try and disable the Steam Overlay.

Springroll
July 4th, 2016, 16:13
I'm on a ASUS 2560x1440 27" with GSYNC but have noticed no blurriness, even if I play with the /scaleui settings.
I'd double check the drivers as I do not think it has anything to do with GSYNC.