PDA

View Full Version : Updating Error Checking Package files

computertrucker
June 18th, 2016, 20:41
Hey seeing if anyone might be able to help.

I just installed my key into Steam and figured I would check for any updates after i did
It starts downloading and i get to this and start getting errors and its not allowing me to get any further on the download

Checking package FDP4400FG2 for updates. Updating Modules/FDP4400FG-Counter-Collection-4th- ... The screen cuts off at that point.

Next line says
ERROR-GetPackageFiles: Network HTTP/1.0 500 Unal (once again cuts message off) but then says retrying..

Anyway not sure how to proceed of fix this. I was thinking of using steam to make the 5e PHB purchase today. Thought it may automatically download it into FG but i cant finish the FG updater.. Any help would be great.. thanks.

Zacchaeus
June 18th, 2016, 20:49
Make sure that the key is correct - then make absolutely sure that the key is correct. And that you have put it in the correct box.
Also make sure that your username and password are correct.
Make sure also that the data directory is pointing to a place where you have full read/write permission. And if you have purchases from Steam check the 'Check Steam for DLC' checkbox.

computertrucker
June 18th, 2016, 20:50
Ohh i got it set up on steam no problem. Just did a copy and paste... This is the Actual Fantasy Grounds Updater that is causing me issues.

computertrucker
June 18th, 2016, 20:50
some sort of package files fir counter collection is giving me an error

Zacchaeus
June 18th, 2016, 20:52
My advice was all about the FG settings in the FG Updater. Click on 'Settings' in the FG splash screen to see what I'm talking about. (I assume you know this and we are somehow talking at cross purposes).

computertrucker
June 18th, 2016, 20:53
FILE REQUEST
updating modules/FDP4400FG2-Counter-Collection-4th-Edition-Heroic1-Token-Pack.mod
ERROR - GetPackageFiles: Network: HTTP/1.0 500 Unable to connect
Retrying in 10 seconds

computertrucker
June 18th, 2016, 20:57
Trying logging in again

Nope didnt help 8( I can see this counter collection FDP4400FG2 as a previous purchase though

Zacchaeus
June 18th, 2016, 20:59
Another thought. Has your Key actually been registered with Steam? If you got your key from the FG store then it may take a few weeks before the key is registered with Steam.

computertrucker
June 18th, 2016, 21:00
I have had my key since 2010

computertrucker
June 18th, 2016, 21:01
just selected to turn off steam selector... still no dice its appparently something i bought off the regular store years ago... and its causing a conflict

Zacchaeus
June 18th, 2016, 21:01
Trying logging in again

Nope didnt help 8( I can see this counter collection FDP4400FG2 as a previous purchase though

The counter collection comes with FG, so what is happening is that it can't get to a basic file. So either your Key hasn't been registered or the information you have entered in settings is wrong and Steam can't connect up the dots. Probably.

Zacchaeus
June 18th, 2016, 21:04
You could also have a look in your ruleset folder (in FG/rulesets) and see if anything is odd with any .pak files and delete them. Look for anything that says part file or anything that is duplicated.

computertrucker
June 18th, 2016, 21:04
hmm ok... thank you... so many issues 8(

Zacchaeus
June 18th, 2016, 21:24
If you have held the key for that long then you may have to email [email protected] to get the situation resolved if you have never registered it with Steam until now.

damned
June 19th, 2016, 03:50
Delete the files that it is complaining about.
I suspect you are using your wifi connection and the connection isnt quite as stable as you think it is and its causing some data corruption.

Trenloe
June 19th, 2016, 05:53
Yeah, this doesn't appear to have anything to do with the FG key, but with FG not being able to get a stable connection to download data as part of the update (which you need to run even when purchasing from Steam).

What type of network are you on when you try to do the FG update?

The Fiery Dragon Games token module you're seeing the error for is not a base FG token pack but, as you say, is something additional you've purchased. I've just successfully updated this same product on my system OK so I don't think it is related specifically to this module. It is more than likely that this was the first module the update was trying to download when it encountered the error. Unfortunately, HTTP error code 500 is a bit of a general error code when the specific issue isn't obvious. Try it again, there may have been an issue with the FG update process when you were connected. If it works, great. If it still fails, please provide more info about your Internet connection.

