PDA

View Full Version : Best way to run 2 groups, same dungeon, different campaigns?

BubbaGrim
June 25th, 2016, 07:24
I have 2 groups of friends who want to play D&D, one group will play Saturday and the second Sunday. But since I'm a lazy DM I only want to build one dungeon. Best way to do this? Separate Fantasy Ground folders for each campaign and duplicate maps in each folder? Anyone else ever do this before?

Thanks in advance.

Mask_of_winter
June 25th, 2016, 07:42
Make you adventure, type /export in the chat window, hit enter and export the asset you need. This will create a module that you can open in any campaigns you need.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/module.tutorial.v1.pdf

Nylanfs
June 25th, 2016, 14:22
Make three campaigns one a master that you will export modules from, and one campaign for each group.

Answulf
June 25th, 2016, 14:33
Make three campaigns one a master that you will export modules from, and one campaign for each group.

+1. I have a campaign called "GM Workshop" that I build everything in, then export from there.

Phystus
June 25th, 2016, 20:19
I started that way, but eventually I switched to having a separate campaign for each new module I create. I run a homebrew campaign, though, so I create a lot of modules.

The reason I switched was that my "workshop" campaign got cluttered with a lot of maps and monsters. Once in awhile I would delete some of them, but then if I wanted to go back and make a change to a module I would invariably discover that I had already deleted something I needed in an effort to de-clutter.

darrenan
June 25th, 2016, 21:08
It's also handy to be able to move campaigns for specific modules out of the campaigns directory when you are no longer working on them (I put them in an archive subdirectory) so they don't show up in the campaigns list in the launcher

DM|Mag
June 25th, 2016, 21:46
Failing all of that, I'm new to FG and before learning how to make a module I just copy/pasted the folder of my campaign inside the data folder. Rename to suit, and good to go. I'm liking being able to work in one and export my NPC and encounter and PC entries as modules now that I know how to do so.