June 22nd, 2016, 18:11
FG License: DM has Ultimate
Game System: D&D 5e in Primeval Thule

Time Zone: Central Time (CST)
Day of week and time: Sunday, July 3 at 7pm CST, expecting 3-4 hours of play
Planned Frequency: 1 shot

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Teamspeak using the FG server

Roleplay & Combat mix:This adventure is more combat focused, maybe 70 combat/30 RP if played by the book though players can increase the RP in the adventure
Number of Players in game & needed: 5 total, looking to fill 3 positions
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level, I have pregens created for you to choose from
Character restrictions: Primeval Thule is a world filled mostly with humans and Altanteans, though there are dwarfs, elfs, and halflings wandering around. The pregens will take this into account.

Details of scenario:
Primeval Thule is a savage world where survival is all anyone can hope for. There are no epic quests where you save the world, just living is epic enough. Magic exists but very few know of its inner workings and those that do are feared by masses. Priests command obedience from the populace but it is never clear if they serve their gods or themselves. The wilds are filled with fantastic beasts not seen in other worlds and where barbarians fight for survival on a daily basis. The large city of Quodeth, also known as the City of Thieves, is the largest and richest in this world, but even here survival is not guaranteed, nor easy. Turn the corner and you’re just as likely to run into a drunk citizen as you are a band of thieves looking for an easy job, and these thieves do not care if you survive the encounter as long as they get your boots.

This is going to be my first time as a DM using Fantasy Grounds so the point of running this is for me to get familiar with the tool, plus to get back into DMing as it’s been a year since I’ve run a game offline.

The adventure being run is the starter adventure that comes with the setting, The Tower of the Black Flame. If you’ve run or read it before no metagaming please. For new players all I ask is that you have a basic understanding of 5e or D&D in general or RPGs similar to D&D. Having read the rules or watched Critical Role I think should be sufficient. There will most likely be colourful language as I navigate FG so looking for mature players only please.

I plan on following the rules of 5e as close as possible, there are not too many specific Primeval Thule rules to worry about, mostly those are for flavour to build the setting. I don’t care to track things like ammo or encumbrance or rations for this adventure. I’m likely to also ignore rules if I don’t know how to apply them in Fantasy Grounds.

If you want to read up on the Primeval Thule setting beforehand you can download this free PDF from DriveThruRPG
Primeval Thule Traveler's Guide (https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/129630/Primeval-Thule-Travelers-Guide)

Reading it ahead of time is not required, we won’t be exploring the world in this one-shot. You can basically assume it’s like any 5e adventure for the most part but if you like to get some flavour for the setting that PDF is a great place to start, plus it’s free!

Any questions please ask!

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2064

Rufus_Stardawg
June 24th, 2016, 21:11
I am interested in playing in this adventure. I am learning FG as well.

NotRussellCrowe
June 24th, 2016, 21:14
Hi, Rufus_Stardawg, welcome!

You've added your name to the calendar, great, looking forward to you joining the game. It will be a learning experience for the both of us!

See you next week!

NotRussellCrowe
June 28th, 2016, 18:26
Still looking for 2 more players to fill this adventure.

Nickademus
June 28th, 2016, 22:13
Just found out about Primeval Thule. Sounds fun.

NotRussellCrowe
June 28th, 2016, 22:22
Just found out about Primeval Thule. Sounds fun.

Hi, Nickademus!

Thule is a pretty cool setting, I really like it myself. Happy to have you. I'll open up later this week for a chance to pick characters and take a look through the players guide that comes with Thule campaign setting.

Nickademus
June 28th, 2016, 22:44
Are pregens required, or just an option?

NotRussellCrowe
June 28th, 2016, 22:52
Never even occurred to me to allow people to build their own character for a one shot. I'm not opposed to it though. That or you can modify one of the pregens.

I'm out of town for a bit but will send a message when I'm able to load up FG later this week.

Roakana
July 2nd, 2016, 04:07
hey,

I have been interested in checking out the Thule world. I am an experienced RPG player but new to trying Fantasy Grounds. I would be interested in playing a Rogue style character if appropriate but i am flexible to play whatever if they are pregens.

NotRussellCrowe
July 2nd, 2016, 04:16
Hi, Roakana, great to have you join us!

Two players rolled their own and 2 players are using pregens so either works for me but there are some Thulean rules for character creation. I'll send you in a separate message. I should be able to open my FG tomorrow so you can look over the pregens or create your own.

Roakana
July 2nd, 2016, 04:44
ok cool. thanks.

NotRussellCrowe
July 2nd, 2016, 14:08
We are full for players for this one-shot tomorrow night. Thanks everyone, hopefully my first time DMing in FG will go well and everyone will have a good time. See you tomorrow (unless we chat today while you are creating characters of course)!

Rufus_Stardawg
July 4th, 2016, 11:07
Had a good time and thanks for putting up with me :-)

NotRussellCrowe
July 4th, 2016, 14:04
HA! There was no putting up with anyone, at least from my point of view. Everyone was a blast to play with and I feel honoured that you all agreed to give up your Sunday evening to help me learn how to be a better DM.

Thanks again and I look forward to playing with you all again in the future!

Kelly

Roakana
July 4th, 2016, 18:09
yes thanks for running it. it was fun to meet new people and cut up some thieves guild thugs.