PDA

View Full Version : [FGDaze] 5e - Into the Awaroth Woods

lesliev
June 16th, 2016, 16:06
Session Time: Saturday 25th June 2pm-5pm NEW ZEALAND TIME (server and Teamspeak will be available from 12pm to test voice and build characters).
If you're in another time zone see: https://everytimezone.com/#2016-6-25,-600,cn3
Calendar Link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2046
Number of Players: 3-5
Short Description: Lured by a scroll where the long dead sorcerer Urgaan boasts about treasures hidden in his tower, the party arrives at the outpost near the Awaroth Woods.
Text/Voice: Teamspeak - you must use a headset and mic. (server/instructions here: https://www.fg-con.com/information/teamspeak)
Game System: Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition
Genre: Fantasy
Newbie Friendly: Yes, the DM is a Newbie too!
Pre-requisites: Teamspeak and Fantasy Grounds Demo version.

If you only have the demo version, perhaps build your character in the two hours before the game while connected to the server, otherwise you won't have access to the easy drag-and-drop character building. I'll also have a few pre-built characters you can choose from.

Depending on the players, it could take longer than 3 hours to complete the scenario! It's hard to estimate game time. If we can't finish in 3 hours and everyone wants to continue the game, I'll schedule a follow-up session.

Important:

If you are completely new to DnD, you should familiarize yourself with the rules as much as you can - particularly the rules around the class you want to play. See the basic rules here (read up on the classes): https://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop/players-basic-rules
I'd like the game to be "all ages" friendly and I expect everyone to abide by the Adventurer's League code of conduct, which is part of the player's guide here: https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/events/adventurers-league-resources. Basically, be respectful.
If you are familiar with the scenario, please don't sign up. Join a future session instead - I'll give priority to new players.
On the day of the game I'll have the server running and Teamspeak set up two hours before we start - you can connect and build your character on my server if you like, and test out Teamspeak if you are not sure your mic setup is working. Even if you think Teamspeak is working, it's a good idea to connect early and test it out.
Don't sign up unless you are sure you can make it!

A few more details about the game:

Level: 1
Ability Scores: points buy or standard array
Equipment: Standard choices from the PHB
Class or Race restrictions: Any from the PHB (I don't have any expansion books)
Alignment restrictions: Any non-evil alignments

damned
June 17th, 2016, 13:14
This will be Friday evening in the US - late evening for some parts!
Wanna get a taste of 5e? Get in on this!

lesliev
June 17th, 2016, 13:17
Just a note: I am aiming the adventure at first level to make things simpler for newcomers. If we are all comfortable with it, I'll raise that to level 3 so the characters are more capable, that should make things a bit more interesting.

damned
June 17th, 2016, 13:30
In 5e even Lvl 1 PCs are pretty capable - just give them max HP - they only have to last 3-4hrs and if they go out fighting thats cool too :)

Fobok
June 18th, 2016, 20:27
After too long away from tabletop gaming (even online), I've been looking for a chance to try out both 5e and Fantasy Grounds, this seems the perfect chance. Count me in. :)

damned
June 19th, 2016, 04:17
Welcome Fobok! You might check some of the other games running that day/weekend for FGDaze too and try some other genres :)

siegleeagle
June 19th, 2016, 05:00
Hey guys I applied and would love to get in on this. Im new as well. Also what time would this be in eastern us?

damned
June 19th, 2016, 05:33
Enter your Timezone in your Profile settings and visit the Calendar link in the first post and it will show you the correct time. Additionally the TimeAndDate link in the first post will show you the time in over a hundred locations.

PadawanMac
June 19th, 2016, 09:32
i would love to join and will apply :D

lesliev
June 20th, 2016, 04:02
Ok, I've accepted everyone and we have a full house - that will make for an interesting group of characters!
Can you all PM me your email addresses so I can (reliably) message you all at once?

I've had a look and the adventure should be fine for a group of first level characters, so lets stay with level 1 characters to keep it simple.

