PDA

View Full Version : How come... (teamspeak vs hangouts)

Answulf
June 23rd, 2016, 18:30
... playing without a mic and headset on Teamspeak creates feedback, but it works fine on Google Hangouts? I don't get it.

I have been using Google Hangouts just fine for the past year or so, but with my new group we have a few players with excessive background noise and want to make the switch to Teamspeak for push-to-talk. However, two of the players don't use headset/mics and I'm not crazy about requiring them to purchase a set. Any suggestions?

Andraax
June 23rd, 2016, 19:44
Teamspeak is (by default) more sensitive. You can adjust this in the settings.

midas
June 23rd, 2016, 19:59
You don't need a headset for push-to-talk. That feature just makes it so you're only broadcasting while holding down the button. If they're on a laptop or something they can still use the laptop mic, you'll just still get their background noise when they're broadcasting, as opposed to all the time.

Zacchaeus
June 23rd, 2016, 21:37
Indeed, I think it's fair to say that software like Teamspeak is designed around headset and mic set ups whereas the browser based things like Google, Skype etc are less refined. As was mentioned above however you can do quite a bit of adjusting within Teamspeak; but for non headset users push to talk is probably the way to go.

damned
June 23rd, 2016, 23:13
You can buy a headset and mic for about $10 and it will improve sound quality for everyone.
We still have one player who doesnt use it and you can hear so much background noise when he speaks - traffic noise, the cat, the neighbours, him moving in his seat, even just breathing!
I think TeamSpeak must be more sensitive as the above posters have suggested.

Michelley
June 28th, 2016, 09:33
no why