PDA

View Full Version : Long-time D&D group looking to add one player, 5e, Friday evenings Eastern time

HoratioDrank
June 21st, 2016, 01:41
Group is now full. Thank you for some wonderful applications.

FG License: Ultimate
Game System: D&D 5th Edition

Time Zone: U.S. Eastern time
Day of week and time: Friday, 6:00 p.m. (games will typically run approximately 4 hours)
If new game, planned start date: July 8, 2016
Planned Frequency: weekly
Term: indefinite

Text or Voice: Voice (mic is required)
Voice software used: TeamSpeak

Roleplay & Combat mix: Mixed (strong story-driven, character-based bias)
Number of Players in game & needed: DM + 4 players (have 3, need 1 more)
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level (character creation details will be passed along to the player who is selected)
Character restrictions: No evil alignment, no chaotic neutral alignment

Details of your scenario:

Please read carefully because I’m looking for a very specific style of player to add to my game.

I am an old goat (I’ve been DMing for more than 30 years). I have no age restriction on players in my game, but my current group skews older. For a younger player to succeed, he or she would need to be mature and focused.

For over six years, I ran an in-person, tabletop homebrew campaign using D&D 4th Edition. I have been working on a prequel campaign using D&D 5th Edition. I’m assembling a four-player group for this game. Three of the players and I have played together in person for many years and know each other well IRL. I would like to find a fourth player to complement our group.

Here are the requirements followed by some instructions on how to apply for this spot:

Be mature. As I mentioned, our group skews older (the age range of our players is 27-48, with most in the mid-30s). We are not looking for someone who is going to join the game to tell d*ck and fart jokes. We laugh and have fun, but our primary purpose for coming together on Friday evenings is to play Dungeons & Dragons.
Be dependable. Our group expects you to show up for game almost every single Friday on time (everyone misses a game from time to time because RL happens, but it should be uncommon). If you have other things that you would rather be doing or have to be doing on Fridays, this is not the group for you.
Be enduring. Our last campaign lasted for more than six years. We want to bring someone into the group for the long haul.
Be creative. The rules are nothing whatsoever but a life support system for the story. If you don’t think your character’s history and background are more important than his or her attack bonus or how much damage he or she deals, then this is not the group for you.
Be kind. We’re friends. We don’t want a jackass to join our group.
Be contributory. The best games have great DMs. But they also have great players. I want to listen to your stories and weave them in with mine. If you tend to sit back and keep your mouth shut until it’s time to roll initiative, this is not the group for you.
Be willing to use your real first name. As I said, we are all already RL friends. Although you probably will end up living far away, we’d like you to be our online friend. Friends call each other by name.
Be able to use voice comms (that means listening and talking). So if you don’t have a headset with mic or speakers and a mic, this is not the game for you.
If I haven’t scared you off or bored you by now and you want to apply for the open seat, send me a PM here in the Fantasy Grounds forums. Sell yourself in your application. Our game is awesome and we expect to get a lot of applications. “ya count me in I luv dnd, i play a sweet a$$ rouge” will not even come close to making the cut. And please don’t apply by replying to this forum post. I won’t consider applications that aren’t made by PM.

That’s all I got. I’m looking to hearing from you.

Link to Game calendar page: N/A. I won’t be using the game calendar.

OldJarhead
June 21st, 2016, 03:13
This is exactly what I have been looking for.

I am 51 years old, have been away from D&D for about 30 years, with the very recent discovery of on-line RPG I am very interested in joining a group for an extended adventure like I had "back in the day". I am looking to take a character (or two) from level one to whatever (even death) and a group from start to (death?).

I have no life outside of work and home chores (Kids have all left the nest) and except for the occasional wife gotta do things, I would be available every day after 5:30 pm (US Central time).

I am just getting back into gaming and 5e and FG are VERY new to me. I pick things up kinda quickly and I already have TS. I am not a "center of the universe" or "rule the game" kinda player and I have never argued with a DM about rules.

I would have no problem using my real name.

Let me know what you think or maybe we can meet on TS to have a discussion.

Just reread the OP........PM on the way!

Thanks in advance for any consideration.

jwrightFANTASYG
June 23rd, 2016, 01:45
PM'd.... why do I feel so nervous?

HoratioDrank
June 23rd, 2016, 15:43
The group is now full. Thank you for some wonderful applications. Fantasy Grounds has a top shelf community.