@siegleeagle did you figure out the time in your zone? Follow the link: https://everytimezone.com/#2016-6-25,-600,cn3

siegleeagle
June 20th, 2016, 05:25
Yeah i did. Its 10 pm for me so thats perfect. Also i just pmed you with my email.

lesliev
June 20th, 2016, 22:58
Unless you have already, can everyone please tell me how much experience they have with:
1. DnD
2. 5th edition
3. Fantasy Grounds

I'm leaving FG up for the next 8 hours or so, in case anyone wants to start building their character with the PHB. Server details here:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2046

Fobok
June 20th, 2016, 23:19
1. On and off since the mid-90s. Mostly DMing solo games with a friend, but some group experience, including playing a year-and-a-half-long campaign with MapTools when 4e came out.
2. None
3. None

Fobok
June 21st, 2016, 04:02
I'm leaving FG up for the next 8 hours or so, in case anyone wants to start building their character with the PHB. Server details here:

Thanks for that! I'm not going to be able to be very early Friday night, maybe 20-30 minutes before the time max, so was able to figure out character creation today so I won't have to spend a lot of time on it then. :) (Not sure I got everything right, though, but should have time to do fixes that night still.)

lesliev
June 21st, 2016, 04:14
Cool, I'll take a look a bit later.

I'll try to leave FG up as much as possible this week so people can build their characters in advance. The Demo version doesn't even provide SRD data so building a character can be quite a laborious process unless you can connect to a server. The wild magic Sorcerer that @siegleeagle wants to play is not part of the SRD data either, so just went for it and bought the whole PHB yesterday.

Hector Trelane
June 21st, 2016, 05:25
Unless you have already, can everyone please tell me how much experience they have with:
1. DnD
2. 5th edition
3. Fantasy Grounds

For me, the answers are:
1. Medium amounts over the years, but last played 3.5
2. None
3. Lots

To improve on #2, I'll take a crack at making a 5e character now, then send it your way.

lesliev
June 21st, 2016, 13:33
By the way, if anyone wants to use the point buy system instead of the standard array when making their character, this website is quite useful: https://1d8.blogspot.co.nz/2014/04/point-buy-calculator-for-d-next-5e.html
You get 27 points to assign in 5th edition.

Hector Trelane
June 21st, 2016, 23:35
By the way, if anyone wants to use the point buy system instead of the standard array when making their character, this website is quite useful: https://1d8.blogspot.co.nz/2014/04/point-buy-calculator-for-d-next-5e.html
You get 27 points to assign in 5th edition.

Just used this method to create a character, posted here--Wood Elf Ranger (switched concepts since this was easier to create than a Bard). I think I got everything correct except I'm confused about the armor--I think I added that correctly by dragging it manually, but please double check. Equipment should be double-checked, too. For Background, I made a custom modification to "Soldier" and chose "Refugee". I need to fill in character background (and Favored Enemy and Environment--should be Forest). Quick background: he has some type of dark past, perhaps with a parent who did a dark deed (or got blamed for something). His home forest was burned out by an enemy and he has grown up as a refugee, quite distrusting and embittered. He wants revenge or at least restoration and justice, but there is none to be had. His people is destroyed and the remnants scattered.

Files for portrait and larger image to use in-game are attached, as well as my character XML.

lesliev
June 22nd, 2016, 02:32
Yeah, the AC calculation has to be entered manually.

Leather armor AC is 11+(full)dex modifier, so you put '1' in the Armor box and choose FULL under Dex. So your AC ends up being 15.
You put '1' because 10 is put in for you already, under 'Base'.

I'll attach a pic.

I've uploaded the character and portrait on the server and changed the AC.
I also put some of your items inside your Backpack - otherwise it looks good!

JimSocks
June 22nd, 2016, 17:19
I take it there is no room left for this run, which is a major disappointment :(

Not only is the time good (being a single father in CST time zone makes the little one asleep at that time which is a necessity) but I am dying to try a game in FG (preferably 5e too!)

The short nature of your game also fits the bill for a first timer like me.

I have some experience playing over a real tabletop with my cousins YEARS ago (I'm in my 30s now so it was about 15 years ago) and I have watched ALL of dulox-oz's tutorial videos to get a handle on the FG DM and Client sides, following along with an ultimate of my own. They have been a huge help.

