PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Skin/Theme

Springroll
June 21st, 2016, 08:39
Hi, I'm on the hunt for a nice clean Pathfinder skin/theme. I like the one that's included with 5e (clean and white with subdued tones) would it be possible to get a skin like this?
I have tried creating something using extensions but I'm just not good enough :)

damned
June 21st, 2016, 09:18
Hi, I'm on the hunt for a nice clean Pathfinder skin/theme. I like the one that's included with 5e (clean and white with subdued tones) would it be possible to get a skin like this?
I have tried creating something using extensions but I'm just not good enough :)

Springroll

Yeah you can!
You can make a theme that replaces absolutely everything. Huge task. Takes a long time and a fair amount of learning.
Pull apart one of the themes here https://www.fg-con.com/free-downloads and see how little you need to change to get something that goes a way to doing what you want.
Many of the included themes have totally different graphic frames for almost every window - this is overkill. You can build 4 or 5 frames and use them for all definitions.
You can build a far smaller set of Sidebar Icons (version 3.2.0 has a nice solution for this too).

Sample: 14461

Nickademus
June 21st, 2016, 17:53
That is a very tidy theme there damned. May I ask, do those frames have a drop shadow? FG registers alpha-transparency as solid for windows (so clicking on a window beneath may actually be clicking on the window above if the shadow stretches out over where you are clicking), which makes it annoying when you are overlapping windows to make good use of space. I frequently can't click the hotbar because a window I place along the bottom of the desktop area actually extends a faint shadow down over the hotbar keys.

Curious if that theme nixed the shadow, or any of the theme on the page you linked.

damned
June 22nd, 2016, 01:08
That is a very tidy theme there damned. May I ask, do those frames have a drop shadow? FG registers alpha-transparency as solid for windows (so clicking on a window beneath may actually be clicking on the window above if the shadow stretches out over where you are clicking), which makes it annoying when you are overlapping windows to make good use of space. I frequently can't click the hotbar because a window I place along the bottom of the desktop area actually extends a faint shadow down over the hotbar keys.

Curious if that theme nixed the shadow, or any of the theme on the page you linked.

Style/graphic wise I like some of the fancy frames that do have transparency and shadows but I dont usually make them like that - much more work! These do have a shadow/transparency only on the bottom edges where there is a tab that hangs below the frame. Everything else is clean. :)

ivell
June 3rd, 2018, 13:30
Is there any single topic with all available themes collected? It is really hard to find. Most of the files in the topics are no longer available :(