PDA

View Full Version : Monster manual

Seya
June 13th, 2016, 19:11
I would love if the monster manual had the ability to roll random encounters like how the PHB does treasures parcels. Pick by terrain, CR or experience

Zacchaeus
June 13th, 2016, 19:25
Such shenanigans wasn't in the paper version of the DMG so it's not in the FG module either. However it's easy enough to create your own and a brief search of the inter-webs will get you many sites with random tables

Seya
June 13th, 2016, 19:44
Yeah I use the websites. Just seems like a easy way to get people to buy the MM.

Zacchaeus
June 13th, 2016, 20:21
Yeah I use the websites. Just seems like a easy way to get people to buy the MM.

That would depend entirely on how you view or use random encounter tables. I hate them and have never used one in 25 years of gaming - for example :)

Smitworks is restricted in what it can produce with the material so it's not possible to do it off the cuff. If WotC have done such tables (I don't know if they have or not - I can't find any) then it might be possible to get permission to do such table.

Trenloe
June 13th, 2016, 20:30
Some discussions on Random Encounter tables here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?31875-Random-encounters