However- I am having troubles actually getting into a game. I have applied to several, made sure to hit "yes" on the meet-ups, and sent a few PMs to the organizers (trying to ascertain if I am doing something incorrectly, or simply letting them know I applied in case the calendar system doesn't) to no avail, and to no replies.

To further complicate matters, I can find more than one calendar (three?) that list games, and they don't seem to match, AND they show the games in GMT+0 time, and even then they don't appear on the correct day... I've checked my settings which seem to be in order so I can't figure that problem out yet.

I'm starting to think that maybe
A. I am doing something wrong (highly probable)
B. The calendar interface is trickier than it looks to use (maybe?)
Or C. The community for FG isn't very accepting of newbs (unlikely, as these forums would suggest otherwise)

I am very excited to get into a game (I aspire to buy an ultimate forever license and do some DMing if it's as fun as the software looks to help make it!) but I am so far a bit downtrodden from my failed attempts to find a game like this one (which just seems like I rolled a natural 1 on my timing and missed this post when you were still LF players)

Will you be holding another of these runs soon (or is there actually still room for me in this one and I have jumped to conclusions)? Additionally, if you have any tips to increase my chances of being invited to a game I would love to hear them.

Thanks for your time and for suffering through my long post!

Hector Trelane
June 22nd, 2016, 17:42
I take it there is no room left for this run, which is a major disappointment :(

Not only is the time good (being a single father in CST time zone makes the little one asleep at that time which is a necessity) but I am dying to try a game in FG (preferably 5e too!)

The short nature of your game also fits the bill for a first timer like me.

Whaddya say lesliev? Can you add a seat for JimSocks? FG Daze is geared to allow new players such as JimSocks just such an opportunity to join. My suggestion: sometimes players cancel at the last minute, so having an extra signed up can work out just fine. And even if you get 100 percent attendance, it probably wouldn't slow things down too much to have another player. But it's your table, of course.

However- I am having troubles actually getting into a game. I have applied to several, made sure to hit "yes" on the meet-ups, and sent a few PMs to the organizers (trying to ascertain if I am doing something incorrectly, or simply letting them know I applied in case the calendar system doesn't) to no avail, and to no replies.

To further complicate matters, I can find more than one calendar (three?) that list games, and they don't seem to match, AND they show the games in GMT+0 time, and even then they don't appear on the correct day... I've checked my settings which seem to be in order so I can't figure that problem out yet.

I'm starting to think that maybe
A. I am doing something wrong (highly probable)
B. The calendar interface is trickier than it looks to use (maybe?)
Or C. The community for FG isn't very accepting of newbs (unlikely, as these forums would suggest otherwise)

I am very excited to get into a game (I aspire to buy an ultimate forever license and do some DMing if it's as fun as the software looks to help make it!) but I am so far a bit downtrodden from my failed attempts to find a game like this one (which just seems like I rolled a natural 1 on my timing and missed this post when you were still LF players)

JimSocks, take heart, just stick to it. Several things here: first, there are a lot of absentee calendar postings. I've applied to games too and gotten no responses. It's just a GM backing out or losing focus without cleaning up their calendar post.

For the proper display of times so the GMT time is converted to your local time, there are two things to say:

In the calendar view, times are always listed in GMT +0 time. This is a known issue that the devs haven't addressed yet. No way to fix it, just be aware.
However, your local time will list correctly on the individual event page view IF you've set your timezone correctly in your profile. If you're NOT seeing your local time, you can click "change" in the "Scheduled play times" box on the right hand side of the screen where it says, "All time are [TIMEZONE]". Doing so will take you to the proper screen in your profile ("General Settings page) where you can specify your "Date & Time Options" (second from the bottom).

JimSocks
June 22nd, 2016, 18:04
Wow Hector, thanks for the fast reply!

I will get as prepared as I can in the event I get lucky and make it in. If I create a character on my own machine – I can simply import it into the GM's campaign once I enter correct?

Aside from that, I need to make sure my team speak is in working order.

Thanks for your insight into the calendars – I hadn't considered that GM's might abandon their own postings!

