PDA

View Full Version : A New Player Approach!

OneofSorrow
June 24th, 2016, 06:40
Attack? Withdraw? Defend?
Joke aside! Hello I've just purchased my copy of Fantasy Ground from steam and I'm looking to play in some Adventure League games! have the basic license you can get and I'm hoping to join in some adventure league games in hopes of making new friends, have a good time, and roll some dice. :) Hoping to get in some games, I'm familiar with ALOnline and have checked out the calendar some but I'm hoping to get into other games. If anyone is looking for a dwarven paladin of vengeance around the 5th level or a cleric of life around the first let me know. Always looking for help and anyone who wants to give a shout out to just say hello is welcome. Anyway peace! :)

damned
June 24th, 2016, 07:07
Welcome OneofSorrow - dont be upset that much of this is cut and paste from an earlier post :)

Just like in a real life tabletop group you have to look for games and people that have similar interests and availability as you.
Right now we dont know when you want to play or what timezone you are in.
Jump into your profile and edit the settings and set your Timezone. You may also want to include your location in your public profile or signature.
Locate the Looking For Game forum and browse all the recent game advertisements for the last 2 weeks and see if any look like they might be a match.
Post on those threads that look interesting to you and introduce yourself and anything else that you think might help you find a home.
Also look at the one shots that are advertised - even if they are not the system you were planning t o play - you will meet gamers and GMs and this will lead to more opportunities and you might find some systems and genres that rock that you wouldnt have played otherwise. Check the Savage Games in my signature as some of those still have a spot free for this Saturday.
Edit your Timezone here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions so that the Calendar shows correctly for you.
If you visit the forum regularly and do the above you will find games and a group.
There is also an AL calendar - details in the Adventurers League subforum - which you should check out.

Wisewind
June 27th, 2016, 10:05
What timezone are you in, and when are you able to play? :)

Sweedbeast
June 28th, 2016, 07:34
Im in to play. Im on the west coast of US so PST for me. Ready to roll a new charter and really get this program a go.:D

OneofSorrow
June 29th, 2016, 19:10
Well Generally I like 5th edition D&D and enjoy the structure of Adventure League. I live in central time zone

rob2e
June 29th, 2016, 20:42
Many many FG users for Adventurers League coordinate games here... alonlinetools.net (https://alonlinetools.net)