PDA

View Full Version : Working between PC's whilst travelling

_JackDoor_
June 15th, 2016, 17:31
Hello everyone,

So I've moved all my files over to my laptop whilst I'm away from my main PC, and the module im working on all the links in the Maps have disappeared as well as some other minor issues within the adventure.
I've allocated them all back in place whilst I continue to add to the module, but is there a better way of moving files without this issue? Like maybe exporting as a module or something?

Thank you.

Moon Wizard
June 15th, 2016, 18:18
Make sure that you are moving over the entire folder for each module and campaign that you are using. The only reason that links typically disappear is if something has changed, such as the link path, module name or image file names.

Regards,
JPG

_JackDoor_
June 15th, 2016, 20:49
Right okay, not sure what I did wrong during the transfer but I shall watch out for it next time.

Thanks!

Trenloe
June 15th, 2016, 20:55
How did you transfer the files over? A manual copy, or did you use some form of cloud sync application (DropBox, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive, etc.)?

_JackDoor_
June 15th, 2016, 21:06
Google drive by taking my fantasy grounds folder, and copying that into it (also making a kind of back up).

Trenloe
June 15th, 2016, 21:12
Did you point either of your computer's FG data directory directly at the Google drive folder?

If so, this may explain why you had the issues mentioned in post #1. The FG community has had a few instances of FG data getting corrupted when users store their FG live data on a cloud sync location. The FG live data is constantly being updated by the FG app and sync applications struggle with keeping up-to-date with the changes - at best your copy might miss something, at worst it might corrupt the base data.

_JackDoor_
June 15th, 2016, 21:19
Right okay, think ill store it on my thumb drive from now on then if this is the case and carry it with my keys.

yasu-sakai
June 20th, 2016, 11:41
Your mobile hard disk or network drive to transfer files using