Once again, thank you for your reply and I'll keep my fingers crossed that I can find a game soon.

JimSocks
June 22nd, 2016, 19:37
Ok I have created a character, Dazzle, a Rock Gnome Warlock (I wanted to go forest gnome but it wasn't a listed option for me in FG)

I did the best I could but there were a few areas I wasn't sure about. First, the fields for special move/defenses I left empty because I wasn't sure they applied to me. Second- I found no feats within FG to choose from, so those aren't there. Next, there wasn't a pick-menu for Deity so I wrote one in, and I had no clue what to put in for faction. I chose my spells and cantrips, but was unsure of how to assign them to spell slots or even if that was necessary for now.

Some background story:
Dazzle used to be a study of a more noble deity, but Darien, the leader of his organization went mad and sought to have the faithful commit mass suicide in the name of their god. Darien and his fanatics, when met with opposition to this idea, decided those who would not go voluntarily would indeed go anyway, and much of the town was set ablaze. When Dazzle's wife Dala openly refused, Darien killed her himself. Darien opted not to commit suicide in the end even though hundreds did, and he persuaded his most loyal followers to go with him on a crusade to "enlighten" the rest of the world. Dazzle's pleas for strength and revenge fell on deaf ears to his god, but someone had indeed heard them. There, in his darkened heart beckoned The Fiend- who promised him what he desired in exchange for his worship. Dazzle agreed, and as he pulled himself from the ashes of a town he once called home, he set out to find the road that would lead him to find within himself the great power he would need to avenge those he loved most.

I have also attached a couple of maybe-useful pictures, and my xml file I exported for review should I be accepted.

lesliev
June 22nd, 2016, 22:54
Hi Jim!

Thanks for your interest!

I did specially hold open a place for a new player for several days, so it's just bad luck. But I do plan on running a few of these one-shots in the coming weeks. I was going to start on Friday but noticed it was close enough to FGDaze to compete for players so I decided it to take part in the event instead.

I'm going to say no for this game, unfortunately, because I think the current balance is good and there are a lot of new people. I want to keep the game moving.
But I have imported your character and you are welcome to connect to the server to refine it - the reason you don't have as many options as in the PHB is that you only have access to the SRD data. If you connect, you'll have the full PHB and can choose Rock Gnome etc. If someone does cancel, you can play.

The server is currently running and connection details are here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2046

Spell slots: no you don't assign them now. You choose a slot when you actually cast a spell.

If you don't get in on this game, there will be another one soon and I will give priority to people who haven't played before in future games, so just keep trying.

lesliev
June 22nd, 2016, 22:56
@JimSocks: do add yourself to the calendar entry, I'll leave you there as Pending for now: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2046

damned
June 22nd, 2016, 23:01
Hey JimSocks in addition to HectorTrelanes comments I will add - especially for one-shots - try something different. I know 5e is what most of us want to play most of the time but there are some really good games running with different systems and different genres and one shots are perfect to experience these in. HectorTrelane is running an excellent Deadlands Noir adventure which is a very different setting to D&D and a whole lot of fun.

lesliev
June 22nd, 2016, 23:01
@Tenabrae, @siegleeagle, @BDaniel you can connect to the server and build your character in advance with the full PHB if you like - I am keeping it running over the next few days. If we have at one more character pre-built, we only have to do 2 on the day of the game.

JimSocks
June 23rd, 2016, 00:53
Hey thanks for the replies gentlemen- and I'll do just that!

I have signed up on the calendar and as soon as I follow the link you provided I'll take a peek at tweaking my character with the added PHB data.

I'm gonna take a peek at the Noir event Damned, as anything to get into the action would be great :)
Now if I could just get TeamSpeak to run on my computer I'd be golden! I should be able to either figure that problem out or run it on my mac downstairs and use two computers to play essentially.

EDIT: I followed the link to the connection details but that just took me to the calendar entry. Are the connection details shown there and I am just not seeing them?

EDIT 2: It does say "Discussion and announcements available to active members of the campaign only." at the bottom- could this be why because I am only "pending"?

