PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Answer

Elihu
June 16th, 2016, 22:10
Fellow DM's, I am still seeking an answer, my question is: Can I run a hardcover adventure piecemeal for Adventures League? For example I know that I can run Curse of Strahd as a whole for my players, but can I run the Amber Temple(e.g.) chapter 13 as a one shot AL session?

gmfox19
June 17th, 2016, 14:58
That is a good question. I have decided to run the 4 hour long AL adventures in two parts. I award XP to all player participating in the first part,of course. Then for the second, final session, I award XP, downtime days, and renown to participating players as per the adventure. I haven't seen any guidance on this otherwise, so this seems like the correct way to deal with this sort of thing.

Elihu
June 18th, 2016, 04:27
thank you,
but your answer has really nothing to do with my question. my question is: Can I run a hardcover adventure piecemeal. Im not talking about AL modules, I'm talking about hardcover modules for example Curse of Strahd. And only running the amber temple or only running the werewolf cave etc etc etc. One Shots.

gmfox19
June 18th, 2016, 10:37
Perhaps you should consult the experts at https://www.facebook.com/groups/adventurersleague/ maybe someone there can provide you with a more satisfactory answer. Cheers!

jamessmckay
June 18th, 2016, 18:36
In short yes you can run a chapter as a one shot. The al rules state that hard covers are legal. The issue with barovia though is that once you enter the only exit is either running a mod where you can exit, and/or defeat strahd. #AL_LC