PDA

View Full Version : Interest Check: One Hour Pathfinder Arena Games

DMReckless
June 16th, 2016, 19:47
Looking to see if there might be an interest in an hour-long arena-combat/dungeon-crawl style Pathfinder serial campaign.

The idea is to get a pool of players and whenever I have an hour to an hour and a half free coming ahead, I would post the game, and those who can show will see how far they can get in that hour-ish. Might fashion it a bit after X-Crawl (https://www.goodman-games.com/xcrawl.html) but with shorter crawls.

I have the ultimate license, so no need for additional ones.

I am EDT zone.

Nickademus
June 16th, 2016, 20:57
PvP, coop, or both?

DMReckless
June 16th, 2016, 21:42
I am thinking cooperative.

EDIT:I can't imagine pvp lasting an hour most of the time.

DMReckless
June 17th, 2016, 02:01
Update(crossposted on Paizo):
Interest Check: One Hour to Ascension

This is an interest check for a unique campaign.

This campaign will be played one hour at a time (as close as possible, anyway) over Fantasy Grounds. I have the Ultimate License so there is no need to purchase a license.

Each session of gameplay will last approximately 1 hour.

Core concept is that the PCs are taking tests towards Godhood.

So these will be challenging delve-style runs against Mythic and/or high CR creatures, environs, traps, etc.

Tristalt, Level 16, Mythic Tier 1, Paizo-only material, 30 point buy, Core or Featured races only, Automatic Bonus Progression WITH NO MAGIC ITEMS(5000gp to purchase items), Background Skills, Skill Unlocks, Stamina free for Fighters available to other classes with Feat, 1 feat per level instead of every other level, 1 extra mythic feat every mythic tier, gain any feat that only has a stat as a pre-requisite as a bonus feat if you meet that stat prerequisite (Dodge, Power Attack, Combat Expertise, etc.)

Given the complexity of creating such characters, I’ll try my best to find a time to run for anyone who submits a full work-up at least once.

I think what I’ll likely do is post a time I can run and then the first person who signs up for that time can say if they want help or want to run it solo, with the caveat that if you were the last person who got to play you automatically get bumped to “second” place in the next slot (ie the next player can decide if he/she wants your help, but if no one else signs up you can play again without having to worry about it.)

Characters completing the tests gain 1 level or mythic tier. Those who fail (and/or die) remain the same for their next test.

Players who want to do PVP may also schedule a time for that; I will set arena conditions and moderate. Winner advances, loser stagnates as with the other tests. I doubt PVP matches will last a full hour, but I could be surprised.

gaara6666
June 17th, 2016, 04:15
Very ponderous. PM sent

DMReckless
June 17th, 2016, 18:12
CORRECTION: The following feats are the ones that only have attributes as prerequisites: Artful Dodge, Brisk Spell, Careful Speaker[ISWG], Combat Expertise, Conviction, Cry Of Mercy, Distance Thrower[UC], Dodge, Drunkard's Recovery, Edge Runner, Flagbearer[ISWG], Fox Style, Ground-grabber, Inspirational Commander, Necromantic Affinity[ISWG], Nimble Moves, Patient Strike, Reach Defense, Scale And Skin, Secret Signs[ISWG], Spell Denial, Steadfast Mind, Twinned Feint[ACG], Two-handed Thrower[UC], Two-weapon Fighting, Voice Of The Sibyl[UM]

--------------------
Artful Dodge Gain +1 dodge bonus to AC vs. opponent only you threaten.
Brisk Spell Spell granting movement speed increases it by 10 ft. +0 Level.
Careful Speaker +2 bonus on some Bluff checks and some Will saves
Combat Expertise +/-1 Bonus to AC in exchange for an equal penalty to attack.
Conviction +2 to save DC when using objects that Vampires are averse to.
Cry of Mercy (1/day) (Su) For the remainder of the combat, stabilize all dying opponents and killing blows instead leave targets at -1 HP, stabilized.
Distance Thrower Reduce ranged penalties for thrown weapons by 2
Drunkard's Recovery Alcohol automatically stabilizes you
Edge Runner Move at full speed using Acrobatics to balance on narrow surfaces, do not become flat footed.
Flagbearer Grant bonuses to allies who see your flag.
Fox Style Feint and distract with martial training
Ground-Grabber +2 competence bonus to CMD for awesome blow, bull rush, drag, reposition and trip vs. larger foes.
Inspirational Commander Army you command gains +2 bonus on command checks.
Necromantic Affinity You resist necromantic effects and heal as if undead
Nimble Moves (5 ft/rd) Move through the listed amount of difficult terrain each rd as if it were normal terrain.
Patient Strike If ready an attack as a full-rd action, gain +2 to attack when triggered.
Reach Defense +2 dodge bonus to AC on AoO from foes not adjacent to you.
Scale and Skin When transmutation spell affects you, gain +1 or +2 to natural armor.
Secret Signs You can hide somatic components of spellcasting
Spell Denial (-Choose-) Gain +2 to save vs. chosen school of magic.
Steadfast Mind (-Choose-) If fail to cast spell of chosen attribute defensively, retain the spell (Will DC 15+spell level).
Twinned Feint As a std act, att feint vs. a foe in reach, if suc make an add feint vs. adj foe, -2 AC until next of turn.
Two-Handed Thrower Gain Str bonus when using two hands to throw a one or two-handed weapon
Voice of the Sibyl Gain bonus to Bluff, Diplomacy, and Perform (oratory) checks