BDaniel
June 23rd, 2016, 01:23
@ lesliev sent you a PM.
@ jimsocks hang in there, things have a way of working themselves out.

lesliev
June 23rd, 2016, 02:15
@JimSocks: yes, sorry, I didn't realise the server details aren't shown to "pending" players. I'll switch you to active.

Hector Trelane
June 23rd, 2016, 02:17
Hi Jim!

Thanks for your interest!

I did specially hold open a place for a new player for several days, so it's just bad luck. But I do plan on running a few of these one-shots in the coming weeks. I was going to start on Friday but noticed it was close enough to FGDaze to compete for players so I decided it to take part in the event instead.

I'm going to say no for this game, unfortunately, because I think the current balance is good and there are a lot of new people. I want to keep the game moving.
But I have imported your character and you are welcome to connect to the server to refine it - the reason you don't have as many options as in the PHB is that you only have access to the SRD data. If you connect, you'll have the full PHB and can choose Rock Gnome etc. If someone does cancel, you can play.

The server is currently running and connection details are here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2046

Spell slots: no you don't assign them now. You choose a slot when you actually cast a spell.

If you don't get in on this game, there will be another one soon and I will give priority to people who haven't played before in future games, so just keep trying.

lesliev, I think this is the point at which I'm honor-bound to yield my seat to the new player. Feel free to hold out my chair for JimSocks. I am glad to have worked through 5e character creation and can keep the Elf Ranger in the on deck circle until you run it another time.

JimSocks you're still very welcome to join my Deadlands Noir game, which will be the following morning, if your schedule and fatherhood permits you to.

lesliev
June 23rd, 2016, 05:11
Alright. BDaniel also offered his spot to JimSocks but the problem there is that we lose our only front-line (Fighter) character - unless JimSocks wants to play Edmund.

So this is a reasonable solution: we keep BDaniel and JimSocks, and have Hector join the next game.

Thanks for that Hector.

JimSocks
June 23rd, 2016, 06:00
Well Hector and BDaniel, you both are obviously generous men of character. Were we in person, I'd buy the first round for you both.

BDaniel, I may actually get to buy you one in-game it would seem. Seriously- thanks to you both. I am excited to see the FG software in action!

As for the noir game Hector, I will have to take another look at the time (all the maths make me feel dumb... I thought THIS game was 11pm Friday my time but I think it's actually midnight instead due to daylight savings time making me GMT-5 and not GMT-6? Hopefully I still have that right too.) If the noir game runs into the daytime here I would be out of luck to play it, as an 11 month old survives solely off daddy's attention lol

damned
June 23rd, 2016, 06:13
JimSocks please go into your profile and settings and set your timezone and tell it to adjust for Daylight Savings (if you are in an area that observes DST) and the Calendar will show for you correctly.

JimSocks
June 23rd, 2016, 13:34
Damned,

Already did that when I set up my account, but I have little trust in the time it says on the calendar or event listing only because there was an event listed as "Tue 7pm CST" right in the title, but the calendar showed it on Wednesday at 2pm, and the event listing showed it at a different time which wasn't 7pm and didn't even add up to the calendar when you did the math from GMT+0! This essentially meant if you took the time right in the title into account there were three totally different times listed for the event. So for now anyways I have been relying on my own math. I would be upset to miss a meet-up by an entire hour because of confusion!

Fobok
June 23rd, 2016, 17:29
Australia also has a CST time zone. I've sometimes seen it written as ACST, but I've noticed some Australians simply call it CST still. So, that's likely what happened in that case. :) Also, they may have rescheduled the event on the calendar while forgetting to change the title.

JimSocks
June 24th, 2016, 02:05
This will be Friday evening in the US - late evening for some parts!
Wanna get a taste of 5e? Get in on this!

This was my initial math too, I originally thought it was 11pm, but after taking daylight savings into account I think it's midnight instead. I just looked at the calendar entry however (that states all times are in CST which is my timezone) and now it says it takes place at 9pm Friday?

I checked my profile settings and they are still the same as when I created my forum account, CST and daylight savings checked... so what could be happening here? Is my math just absurdly bad?

Fobok
June 24th, 2016, 03:50
It shows as 10pm Eastern time, so yeah, 9pm central would fit.

