PDA

View Full Version : LFP: Out of the Abyss - Doseyclwn edition

doseyclwn
June 25th, 2016, 18:14
FG License: I have ultimate, so players need at least demo
Game System: D&D 5th edition

Time Zone: East Coast time, US
Day of week and time: Every other Friday at 8pm
Planned Frequency: Bi-monthly (every other week)
Term: Until we're done

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Teamspeak

Roleplay & Combat mix: depends on the players
Number of Players in game & needed: 4 to 5 in game (at the time I write this, I need 2 players)
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level
Character restrictions: PHB classes only, PHB races only (no Dragonborn or Tiefling)
Really looking for some old-school type gamers. In other words, if you're a rogue and you're searching for traps, tell me HOW you're doing it. Please no powergaming, rules lawyering, or min/maxing

To apply, send me a pm about your experience with FG and D&D in general, maybe let me know what you're thinking about for a character. If we're a good fit, I'll pm you the link to sign up for the game.

From the product description: The Underdark is a subterranean wonderland, a vast and twisted labyrinth where fear reigns. It is the home of horrific monsters that have never seen the light of day. It is here that the dark elf Gromph Baenre, Archmage of Menzoberranzan, casts a foul spell meant to ignite a magical energy that suffuses the Underdark and tears open portals to the demonic Abyss. What steps through surprises even him, and from that moment on, the insanity that pervades the Underdark escalates and threatens to shake the Forgotten Realms to its foundations. Stop the madness before it consumes you!

A Dungeons & Dragons adventure for characters of levels 1–15

trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k26idR0QYAY

doseyclwn
June 26th, 2016, 18:11
need one more player. I've had people sign up that have not applied. If I don't get a pm from you, then I can't put you in the game.

doseyclwn
June 27th, 2016, 14:08
We need a rogue!!! Who's up for it? Post here or pm me.

Nickademus
June 27th, 2016, 18:49
I am the rogue....

doseyclwn
June 27th, 2016, 18:50
Cool. We can still use one more.

Nickademus
June 27th, 2016, 21:10
Well, we could use five more, but then get expensive.

Metaleye
June 27th, 2016, 21:24
I can join and fill whatever role you need me to do. I signed up on the game calendar as well.

*EDIT* Most of my pre-mades are various types of Rogues, so take that as you will.

JimSocks
June 28th, 2016, 00:15
I would love to play- and the times are perfect for me! I wouldn't mind playing any class (warlock is my favorite, but a rogue would be fun too!)

I'll PM you the info you have requested and sign up on the calendar too in case there is still room for me.

Second edit: I can't seem to locate this on the event calendar. Perhaps it's not there, or it could be that I am blind today and simply have yet to see it. Can anyone post the direct link? That will certainly help me out, and I'd be very appreciative.

JimSocks
June 30th, 2016, 06:07
Here is the character I have created, a Half-Elf Bard. I have attached his xml file for upload, as well as a portrait (in jpg and png formats) and a larger image in case it comes in handy.

Originally I rolled a 11, 15, 13, 12, 14, 16 for stats (I just rolled them all and then decided where to put the numbers based on what was most important for the class). The race bumped charisma up by 2 to 18, and I got to pick two other stats to bump up by 1 each which I applied to Dex and Con.

For the GP I rolled 3, 3, 4, 2, 3 (x10) and then added the 15GP from the charlatan belt pouch.

For the skill proficiencies, bard gave 3, charlatan gave 2, and half elf gave 2.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll get back with you soon- I've been pouring over the book forever now and I need shuteye!

doseyclwn
June 30th, 2016, 13:32
That seems like a lot of skill profieciencies, but that's fine. I look forward to tomorrow!