GorillaRemix
June 15th, 2016, 21:42
FG License: I have ultimate, so players need at least demo
Game System: D&D 5th edition

Time Zone: Pacific Time, US
Day of week and time: Thursdays, starting at 7pm (
If new game, planned start date: June 30th
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: Long running if desired, otherwise it will be short (finishing the main quest)

Text or Voice: Text (in character), Voice (out of character/optional)
Voice software used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: depends on the players
Number of Players in game & needed: 5 in game, none are needed
Character starting level & equipment: 3rd level with starting equipment
Character restrictions: no homebrew classes or races

Tiny Synopsis: "A tiefling army has invaded and conquer a village belonging to the nation, Argentum, bringing their life of peace to a sudden halt. The silver dragon king has put out word that he wants reform his long disbanded army. The king also requested that his generals return from retirement by ordering their former lieutenants to bring them back."

Hello there, I'm a newish GM, I've only the done the Lost Mines of Phandelver campaign with a couple of my friends, face to face. This is the first homebrew campaign that should run more than 3 sessions, usually they fall off due to life's obligations. I’m not great with roleplaying, so for now texting is used for communicating in game and voice is out of character. Based on the synopsis it will be a fantasy genre style game, I know its generic, but I'm still kind of new to this thing.

We'll start with a session to flesh out characters and maybe intros to characters and how all they met. I do not like the starting cliché of taverns and prisons.

Campaign is full, but add me on discord GorillaRemix#8121 if there are dropouts, no shows, or future campaigns.

wogle
June 16th, 2016, 00:36
I'm interested in this. I have two character concepts I'm wanting to try, depending on how tongue-in-cheek you want to be:

1) A CN human cleric who claims to be a doctor, but is horrible at it ("every human's heart is located somewhere unique", "My diagnosis? This is gross!") and is only successful in being a healer from his magic. I'd avoid treating PCs "incorrectly", because it's a game and that's no fun for other players, but NPCs will probably have a suspiciously high rate of medical complications resulting in death and death-like symptoms under his care. (Intended skill proficiency will intentionally not include medicine, but instead have persuasion and bluff.) Concept inspired by Dr Leo Spaceman, look him up if you want a laugh.

2) A young half-elven fighter (possibly ranger) who joined the military to escape the life of poverty/crime destined for most prostitute's children. He wants two things: a sense of belonging from being part of something larger than himself, and to make enough money that he can get his mom out of the world's oldest profession (which he will be super sensitive about). He'll be a kid, so pretty naive. Not sure on alignment, thinking TN at first with creeping towards wherever the party pushes him. This concept is the safer bet, as non-casters are usually simpler to play, and being 'the new kid' lessens the chance of preexisting personality traits leading to inter-party conflict.

About me: I'm brand new to Fantasy Grounds, but I used to RP a lot about twelve years ago, mostly online (WebRPG and OpenRPG, if you remember those applications). It's been about five years since I've done anything, though, and I'm brand new to 5th edition (used to play 2nd and 3rd edition, never got to 3.5 or 4e). I mostly want to play to get the feel for the new edition and have some fun, and I'm ok with serious campaigns as long as we can crack the occasional joke.

What timezone is that 7PM supposed to be in? MDT?

damned
June 16th, 2016, 01:57
Welcome GorillaRemix and wogle.

danni2404
June 16th, 2016, 02:44
How do I sign up man?

creepyfreak
June 16th, 2016, 08:31
If you need a body still I'm interested, not quite sure what I'd play yet though

GorillaRemix
June 16th, 2016, 19:14
The time zone is PDT and if you want to join I'll send a PM with server details for the game (and discord server if you wish to join). Still pretty new to all this so please bear with me.

Scuro
June 18th, 2016, 00:30
depending on session length im interested, more then 3 hours id have to pass being a week day and all

EbolaFever
June 18th, 2016, 07:49
Greetings,
I'd be willing to play on the 30th. I work nights as a RN, so my schedule fluctuates week to week. However, if I know is advanced or if this becomes a campaign that lasts I can choose not to work
On specific nights in the future.

Timezone: PDT
Experience: novice. Previously I played about 7hrs of games using Roll20 software playing D&D 5th Ed.
PC ideas: 1) a Elf of Dwarf wizard (LG)
2) Human Fighter (CG)
3) halfling rouge (undecided)

jwrightFANTASYG
June 23rd, 2016, 01:59
PM sent - if you still have a seat open at the table. :D

Ttocs Sivart
June 23rd, 2016, 02:25
If there is still room I would be interested, Thursday is a good DnD night. I have a Rogue, Ranger, and Fighter that I managed to get to level 3 before their campaigns fizzled out that would be fun to keep going with.

DeadlySecret
June 23rd, 2016, 17:25
I have never played 5e but I'm willing to give it a shot. If you're still looking for a player, let me know. I am a Pathfinder GM

jrworden
June 23rd, 2016, 17:48
I would very much like to join since this sits perfectly with my scheduale.

Rahve
June 24th, 2016, 23:16
Sending PM as well. Schedule fits fine for me. Reliable player with interesting characters.