JimSocks
June 24th, 2016, 04:23
Thanks Fobok. 9pm is even better for me, unless you think like I did and almost show up at midnight! I am excited it's 9pm- that's an excellent time actually.

There HAS to be a slicker way to run the event calendar. A client-based calendar that was actually accurate and without conflicting information would be the most ideal situation. Imagine clicking "find game" right above "join game" and being shown a calendar in your time zone with much more intuitive and robust features.

As a total newcomer, I can honestly say that finding games that fit your work/home life situation is tough enough, it really doesn't need to be exasperated by a confusing and sometimes downright misleading browser-based system. I apologize if a creator of the calendar system as it stands sees this gripe, but honestly even he (or she) should probably be well aware of the system's glaring shortcomings already. Perhaps that person is in a place where they can take action and effect change, which is what should occur for the improved health of the entire virtual tabletop FG franchise community in my opinion. Finding applicable games should be more intuitive and user-friendly- and what better way than with client-level integration?

damned
June 24th, 2016, 04:34
Hi JimSocks there are two links on the first post of this thread - one to an external site and one to the Calendar. Both are showing at the correct time for me and for others.
I do something similar when I post my one-shots and everyone that has filled out their profile correctly is shown the correct time and the same time on both systems.
You might notice that there is not a huge inundation of posts saying the Calendar told me the wrong time.

JimSocks
June 24th, 2016, 04:53
You're right, I do notice that.
It makes me wonder why mine is so crazy... My settings are set correctly (I've quadruple-checked!)

You have to admit, a well-implemented client based game-finding/game-listing mechanic would surely not be an unwelcome feature. Right?

lesliev
June 24th, 2016, 08:21
@JimSocks where are you? Are you sure you're UTC-6 right now?
According to https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/cst, most places on CST are currently on CDT which is UTC-5.

Are you in Saskatchewan?

lesliev
June 24th, 2016, 08:48
@JimSocks where are you? Are you sure you're UTC-6 right now?
According to https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/cst, most places on CST are currently on CDT which is UTC-5.

Are you in Saskatchewan?

JimSocks
June 24th, 2016, 13:20
Yeah I am GMT -5 right now due to Daylight Savings Time (which was why I thought midnight after having thought I was 11pm due to GMT-6)

I am in St. Louis, MO. which is CST (but is CDT right now, or -5)

Honestly I am awful at doing timezone calculations... which is sad considering my entire job revolves around world travel.

damned
June 24th, 2016, 13:45
You're right, I do notice that.
It makes me wonder why mine is so crazy... My settings are set correctly (I've quadruple-checked!)

You have to admit, a well-implemented client based game-finding/game-listing mechanic would surely not be an unwelcome feature. Right?

95% of games are never advertised on the Calendar. They are between existing groups and they have no need for the calendar.
The remaining games are advertised when and where and how the GMs want to advertise them. Some GMs love the calendar and others want something different.
A well populated Calendar (with lots of vacancies) is great for new players but typically a game will be advertised and will fill up and will no longer use the Calendar.
A calendar full of games that have no vacancies is also no help to someone looking for a game either.
The Calendar works - it could be better - it could have better notifications, it could auto archive games with no Calendar activity, but it does work, it does do Timezone conversions well, it allows you to vote on times, it has public and private information etc.
I use it for advertising/recruiting One Shots but I dont use it (anymore) for campaigns as I have a group of players already.

A client based tool could work well but most games that do that are games that people jump into *now* while RPGs usually involve a lot of organising, negotiation, last minute changes (kinda like Shadowrun missions) etc and this process often takes many days or weeks... A client based tool would mean that you couldnt check it on your tablet or phone or at your work desk etc. So there are downsides to it too.

Yeah I am GMT -5 right now due to Daylight Savings Time (which was why I thought midnight after having thought I was 11pm due to GMT-6)

I am in St. Louis, MO. which is CST (but is CDT right now, or -5)

Honestly I am awful at doing timezone calculations... which is sad considering my entire job revolves around world travel.

