PDA

View Full Version : New Player Looking for Adventure

Ateaxeate
June 23rd, 2016, 04:18
Hello community. I'm looking for an adventure using a standard subscription. I have gotten familiar with Fantasy Grounds and am ready to start with a character. I purchased a Cleric Class Pack but am unsure whats needed next. Any help in finding a group or adventures would be awesome. Thanks.

Andraax
June 23rd, 2016, 04:47
I have an opening my Tuesday night Castles and Crusades game. 8-11pm US/Central.

LordEntrails
June 23rd, 2016, 05:14
Here's a recent post where I list a bunch of ways to find a game. Good luck :)

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?32781-Wow-This-forum-is-very-active&p=276230&viewfull=1#post276230

damned
June 23rd, 2016, 05:57
Hello community. I'm looking for an adventure using a standard subscription. I have gotten familiar with Fantasy Grounds and am ready to start with a character. I purchased a Cleric Class Pack but am unsure whats needed next. Any help in finding a group or adventures would be awesome. Thanks.

Welcome Ateaxeate,
Andraaxs Castles&Crusades game is very much old school D&D. It is a great system.
Check my signature for some games this coming Saturday.
The 5e ones are mostly full - I think Zacchaeus has some room in his culinary foray. Do check out the Savage Worlds games please. These are a solid assortment of different genres and all run by good GMs and 3 of the 4 definitely have room for another player. Playing one-shots is a good way to meet others and to get familiar with FG, experience other systems and find opportunities for more ongoing games. All the GMs running Savage stuff do run an assortment of different games - well worth the experiment!

Ateaxeate
June 23rd, 2016, 23:21
Thanks for the replies. Looks like I have a few places to start. Is there in any Teamspeak channels or lobbies available for games? Everything appears forums and private messages...

damned
June 23rd, 2016, 23:45
You can jump in the community teamspeak server: ts.fg-con.com with pass Dungeoneers and say hello. Tag yourself as LFG. Sometimes its busy sometimes its not. People dont usually do pickup games for RPGs which is why Forums still work well for organisation.