PDA

View Full Version : Help with DLC and finding created character for 5E

hydrol
June 13th, 2016, 18:35
Evening all (well in the GMT zone anyway!)

Just a couple of quick of points regarding help if i may?

Firstly, i am very new to FG and roleplaying games (only got my DnD tabletop starter set last week and already own the full FG license! can't wait to get going!!)

Point 1 - Even though i am very new i have watched all the videos and thought i would build myself up to GM a very easy 1 shot in a couple of months (once i figured out FG further) i therefore bought the Dnd 5E one shot DLC "The Murmuring Fountain" through Steam. I have checked steam and the content is installed. reading through some posts i have also updated the launcher and cycled the "Check steam for DLC" button. When i update the launcher the bottom of the update log displays the following

Getting purchases from Steam server
Getting manifest for Steam package (300790)
Getting manifest for Steam package (420730)
updating modules/The Murmuring Fountain.mod
Update check complete

However when i get into FG and select new campaign > 5E ruleset > i do not have an extension for The Murmuring Fountain?????

I originally thought it might be because i changed the location of the data folder to D:\Fantasy_Grounds_Data (to save space on my C drive, also recommended in a you tube video) but i also checked the "C:\Program data\Fantasy grounds" directories and still can't find any files that relate to the new DLC???

Does anyone have any ideas?

The second point (if i haven't bored you at all by this stage lol !!)

I loaded the 5E sample campaign and using a very good you tube video created a lvl 1 rogue (partly based on the character sheet i got with my DnD starter set) (you have no idea how happy i was with myself at this point!!)

I then tried to create a new 5E campaign and import the character to use in that new campaign (trying to simulate joining someone else's campaign but using my own character instead of a premade) however, i can not find my lvl 1 rogue anywhere when i try and import a character into the new campaign!!

Its very frustrating

If anyone could point me in the right direction, or point out how stupid i am, it would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Hydrol

New to FG and DnD
Always looking for games to better understand and improve
London, GMT
:rv::rv:

Trenloe
June 13th, 2016, 18:43
However when i get into FG and select new campaign > 5E ruleset > i do not have an extension for The Murmuring Fountain?????
Adventures are installed as modules, not as campaigns or extensions. Create a new 5E campaign and activate the adventure modules from the library. More info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Library

I then tried to create a new 5E campaign and import the character to use in that new campaign (trying to simulate joining someone else's campaign but using my own character instead of a premade) however, i can not find my lvl 1 rogue anywhere when i try and import a character into the new campaign!!
If you created the PC in a campaign (rather than in Manage Characters) it is only available in that campaign. You will need to export the PC (into a file) from the campaign you created the PC in and then go to your new campaign and import the XML there. This is by design, campaigns are meant to be self contained in terms of PC data.

See the GM Actions -> Export and Import a character here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Character_Management

hydrol
June 13th, 2016, 20:11
Trenloe,

I am extremely grateful for the help

Many thanks

damned
June 14th, 2016, 08:29
Well done hydrol - I look forward to you running some games in future!
Trenloe pretty much knows everything :)