PDA

View Full Version : Just getting ready to puchase

Twister67
June 17th, 2016, 19:26
Have a quick question. Is it possible for players to have more than one Character? It wouldn't be unusual for my group of 3 players to have 2 characters each. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Griogre
June 17th, 2016, 19:28
Yes this is possible - a player can run as many characters as he owns - and there is no limit to how many characters a player can own.

Valarian
June 17th, 2016, 19:29
It is. Players can switch with a right-click on the portrait and Activate. The chat works for the currently active character. You can open either character sheet.

Zacchaeus
June 17th, 2016, 19:29
Hi Twister and welcome to FG and to the Community.

Yes, players can play as many character's as they are able to handle. They just select them from the PC dialog at the start of the game.

EDIT: Good grief ninja'd twice!

Twister67
June 17th, 2016, 19:32
Thanks for all the very quick responses.. remarkable ;-)

Andraax
June 17th, 2016, 22:50
Players can switch with a right-click on the portrait and Activate.

Actually, just clicking on the portrait will select the character in most rulesets. I recommend setting different dice colors for each character, so you can tell at a glance which character is currently active.

gqwebb
June 18th, 2016, 05:09
Welcome aboard best investment ever!

ddavison
June 18th, 2016, 05:20
Actually, just clicking on the portrait will select the character in most rulesets. I recommend setting different dice colors for each character, so you can tell at a glance which character is currently active.

Great tip. Different dice colors are key. It also let's you distinguish which character is doing which effects if you use any cones, cubes or circles on the maps.

hamaoka maya
June 18th, 2016, 08:39
Players can have more than one Character?

Until then I don't know

dulux-oz
June 18th, 2016, 10:12
Players can have more than one Character?

Until then I don't know

I cover that in my Video Tutorial series - you HAVE watched the series, haven't you? :p

ffujita
June 18th, 2016, 21:52
I cover that in my Video Tutorial series - you HAVE watched the series, haven't you? :p

You have a Video Tutorial Series? (ducks and runs away)

dulux-oz
June 19th, 2016, 11:13
You have a Video Tutorial Series? (ducks and runs away)

...but not fast enough to avoid getting a VHS tape to the back of his head!

LordEntrails
June 20th, 2016, 01:14
...but not fast enough to avoid getting a VHS tape to the back of his head!
BetaMax is superior...

Hecklerus Prime
June 20th, 2016, 03:50
It also let's you distinguish which character is doing which effects if you use any cones, cubes or circles on the maps.

Head's up, only the character that created the shape can alter the shape. Took us a few moments of frustration to figure that one out.

dulux-oz
June 20th, 2016, 04:38
Head's up, only the character that created the shape can alter the shape. Took us a few moments of frustration to figure that one out.

Again, covered in my Tutorial Video Series - which I've just additionally formatted into BetaMax (just for you Lord-E :p )

JohnD
June 20th, 2016, 11:50
Make the FG purchase. I think there's a sale sometime soon.