PDA

View Full Version : Colored 5e Sidebar

Nickademus
June 19th, 2016, 19:05
Updated for the additional button in FG 3.2.*
Wazoodust in another thread said this:

5E sidebar icons in color, can the icons be made in color much like 3.5/PF, grey on grey isn't the easiest thing to read and colors on them would make it easier to see and let you know that for instance maps are orange, PC's are green.... etc. It'd make my life a bit more pleasant on here

Nickademus
June 19th, 2016, 19:31
Okay, so I threw together an extension for this. I'm still not sure I can share it, but I think I can give a screenshot:

Wazoodust
June 19th, 2016, 20:13
That'd be great if you can share that I'll be in front of the line !
Looks like what I wanted to see !!!

Zacchaeus
June 19th, 2016, 22:08
Okay, so I threw together an extension for this. I'm still not sure I can share it, but I think I can give a screenshot:

You may want to hold off until 3.2 since I think you'll find quite a bit of changes to the sidebar code. Additionally why do you feel you can't post the extension?

Nickademus
June 19th, 2016, 22:55
Don't I need permission from the artist that made the originals to post modifications?

Zacchaeus
June 19th, 2016, 23:10
You can publish an extension that does almost anything to FG. The only restriction would be you couldn't use artwork that someone else had done such as replace the icons with someone else's work. All you are doing is changing the colour of something that's there already.

rob2e
November 2nd, 2016, 03:28
Will this be updated for 3.2?

Nickademus
November 5th, 2016, 19:11
It's a graphic swap, so it doesn't really need updated as much as expanded to have the new buttons. Give me a day and I'll splice new ones in.

Nickademus
November 7th, 2016, 19:27
New extension ready.

Taste the rainbow.

Gwydion
November 7th, 2016, 19:32
New extension ready.

Taste the rainbow.

Nice! You rock!

rob2e
November 7th, 2016, 21:08
I have tasted the rainbow. And it's DELICIOUS!! ThanX Nick.

Attn: Developers... {coughing into a closed fist} Include in the next version?!

Trenloe
November 7th, 2016, 21:10
Attn: Developers... {coughing into a closed fist} Include in the next version?!
It should be kept as a theme extension so that people can choose which they want to use. See post #1 for the theme extension.

rob2e
November 7th, 2016, 21:11
It should be kept as a theme extension so that people can choose which they want to use. See post #1 for the theme extension.

True dat. I thought it so wonderful, it should be FORCED on people. But you're right Trenloe. CHOICES!

Nickademus
November 7th, 2016, 22:01
I would personally prefer not to use rainbow colors in a theme. I'm more than happy to make it for others to use, but I'd never use this extension myself. Definitely a theme and not the standard look.

rob2e
November 7th, 2016, 22:05
I would personally prefer not to use rainbow colors in a theme. I'm more than happy to make it for others to use, but I'd never use this extension myself. Definitely a theme and not the standard look.

That's hilarious. Good for you. Make cool things for others, but don't use them yourself. I like this.

BringtheGame
February 19th, 2017, 22:34
-Post Deleted by User-

bnickelsen
July 4th, 2017, 15:32
Is this 3.3.x Compatible?

Zacchaeus
July 4th, 2017, 18:14
Is this 3.3.x Compatible?

Try it and see. :)

Nickademus
July 4th, 2017, 21:08
It should be. I've received no word of problems.

DragonsDen13
July 9th, 2017, 06:04
Seems to work fine for me. Used it today while running an AL adventure. Makes seeing the buttons so much easier on these old eyes.

zuilin
May 6th, 2020, 07:51
Any plans for a colored Assets button for FGU?

Nickademus
July 6th, 2020, 16:45
I don't have FGU so I am unable to make an extension for it. I was under the impression that FGU was backward compatible and I don't know why they would change the names of the sidebar button graphics.

zuilin
July 6th, 2020, 16:46
I don't have FGU so I am unable to make an extension for it. I was under the impression that FGU was backward compatible and I don't know why they would change the names of the sidebar button graphics.

They didn't. They renamed the Tokens button to Assets and gave it a bunch more functionality.

LordEntrails
July 6th, 2020, 17:30
@Nickademus,
I am starting to ask all community developers to consider making an explicit licensing statement on their work. It helps future community developers honor your wishes in regards to your work. Their is a discussion and some suggested licensing statements here; On Licensing & Distributing Community Content (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53781-On-Licensing-Distribution-of-Community-Content). Thanks for your contribution and for considering adding a licensing statement to your original post :)

Robin Damien
September 4th, 2020, 16:58

The extension largely still works if you place it into FGU, aside from the fact that the 'Tokens' tab no longer exists, and is replaced by an 'Assets' tab, as it's now a more robust importing tab that works for more than just tokens, and so everything changes color except the new Assets button which stays whatever color the theme you set gives it, because it didn't exist in the original, and presumably there's some line of code sitting around to change a 'Token' tab that doesn't exist anymore, but the user doesn't see that.