PDA

View Full Version : Updating Modules to version 3.2

LordEntrails
June 20th, 2016, 23:47
So, I've got two modules that I'm concerned with. Both are 5E. One was created July 2015 and is still a work in progress. The other was done May 2016 and is completed (but not yet distributed).

When 3.2 comes out, is there a good idea of what I will need to do to update these to include new functionality? (I'm not sure yet what new functions will be rolled out, but it seems from the development thread there will be quite a bit).

Of concern;
- links to encounter NPC's that may have come from the NPC list or directly from the SRD or MM
- map pins, have or are share-ability changed?
- and that which I don't know (which is a very large pool!)

Thanks

Moon Wizard
June 21st, 2016, 00:02
For the official 5E material, you shouldn't need to update anything. (and I believe that goes for any Par5E generated material too.)
For the 3.5E/PFRPG material, I added some migration code that will update the links for any 3.5E/PFRPG core bestiary links.

For the remaining modules and rulesets, it will be on a case-by-case basis to migrate them to be available in the master campaign lists, and there is a possibility that some links will break. Any exported modules will be fine. The challenge was that there is no set data organization path format for modules (unless they were exported). We're talking about this internally on the best way to make recommendations for anybody building custom modules (such as PFRPG SRD material).

Cheers,
JPG

LordEntrails
June 21st, 2016, 01:15