June 15th, 2016, 03:54
FG License: Steam Purchase

Time Zone: US Central

Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Any day after 5:30 pm local

Voice: Have TS can install others

Game System Preferred: D&D 5E

Game System Experience: Still learning 5E, have limited experience with it

Fantasy Grounds Experience: Still looking for 1st adventure

Character Type Preferred: At the moment, basic Human Fighter. Trying to piece together a Paladin and Ranger

About me:
Last played AD&D while in the Marine Corps over 30 years ago. Transferred to a new Duty Station and got out of it. Probably still have my books (PHB, MM, DMG) somewhere in attic or garage! Kinda a tech noobie, I do play some WoT and WoWS, I recently started watching YouTube vids and saw some on Roll20 and FG D&D gaming and remembered how fun it was to RP and game with friends.

Would really like to find a group to join and create some characters and watch them (and the group) grow and mature (and die!) together. I am not a take over the group type player, I don't argue with the DM, he (or she) makes the call and that is it! Not a fanatical role player, but once it gets going I can get into it and enjoy it. I am currently involved with two groups on Roll20, both have had one game and I enjoyed them both, not sure if I will stay with them, waiting on a second session to see how they will pan out. Kinda like a second date I guess.

I hope to hear from a DM or someone putting a group together. I have applied via the game calendar, but I have not heard from anyone through that portal.

Thanks in advance for any considerations.

JohnD
June 15th, 2016, 04:03
Hey welcome. In general the advice is to post your interest in a DM's recruiting thread. Especially for 5e most DMs don't go to the players; the players go to the DM.

Also, don't close yourself off from other rulesets - Castles & Crusades for example will be very close in feel and style to what you remember from 30+ years ago.

damned
June 15th, 2016, 06:42
Andraax has room I think in his Tuesday evening C&C game for one more...