PDA

View Full Version : Connectivity Issues

Nevet33
June 23rd, 2016, 03:28
Hello all,

I have been playing the game without issues for several months. I hosted a game on Saturday and played a game on Monday both had no connectivity issues. However my Wednesday game no one could connect to the GM and no one could connect to my game. I have not changed any settings on my computer, i have not changed my router settings for my cable internet. I am not the most tech savvy person...Could someone please help me through this when you have a chance? Thanks

LordEntrails
June 23rd, 2016, 05:21
The first thing to check, does the connection test work? If not, did you in the past setup port forwarding? What's happened to me in the past (and again this past weekend) is that the IP assigned to my laptop from my router changed (because of the renew time) and I had to reset my port forwarding to the new IP.

If that doesn't work, or you need help, just let us know.

damned
June 23rd, 2016, 05:31
Have the Wednesday GM contact me and feel free to send me a PM too.
As LordEntrails says if it worked earlier and now stopped the most likely cause is your IP changed (via DHCP) and you have manual portforwarding or the UPnP didnt update. If you didnt manually configure your router then rebooting it will clear any stuck UPnP...