PDA

View Full Version : Primeval Thule Cleric Domains

NotRussellCrowe
June 19th, 2016, 00:29
Hello!

I'm creating some characters for a Thulean game and I can't figure out how to automatically create the Cosmic or Ophidian domains on the character sheet. When I select Cleric as a class it pops up all the domains from the PHB but not from the Thule books. Is there another way to do it that I'm just not seeing? The domains are in the Reference section of the player's book but I can't figure out how to drag them to my character sheet.

There are also no separate listing of Domain Spells under the Thule spell list.

Thanks!

Kelly

jshauber
June 19th, 2016, 01:51
Hadn't noticed the domains were not drag/drop. Good catch. You can always add the info manually to the character sheet, but hopefully someone can look into making them drag/drop in the future.

For Spells, they are all listed under the index. Some of the spells are from the Sorcerer or Druid lists depending on which domain you choose.

NotRussellCrowe
June 19th, 2016, 01:59
hi, jshauber.

Yeah, I went ahead and added things manually, just thought maybe I was missing something. It's not a big deal, only two domains, took me longer to scour through everything to see if I missed it than to just add it all myself.

Thanks and happy gaming!

Zacchaeus
June 19th, 2016, 09:31
Hmm, not sure that this can ever be automated. To enable the options to choose the archetypes (Domains in the Cleric's case) the whole class needs to be parsed, not just the domain itself. Then, when the PHB and the other source are both open, FG will pull all of the archetypes from all of the sources. The best example of this is the Sword Coast Adventure Guide. The classes there are complete but only the archetypes detailed in the SCAG are in that book. But if you are creating a character with both modules open you'll get the choice of all of the archetypes.

So in order to get this to work, material which was not included in the original Thule books would have to be added and that can't be done.

NotRussellCrowe
June 19th, 2016, 13:05
Thanks, Zacchaeus, that makes sense!

Trenloe
June 19th, 2016, 19:29
The classes there are complete but only the archetypes detailed in the SCAG are in that book. But if you are creating a character with both modules open you'll get the choice of all of the archetypes.
Couldn't that be done the same way here? If the GM has the PHB and Thule modules activated, couldn't they be "merged" like the PHB and SCAG? Or, is there some WotC limitation here? If there is a WotC restriction, then could the SRD and Thule be merged (i.e. data from both available together if both are opened) in a similar way to include just OGL material?

epithet
June 19th, 2016, 21:11
Can't the Cleric base class from the SRD be included under the OGL? If it is a problem to include the attribution and license to the Primeval Thule product (although it already uses the OGL,) it seems like it would be simple enough to create a stand-alone with the class options (with Sasquatch permission) and bundle it with the package, or make it available to everyone. The info in the free Primeval Thule Traveler's Guide could be thrown in to make it a promotional tool for the setting and Fantasy Grounds.

Zacchaeus
June 19th, 2016, 21:59
Couldn't that be done the same way here? If the GM has the PHB and Thule modules activated, couldn't they be "merged" like the PHB and SCAG? Or, is there some WotC limitation here? If there is a WotC restriction, then could the SRD and Thule be merged (i.e. data from both available together if both are opened) in a similar way to include just OGL material?

Can't the Cleric base class from the SRD be included under the OGL? If it is a problem to include the attribution and license to the Primeval Thule product (although it already uses the OGL,) it seems like it would be simple enough to create a stand-alone with the class options (with Sasquatch permission) and bundle it with the package, or make it available to everyone. The info in the free Primeval Thule Traveler's Guide could be thrown in to make it a promotional tool for the setting and Fantasy Grounds.

I don't have an answer but I will try to find out. Certainly Thule assumes the basic information in the SRD and all of the SRD classes has at least one Archetype. As I said though it would mean including all of the class information from the SRD in the actual Thule product for the merging to work - at the moment the classes in Thule were only par5ed as reference material rather than classes. For Thule itself I think this would only affect the Cleric since that seems to be the only class with an archetype. However I've just done a Player's Companion for Thule and there are several Archetypes in that which can't also be automated without the rest of the class information.

NotRussellCrowe
June 19th, 2016, 22:03
However I've just done a Player's Companion for Thule and there are several Archetypes in that which would can't also be automated without the rest of the class information.

Is this going to end up in the store? Are we getting more Thule content? :D

Zacchaeus
June 19th, 2016, 22:10
Is this going to end up in the store? Are we getting more Thule content? :D

Yes, and yes.

NotRussellCrowe
June 19th, 2016, 22:11
You've made my day. Thank you!

epithet
June 20th, 2016, 15:12
Drag-and-drop character building is really one of the more significant reasons to buy a product like the player's guide through the FG store, rather than the .pdf from drivethru. I hope y'all get everything sorted out before I start my Thule campaign - I'm not looking forward to having to par5e the classes myself after having already Kickstarted the thing with Fantasy Grounds included.

NotRussellCrowe
June 20th, 2016, 15:19
Hi, epithet.

I created 11 characters on Saturday in anticipation of a one-shot I'm going to run in July (or next week depending on my vacation schedule) and it was only the two Thule-specific cleric domains that were not drag and drop. The upcoming Player's Companion that Zacchaeus mentioned will have more things in there likely that you have to manually type but for the basic Thule campaign it's not that bad, at least I didn't mind typing it all up. I just asked in case I was missing a way to do it as I am fairly new to FG.

But I do agree that the drag and drop capabilities of FG is an awesome feature and I hope they can find a way around the licensing issues (or that's what I suspect the issue is).

Happy gaming!

Kelly

Zacchaeus
June 20th, 2016, 15:22
The only class affected in the Thule campaign book itself is the Cleric since there's a couple of new archetypes - so that would be the only class that would be missing the drag/drop feature. It is being thought about though so don't despair.

NotRussellCrowe
June 20th, 2016, 15:23
Zacchaeus, do you mean even in the Player's Companion it only impacts clerics? I haven't read it yet, only the campaign setting, so not sure what to expect from that. Definitely looking forward to more Thule!

Thanks for your help!!

Zacchaeus
June 20th, 2016, 16:27
No the Player's Companion contains many more archetypes.

kp9911
June 20th, 2016, 17:14
You could possibly just add in all the base text of the cleric class and the new domains from Thule via par5e. Then when you have this module open as well, you should see the new archtypes.

Zacchaeus
June 20th, 2016, 17:59
You could possibly just add in all the base text of the cleric class and the new domains from Thule via par5e. Then when you have this module open as well, you should see the new archtypes.

You could. But many users are unfamiliar with par5e.