PDA

View Full Version : Deadlands One-Shot, Saturday 6/18, 3-7PM EDT

Black Hammer
June 14th, 2016, 17:22
EDIT: Had to move game to the following week, as I will not have working internet on the 18th. Can't edit the thread title, unfortunately. Will be running the 25th.

FG License: Ultimate, players only need demo version
Game System: Savage Worlds

Time Zone: EDT
Day of week and time: Saturday 6/25, 3-7PM

Text or Voice: Voice preferred
Voice software used: Teamspeak

Roleplay & Combat mix: 60/40 Heavy on the RP
Number of Players in game & needed: Up to 6
Character restrictions: Pregens available

Calendar entry: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2045

You headed west to get away from it all, whether it was the relatives, the law, or just the weather. A couple of weeks as a ranch hand went well enough, but now that the season's cattle drive is done and you're back in town and what passes for civilization, it doesn't seem quite the same as you recall...

Deadlands is a Weird Wild West themed game, set in an alternate history during the late 19th century. This game will be using the Savage Worlds ruleset for Deadlands, which is quite easy to learn and is used for a number of games run here on FG. Pregens characters will be available.

Helldozer
June 14th, 2016, 21:11
Howdy. Quick question. I haven't played a tabletop RPG in about 30+ years, let alone Deadlands. Are you accepting noobs? Thank you.

Black Hammer
June 14th, 2016, 22:01
Howdy. Quick question. I haven't played a tabletop RPG in about 30+ years, let alone Deadlands. Are you accepting noobs? Thank you.

Absolutely. Savage Worlds is a very easy to learn system, and Deadlands has the advantage of being set in a mostly-real world. Since I have a DM license for Fantasy Grounds, you can download the demo version of FG off here or Steam, won't need to buy anything.

NotRussellCrowe
June 14th, 2016, 22:21
If you're open for another with no Deadlands or Savage Worlds experience I'd be happy to play.

Thanks and happy gaming!

Kelly

Helldozer
June 15th, 2016, 03:10
Absolutely. Savage Worlds is a very easy to learn system, and Deadlands has the advantage of being set in a mostly-real world. Since I have a DM license for Fantasy Grounds, you can download the demo version of FG off here or Steam, won't need to buy anything.

Thank you! Appreciate it. Okay, also, if I would like to join, is there anything I should review? Do we need to use the pregen characters, or can we generate our own?

Black Hammer
June 15th, 2016, 22:17
If you're open for another with no Deadlands or Savage Worlds experience I'd be happy to play.

Absolutely. All Deadlands requires is having seen a Western at some point.

Thank you! Appreciate it. Okay, also, if I would like to join, is there anything I should review? Do we need to use the pregen characters, or can we generate our own?

Not really, for the review part, aside from knowing your version of FG and TS are up to date and work. I'll have made pregens, but if you really want to make a character for a one-shot, message me and I'll see if we can get together early to get it done. Savage Worlds character aren't terribly complex, shouldn't take real long.

NotRussellCrowe
June 15th, 2016, 22:29
That sounds great, count me in.

Thanks!

Kelly

Black Hammer
June 16th, 2016, 23:23
Will have to reschedule for Saturday the 25th, as I found out the lines will be down here this weekend. Bit tricky to run online without internet or electricity.

NotRussellCrowe
June 16th, 2016, 23:28
I don't think I can make it, got a friend's bachelour party that night, just not sure when it starts. Poor planning on someone else's part. I'll let you know if things change and I can make it but don't count on me :cry:

Thanks for letting us know, sorry you will be without internet for any length of time.

Happy gaming!

Kelly

Black Hammer
June 17th, 2016, 01:22
Sorry for the shift in time. Depending on interest, if you and Helldozer are the only interested parties, I'd be happy to move it to another time convenient for you.

NotRussellCrowe
June 17th, 2016, 01:24
No need to be sorry, sometimes these things happen. It's my friend's fault for getting married this year and getting in the way of me having fun!

Hopefully I can join you sometime for a game but if you're able to find enough people to run it next weekend please do, don't let me stop everyone else from having fun!

Thanks!

Kelly