PDA

View Full Version : LFG Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG Friday Nights EDT (GMT-4)

leozelig
June 25th, 2016, 13:03
Anyone interested in playing some DCC? I was thinking of starting with a 0-level funnel like Hole in the Sky.

DCC RPG is a re-imagining of old-school D&D using modern design (d20) principles. The setting tends to be low-magic, with frequent genre-mixing and a very pulpy atmosphere. PC death is relatively common and hopefully part of the fun.

Based on my past experience trying to find DCC players here, consider this very much an interest check. It will probably take time to get a group organized, so I don't have a specific start date in mind. Here is the general idea...

Day/Time: Fridays 900-1100 pm EDT (GMT-4)
Frequency: 2-3 sessions/month
Number of Players: 4-8
Voice/Chat: Google Hangouts or FG Teamspeak server

We can adjust the schedule if necessary, but I want these to be shorter, relatively fast-paced sessions. No tip-toeing around the dungeon, fortune favors the bold! :)

Post here if interested...

jshauber
June 25th, 2016, 13:35
I am in.

leozelig
June 26th, 2016, 11:57
Ok jshauber, you got the first seat! I will post in the G+ community, maybe I can stir up a few folks over there. I have an ultimate license, so they could play for free, but I have not had great luck recruiting over there. Google Hangout games seem to fill up pretty easily, but for some reason FG doesn't get a lot of love.

damned
June 26th, 2016, 13:13
PC death is relatively common and hopefully part of the fun.

Whats the term? "Wealth by attrition"? Something like that :)

Ok jshauber, you got the first seat! I will post in the G+ community, maybe I can stir up a few folks over there. I have an ultimate license, so they could play for free, but I have not had great luck recruiting over there. Google Hangout games seem to fill up pretty easily, but for some reason FG doesn't get a lot of love.

'tis true - Fantasy Grounds seems to be a hard sell on G+ (I spend a fair amount of time on there too) and the DCC crowd are even harder to sell on....

__doug__
June 26th, 2016, 17:43
I am up for it at 9PM EST if you are running something I haven't already played.

leozelig
June 26th, 2016, 19:53
I am up for it at 9PM EST if you are running something I haven't already played.

I have a whole bunch of modules collecting dust so no problem there.

If I can get 4 players at least, we can start throwing around start dates.

leozelig
June 27th, 2016, 12:27
There is a little more interest in the G+ community than I have seen in the past, so maybe that's a good sign. Anyone else want to see what has these guys so worried? I would like to solidify a game in the next 2 weeks if possible.

Post here if interested.

leozelig
June 28th, 2016, 01:15
I count four players so far (two here, two from G+), so I have thrown out a start date...

Fri July 22 from 9-11 pm

Let me know if that doesn't work for you. I am familiar with the fickle nature of the online tabletop gods.

If you want to roll up some zeroes and post the stats here (or attach an image of your purple sorcerer character sheets) over the next couple weeks, that might generate some interest too.

__doug__
June 28th, 2016, 01:57
Which rolling method are you using Leo?

jshauber
June 28th, 2016, 03:43
Date should work for me. Let us know the creation method and I will get started.

leozelig
June 28th, 2016, 03:52
Oh, I like 3d6 in order. If you get a bunch of bad rolls, you can roll up another. Bring 4 zeroes, with the expectation that 1 or 2 will survive, so if you have a couple of underachievers in the bunch, you can put them in the front :)

damned
June 28th, 2016, 05:55
Oh, I like 3d6 in order. If you get a bunch of bad rolls, you can roll up another. Bring 4 zeroes, with the expectation that 1 or 2 will survive, so if you have a couple of underachievers in the bunch, you can put them in the front :)

Roll up 8... you know.. just in case!

leozelig
June 29th, 2016, 18:40
The first funnel I played, I had an astrologer with great stats, and the first room had a door with some kind of star map on it, so naturally, I sent him in to sort things out, and he ended up with a spear through his eyeball. Point is, bring some cannon fodder and put them up front, then take their gear when they die. ;)

jshauber
June 30th, 2016, 01:55
Found this site https://purplesorcerer.com/create_party.php and just rolled up a group of four to get started.

Do you want me to attach the PDF with the stats or just keep until we get together and then fill them in?

tadkil
June 30th, 2016, 04:34
Hey! I am up for some DCC RPG!

leozelig
July 1st, 2016, 02:49
Found this site https://purplesorcerer.com/create_party.php and just rolled up a group of four to get started.

Do you want me to attach the PDF with the stats or just keep until we get together and then fill them in?

Purple Sorcerer is great. You can attach the PDF - I can set up the FG character sheets if you want. The most PCs I have hosted is 16. I wonder if there is a maximum??

leozelig
July 1st, 2016, 02:56
Hey! I am up for some DCC RPG!

Hey tadkil, you got it! You are player 6 or 7, assuming everyone shows up. Hole in the Sky is suggested for 4 to 6 players, but I think we can play with more. If FG won't take that many, we can run the funnel without it, and switch to FG at level 1.

tadkil
July 1st, 2016, 06:57
Thanks! Looking forward to it.

leozelig
July 2nd, 2016, 01:20
jshauber and tadkil, do you have a Gmail or Google+ account? I am going to use Google Hangouts for chat. The funnel could have over 20 zeroes depending on turnout, so I might run that on Hangouts and screenshare a client desktop for the combat tracker and maps/images.

Let me know if you have a Google account so I can set up a game invitation. You can send me a PM or whatever...

Also, just want to clarify that the game doesn't start tonight. I might be able to run it next Friday if people are available, but otherwise it starts July 22.

leozelig
July 2nd, 2016, 16:06
FYI, I am going to see who is around on July 8 and possibly start this a little sooner than originally planned.

Diomitus
July 3rd, 2016, 04:39
I might be around. I have the DCC RPG core rule book and I'd like to give it a shot if you have room.

leozelig
July 3rd, 2016, 11:14
I might be around. I have the DCC RPG core rule book and I'd like to give it a shot if you have room.

We still have room. I have a group of 6-7 players so far, but only 4-5 are able to make the first session on Friday, July 8 so that leaves one seat open. I am running chat on Google Hangouts, and I might actually run the funnel completely from Hangouts. Running 20-24 PCs on Fantasy Grounds is probably not a good idea (if it's even possible).

Send me a PM with your Gmail or Google+ account info, and I can invite you to the game!

I plan to run DCC RPG games 2-3 times a month on Friday nights for around 2 hours. Even if you can't make it this time, I can invite you to the G+ community (Friday Night DCC), and maybe you can join us in the future.

leozelig
July 6th, 2016, 17:48
Still one or two more spots open for this if anyone is interested.

Friday, July 8
9:00-11:00 pm EDT (GMT -4)
Chat: Google Hangouts
Server: dashing grave undead turtle

PM me your Google+ or Gmail info. Bring 4 zero-level PCs - Purple Sorcerer can generate those for you.

Diomitus
July 6th, 2016, 21:39
Yes!
Who/What is purple sorceror?

leozelig
July 7th, 2016, 02:10
Yes!
Who/What is purple sorceror?

This (https://purplesorcerer.com/index.php) guy... 3rd party publisher with some fun DCC tools.