PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Tyranny of Dragons Campaign

John Hansen
June 15th, 2016, 06:21
I'm looking for a group running the Tyranny of Dragons book campaign. I'd be starting as a level 1. I'd prefer to join a new group starting at the beginning of the adventure. I am looking for a DM willing to start a group, or an active group that is starting a new campaign.

friendrm
June 15th, 2016, 15:47
I would like to join this game. I am new to 5e and fantasy grounds, and want to make sure that the LMoP and AL Season 1 games that I am DMing are correct as far as the 5e mechanics go. Since I am new to FG, I am in the free trial of the Ultimate Subscription, so I don't know what restrictions are on me for this trial month, but I spent a couple hours yesterday building a great Cleric for a ToD campaign.

John Hansen
June 15th, 2016, 17:33
I am still looking for a DM, so if you know anyone with an Ultimate Licensee who is willing DM, let me know. Otherwise, if we start a campaign, I'll let you know.

friendrm
June 15th, 2016, 18:02
I am still looking for a DM, so if you know anyone with an Ultimate Licensee who is willing DM, let me know. Otherwise, if we start a campaign, I'll let you know.

It's not so much the ultimate license as the ToD license, I think. I'd be happy to DM if, I were more familiar with the campaign and not trying to iron out the 5e mechanics... Here's to hoping we both find what we want out of this. :rv:

OldJarhead
June 16th, 2016, 22:27
I would be interested in this also. I am VERY new to FG and getting re-familiarized with D&D.

Wazoodust
June 17th, 2016, 00:21
I would be willing to DM some of this for you to get your feet wet and accustomed to FG and 5E, I have all the modules so if you're just wanting to learn how to play in FG, I can work something out for you.
I'm starting ToD with a group that's already set on Tuesdays, it will be streamed on twitch, if you'd like to watch that it would help you gather an idea of how things work. I know one of the players streaming it will be rob2e on twitch, don't remember the other ones name there ATM.
If you want to put together a small group for a few weeks to learn FG and 5E, Monday evenings would be best for me, probably around 6PM EDT. Shoot me a PM and we'll see what may happen

Wazoodust
June 17th, 2016, 00:22
double posted, sorry

friendrm
June 17th, 2016, 02:46
I would be willing to DM some of this for you to get your feet wet and accustomed to FG and 5E, I have all the modules so if you're just wanting to learn how to play in FG, I can work something out for you.
I'm starting ToD with a group that's already set on Tuesdays, it will be streamed on twitch, if you'd like to watch that it would help you gather an idea of how things work. I know one of the players streaming it will be rob2e on twitch, don't remember the other ones name there ATM.
If you want to put together a small group for a few weeks to learn FG and 5E, Monday evenings would be best for me, probably around 6PM EDT. Shoot me a PM and we'll see what may happen

Thank you! This sounds good for me, and as long as the OP agrees, I think this would be a perfect solution. I don't need or want a long campaign, 3-4 sessions is ideal for me. As a DM, I just want to get the gist of some of the finer points, if and when they come up.

Where should I go to see your ToD sessions on twitch? Link?

I call Cleric! Lol. I already have one built for this purpose.

Wazoodust
June 17th, 2016, 04:39
Let's get an answer from Luke first and see what happens from there. he's the on that started this idea