PDA

View Full Version : Emailing Pak files

computertrucker
June 20th, 2016, 15:29
So with all the issues i am having using the updater and apparently my 5e pak files are missing from my file location. Is it possible for someone to email the pakfiles and i can just manually insert it into the file location for rulesets?

not sure if this is a possibility.

I am actually on the verge of going back to roll20 to start my upcoming campaign on.. which I dont want to do because i have seen the features this software offers, but all the jumping through hoops to connect or download something is just grinding on my nerves. its been 3 weeks of constant issues. And its the only software i have issues with.. :(

JohnD
June 20th, 2016, 15:40
Those are encrypted and protected so I don't think anyone can do that.

Moon Wizard
June 20th, 2016, 16:20
Only the files in the vault are encrypted. The rest will be the same between machines.

JPG

Moon Wizard
June 20th, 2016, 16:21
Only the files in the vault are encrypted. The rest will be the same between machines.

JPG

computertrucker
June 20th, 2016, 17:07
so the core 5e pak files should be ok to email?

Moon Wizard
June 20th, 2016, 18:01
Yeah, they are copyrighted code, but we give permission to share for this purpose.

Cheers,
JPG

computertrucker
June 20th, 2016, 18:21
thank you 8) you guys rock

computertrucker
June 20th, 2016, 19:04
ok so i got the 5e pak back thank you.. updating the modules now or trying.. I am hoping that i dont get stuck on that one token pack that was causing so many problems.. is there anyway to take it out of my store purchase history so it doesnt attempt to download it?

computertrucker
June 20th, 2016, 19:54
WOW... i dont know what happened.. I started porting stuff over to D20.net and had the updater trying to patch in the background.. and it suddenly started working!!!

Moon Wizard
June 20th, 2016, 19:58
I'm guessing you're in an area with less packet loss, which is not typically communicated to end users and is different than signal strength.

Happy gaming,
JPG