PDA

View Full Version : Want to Co-DM a campaign, but I dont know how.

Gamarix
June 24th, 2016, 01:14
Hi, I'm new to fantasy grounds and I just wanted to know if there was a way to have 2 DM's on the same campaign. Or more simply is there a way to give DM privileges to a player so that they can see everything (and edit everything) that the host makes.

Nylanfs
June 24th, 2016, 02:28
Welcome to the forums and FG community. Unfortunately no, there isn't any way of doing this. Everything is hosted on one GM's machine. Now the GM could run combat and everything, while the "co-GM" narrates everything, keeps track of the plot etc. but you couldn't see the same thing that the GM would, unless they shared their view with you via Hangouts or something similar.

darrenan
June 24th, 2016, 04:11
I'm assuming what you meant is not two DM's running the same campaign at the same time? You can share a campaign, just by zipping up the files and sharing them with each other (outside of FG running), but you cannot have two people in FG at the same time with DM privileges and view.

NOTE: Do NOT EVER EVER EVER put your Fantasy Grounds directory in a dropbox, onedrive, or any other local file-sharing location and try to do file sharing that way. FG writes frequently to the campaign database and data loss is pretty common in those cases.