PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Effects

Mavrik6666
June 24th, 2016, 16:40
Is it possible to hide an effect before its added to the CT

I know once you have added it, you can click the VSBL button to make it invisible, but that's after I have added it, and a quick looking character will see it, and of course it come up on the chat window.

Is there a way to add one with no chat, and auto hide on the tracker

Mav

Gwydion
June 24th, 2016, 17:46
I'm not sure how to do this individually for an effect and you are probably aware of this but just in case, you can hide all effects in the options menu. I believe there are two spots, one under combat and one under tokens, allies, show effects. I would be interested, though if you can hide them individually!

Zacchaeus
June 24th, 2016, 17:53
At present you can't hide an effect before placing it on he CT in 5e. However I believe that Moon Wizard has corrected the bug which was preventing that from happening and it will be in v 3.2.

Nickademus
June 24th, 2016, 22:12
Is there a way to add one with no chat, and auto hide on the tracker

Yes. In the combat tracker, open the effect list on the character and click the green plus button. Switch the new effect to GM visibility and type or copy/paste the effect into the text field.

No chat message; nothing shown to the players.

Hecklerus Prime
June 26th, 2016, 03:24
If all else fails, simply opening the effect menu for that character in the CT and typing it in manually should work.