PDA

View Full Version : Map Overwrite???

Gwydion
June 24th, 2016, 01:26
Ok, I think I need to be talked down from the ledge. So, I'm finishing up Crow's Nest with my group tomorrow night which is going really well. I'm going to transition into Crypt of the Sun Lord and I took the map and added a bunch of tokens to each room (such as crypts, stairs, etc..). Everything was going great! Then, I wanted to share the map with the players in advance (masked) to avoid the download delay. So, I had the bright idea of changing the name of the map to something generic so they wouldn't know where they were headed next. I think by changing the name I wiped out all the background tokens I laid down! My encounters are still properly showing up on the map, but all of the additional cool background tokens (rubble, crypts, skeletons, etc.) are gone. Do I really need to add them all back in again! Banging my head against the wall now......

Nylanfs
June 24th, 2016, 02:47
Did you change the name of the image IN FG or in the windows explorer? If you changed it in the file location try naming it back to what it was and the DB might sync back up. Note, don't have FG running at the time I believe.

damned
June 24th, 2016, 02:51
If you want to "safely" change the name you right click on it in the Images list and choose edit.
I think there is some wonkiness with the token placement when you do what you did.... I think they may be lost.

Gwydion
June 24th, 2016, 02:56
Thanks, guys. I did try and remember exactly what I named it and couldn't as I thought it might try and re-sync as Nylanfs suggested. Well, I'm about halfway through recreating it. I guess the good news is it was only one map and a relatively small one at that. So, all in all a cheap lesson! Thanks for the naming edit tip, Damned. I'll try that next time. Oh well! Live and learn! Still excited about running the group through this. I think we will get through Crow's Rest in an hour or two and then start on Crypt of the Sun Lord.

Moon Wizard
June 24th, 2016, 03:00
Also, in the next version, you can rename the image in the image window and provide a player version of the image name as well.

Cheers,
JPG

Gwydion
June 24th, 2016, 03:10
Awesome! Thanks!

LordEntrails
June 24th, 2016, 05:55
I did this once too. Just once, so far :)