PDA

View Full Version : Effects Syntax

Jonbens
June 15th, 2016, 03:54
Hi. I was curious 1) if anyone knows of, or has created them selves a list of the different commands and syntax for writing up different conditions/effects. and...
2) if I wanted to add regenerate to an effect would I just write 'Regeneration 1 silver' (silver being the limiting factor for the power), or Regenerate 1 silver. Also is there a colon after regeneration? Thanks for any help with this.

jshauber
June 15th, 2016, 04:08
Go here and get a fairly complete list of all the effects for PF along with syntax. If anything isn't listed just follow the syntax guidelines to make it yourself.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/3.5E_Effects

Trenloe
June 15th, 2016, 04:58
1) And there's a sticky thread at the top of this very sub-forum called "Effects Library".

2) Referencing the Wiki page linked by jshauber, you could use REGEN: 1 silver

Sasmira
June 15th, 2016, 10:18
Hello,

I would like to know if we have an effect for the "bypass" effect ...
for exemple, When I create a script for a "Smith Evil" i can't add that the "Smite Evil" bypass all DR or when an Archer with Clustered Shot can't create a script with : all arrows after the first, can bypass the DR ...

S.

Moon Wizard
June 15th, 2016, 18:20
There are no effects currently that bypass DR for any of the D&D rulesets.

Regards,
JPG

darrenan
June 15th, 2016, 18:32
Adding "DMGTYPE: spell" will allow damage to bypass DR. This will work for Smite, but not Clustered Shots. In the general case, the GM just needs to toggle the DR effect on and off as appropriate.

Nickademus
June 15th, 2016, 23:00
For clustered shot, it is easier for the player to make a damage action of 5, 10 and 15 (spell damage) to hit the creature with for each time the DR should be bypassed, a.k.a. each shot after the first. Much easier than the GM finding the creature in the combat tracker.

Jwguy
June 16th, 2016, 14:20
If you go the DMGTYPE: route, there's also the player effect removal extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21546-Player-Effect-Removal-Extension) which will allow your players to add and remove the effect when necessary.

Sasmira
June 16th, 2016, 16:22
thx for your help :)

my macros are :

SELF/ALL
Smite Evil; DMGTYPE: spell;IFT: ALIGN (evil);ATK:xxx;DMG:xxx;AC:xxx
REMOVE:Smite Evil; DMGTYPE: spell;IFT: ALIGN (evil);ATK:xxx;DMG:xxx;AC:xxx

SELF/ROLL
Smite Evil (Draconic, Undead, Outsider);DMG:xxx
REMOVE:Smite Evil (Draconic, Undead, Outsider);DMG:xxx