PDA

View Full Version : I got a new computer.

dane2025
June 21st, 2016, 18:25
What's the best way to transfer my campaigns to the new computer? I tried logging in and hitting update but that didn't do anything. I don't even have my purchases now.

midas
June 21st, 2016, 19:01
Your purchases should go to any machine where you install FG and have your information entered. Where did you make your purchases? Are they Steam purchases? Do you have Steam installed and do you have the option checked to check Steam for DLC in your FG settings? If you purchased your content here on the site, then make sure you have your forum username entered in the FG settings in the "Fantasy Grounds Store Purchases" area. For example I just installed FG on a machine here at work, went into the settings, and put in midas in the User Name field, then clicked Update. It asked me for my username/password for the FG site, which I entered, and now the Fantasy Grounds Store Purchases box is filled with all my purchases. After clicking OK and running the updater the software started downloading my purchases to that machine.

As for your campaign information it's stored in your FG data directory. The default location FG uses for this (in Windows 7 and higher) is C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds. Just copy the content of this folder to the same location on the new machine. If you can't find the data then just launch FG on your old machine and then click on the folder icon in the upper-right corner of the program. This will open your data directory.

Zacchaeus
June 21st, 2016, 19:11
You can tell FG which folder to save your campaigns into in the 'Settings' menu. The default settings (i.e where stuff is installed and saved to) will depend on your OS. Some information here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/File_Locations) on default file locations.

I echo what midas has said above; make sure all the information in the settings window is correct; chiefly your key and username and password.