computertrucker
June 19th, 2016, 22:41
ya i have tried everything 8( it cant seem to download that one file..I will post my entire patch note see if anyone can help.. if not i will try and email customer support to see whats up.. apparently its a token set i purchased years ago

computertrucker
June 19th, 2016, 22:45
Getting packages from FG server
Starting update check
Getting purchases from FG server
Checking package FantasyGroundsUpdater for updates
Checking package 3.5E for updates
Checking package 4E for updates
Checking package 5E for updates
Checking package 5E-addons for updates
Checking package CoreRPG for updates
Checking package FATECore for updates
Checking package general-addons for updates
updating portraits/FantasyPortraits.ppk
Checking package Numenera for updates
Checking package PFRPG for updates
updating rulesets/PFRPG.pak
Checking package SWK01 for updates
Checking package Utilities for updates
Checking package VortexGames for updates
Checking package FDP4400FG2 for updates
updating modules/FDP4400FG2-Counter-Collection-4th-Edition-Heroic1-Token-Pack.mod
Retrying in 10 seconds
Retrying in 10 seconds
Update check cancelled.

damned
June 19th, 2016, 22:49
Did you try deleting that file from your data directory on your computer?

computertrucker
June 19th, 2016, 22:49
Should I do a complete uninstall possibly?

computertrucker
June 19th, 2016, 22:50
Ive done a search for it on my computer and i am not finding it.. now when i go into settings for FG i see it in the purchased items..

computertrucker
June 19th, 2016, 22:51
its showing the FDP4400FG2 as a FG store Purchase

computertrucker
June 19th, 2016, 22:58
uninstall and reinstall didnt work... still doing it

damned
June 19th, 2016, 23:00
Uninstalling wont remove those files. Go into your data directory and locate that file and delete it. click on the folder icon on the upper right on the splash screen and then look for
modules/FDP4400FG2-Counter-Collection-4th-Edition-Heroic1-Token-Pack.mod

damned
June 19th, 2016, 23:24
Then you might try and delete content.dat - this is a large file so if you are downloading on your mobile data be aware of that.

computertrucker
June 19th, 2016, 23:37
ok will look for that file next..

computertrucker
June 19th, 2016, 23:42
wierd now i am getting a timing out message lol when it gets the beastiary

sigh

damned
June 19th, 2016, 23:47
Are you downloading on your mobile or mifi? If so you might have to wait till you are in a better reception area? Its downloading and encrypting data and it requires a stable connection or the data integrity will cause it to fail.

computertrucker
June 19th, 2016, 23:49
got past the beasiary.. but now its stuck on wizards theme... lol

computertrucker
June 19th, 2016, 23:49
on my 4g mifi which is fine to play games on.. i was playing some Guild Wars 2 a bit ago with almost no latency

computertrucker
June 19th, 2016, 23:53
just got past the wizards theme... I am gong to just let it keep running.. maybe watch some netflix as it does... will keep my fingers crossed and check back next week i may get through the house and I have fios there... if i am still having issues i could alway try then.

computertrucker
June 20th, 2016, 01:15
Well it got back to the same file i was originally having issues with and no dice its stuck there. Checked all my files and I am not seeing that file anywhere in the system. The only place I am seeing it is a previous purchase from the store when i check my settings? does anyone know if its an extra? or is that file part of the basic system. i do recall purchasing a token set years ago. So i am not sure if its part of the normal fantasy grounds files or that extra?

Moon Wizard
June 20th, 2016, 03:04
The current FG network engine does not handle errors very gracefully, which are very common especially on mobile connections. This is one of the primary reasons for the migration to Unity. I would suggest waiting until you are at a location where you can get a wired or at least a fixed wifi connection.

Regards,
JPG

computertrucker
June 20th, 2016, 03:10
Thats what i am figuring... Is there a ETA on the move over to Unity?

Moon Wizard
June 20th, 2016, 04:40
No announced timeline until we get closer. It's still at least 9 months out.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
June 20th, 2016, 05:02
Yep, your problem is related to issues downloading the larger FG files. Your list in post #18 shows two updated that work: Fantasy Portraits and the PFRPG ruleset. Both of these are small files (191KB and 17KB respectively) but as soon as the update tries to download any larger files there is a good chance that it will fail. As mentioned above, you're better off waiting until you are on a reliable network before you do an update to get all of your files up to the right version.

And, probably not a good idea to watch Netflix while you're doing an update that is having issues either! ;)

JohnD
June 20th, 2016, 15:43
Issue is your connection. You are probably dropping packets etc....

computertrucker
June 20th, 2016, 15:50
That's what everyone is saying. Which sucks and doesn't make a lot of since as I can stream movies off my mifi no problem. Download games off steam no problem. Play MMOs with little to no latency no problem.

But fantasy Grounds is so sensitive I can't make a small download.

I have down loaded 15gig games before with zero issues.