Your timezone doesnt change. You are still in Central. The offset changes based on the time of year if your location observes Daylight Savings. Keep it set at Central. So you still select CST in the TimeZone and you choose Automatically Adjust DST Settings.

Fobok
June 24th, 2016, 21:50
Ok, I know it's still a few hours yet, but will the teamspeak info be posted before the event, or do we connect and find out the server then?

lesliev
June 24th, 2016, 22:00
The weird thing is that when I go to the calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2046), it says JimSocks is at UTC-6. So either he's picked the wrong time zone, or DST is not set, or there's some bug showing the wrong time zone for him. Yet, UTC-5 is showing for Hector, BDaniel, siegleeagle, Fobok and Ateaxeate. What are all their settings set to?

This makes me wonder about Tenabrae - are you sure about the start time? If you're in UTC-5 as it says, the game starts at 9pm, but if you're really at UTC-6, its 8pm.

I find this site to be most useful: https://everytimezone.com/#2016-6-25,-600,cn3
(but it doesn't work well on a mobile)

lesliev
June 24th, 2016, 22:01
Here are my settings:

Fobok
June 24th, 2016, 22:05
Yet, UTC-5 is showing for Hector, BDaniel, siegleeagle, Fobok and Ateaxeate. What are all their settings set to?

My time is set to GMT - 5 (Eastern Time), with DST accounted for. Both the calendar and the everytimezone link shows 10pm for me.

DST really screws me up, every single time, so I usually just trust things like that calendar rather than trying the math myself. :)

lesliev
June 24th, 2016, 22:46
TeamSpeak server information is here: https://www.fg-con.com/information/teamspeak

I've created the channel under Game Channels > D&D5E > [FGDaze] Awaroth Woods.
The password is the same as the FG password listed here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2046

damned
June 25th, 2016, 00:57
JimSocks Ive just realised that the new default view for the FG Calendar (all events view not individual) doesnt show games in your TZ by default. It is a new view of the calendar that is being tested. It is more friendly to see what is on what day etc but it doesnt do your TZ for you. The old calendar view - and when you go into a games details page (where you actually sign up) - shows the time according to the TimeZone and DST settings in your profile. So doublecheck you have your TZ to -5 and the Offset to Automatic and then view the direct calendar and it should be correct. If its not can you post a screenie of your settings as Fobok did and also a screenie of what this page shows as: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2046
Thanks!

BDaniel
June 25th, 2016, 06:29
Lesliev,
Great time and great party. Thank you for the adventure. Worgs, spiders, werebears,and a hill giant chasing a group of not so good guys. A collapsing tower, this all made a interesting time.

SF
BDaniel

Hector Trelane
June 25th, 2016, 06:35
Lesliev,
Great time and great party. Thank you for the adventure. Worgs, spiders, werebears,and a hill giant chasing a group of not so good guys. A collapsing tower, this all made a interesting time.

SF
BDaniel

Sounds like great fun. Hope to jump in a future run!

Fobok
June 25th, 2016, 06:44
Yes, that was a lot of fun! I'm sorry if my shyness was a bit too much, but I started to relax more as the game went on. I didn't really do a good job portraying my character, unfortunately. Too many years away from tabletopping, had a hard time speaking up. But I hope this will be the first of a lot of practice to come. :-)

Thank you so much for letting me take part. It was fantastic. :-)

JimSocks
June 25th, 2016, 06:45
Yeah it was great!

This was my 1st time using the software, and playing 5E, and playing D&D at all in 15 years. Tonight's one-shot sealed the deal for me and I picked up an Ultimate License. Very powerful software- and Lesliev wielded it well (a big thanks again Lesliev!)

Bdaniel you brought that barbarian to life which added plenty of spice, but watch that ale intake. I worry about you. ;)

Hector, thanks for being gracious and giving me your seat! I was feeling pretty discouraged from my earlier attempts to get accepted to a game, and you made it happen for me.

I am sure I'll see you all again :)

lesliev
June 25th, 2016, 09:04
Yeah! Thanks everyone for a super fun time. I always love the unpredictable moments in D&D, that's what make it great - and Hill Giant event was a great one.

Do PM me any constructive criticism, I'd love to improve as a DM.